Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Vapers giving vaping a bad name.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    I am envious MrG. You are living the dream. Thankfully, after much handwringing, I am moving back up to my hovel in the hills. No power, no water, shit reception etc etc. I can't wait.

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    Please explain how one can live such a dream. I'm often tired to the point of sickness of society at large...

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    1ynne and Boots like this.

AVF Regular
    Staceman, I have always held Tasmania in my heart, for its clean air, pristine untouched areas you can escape to...and affordably ! and remotely ! its worth a trip, no its worth several trips just to experience it ... but then I went to NewZealand... once, twice, 5 times.. and.. it is like Tassie only bigger with more sheep than peeps ! and it is now legal to vape there.. sigh !

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Firstly, a lot of city living comes with the need to support a high mortgage, get a job, need a car, pay for car, pay for driving it, pay for roads, pay for heating/cooling, pay for clothes for work, pay pay. Such a circular thing. Buy all your food at a supermarket, generate heaps of rubbish. And so on so forth in a big circular, um circle.

For me, my lil cabin in the woods was funded by selling my place in Sydney, however you could buy a liveable dwelling here for the cost of a month's worth of smased avos on toast, or nearly. I grow a lot of my own food and really only need a milking goat and cold tolerant coffee plant(s) to be nearly self sufficient. When I figure out how to butcher a wallaby I'll ve set for meat. Solar, tank water and wood stove for heating, cooking and hot water. Plenty of exercise, as per the log pile. Also gorse cutting which frees up more land for me, and provides some wood for axe handles and next year's burning. Also good people, nearly to level of good like AVF, I bought a mouli recently, gumtree for the win, with instructions from seller "Sure [name} if I am not home I will leave at front door and you can put money under door mat. "

Take a holiday and live somewhere away from the city and take some time to take it in and learn. It's harder than vaping but as worth it. Surprising how little you need to get by and thrive, Maslow had it pretty right.

/off grid rant
    merexy, 1ynne, Wombats1 and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Blowing clouds around uninformed people who think vaping is as dangerous as smoking is just plain stupid...
    We don't educate anybody by getting up in their face.
    As a vaper, I hate seeing groups of people pulling cloud comps in public places...

You and me both staceman101 it is just plain stupid and inconsiderate. I remember I was in a car park of a supermarket (Outdoors) I pulled out my mini stealth vape called a Just Fog and took a few toots before going to do my shopping. Another vaper spotted me and laughed. "Call that a vape" he laughs and pulls out his brick and blows a cloud that would conceal a battle ship. I shrug my shoulders and smile at the fool.

I reply: "Friend I am in a public place and do not wish to upset non smokers." Then I invite him to my car and show him what is sitting in the car console with a cloth over it out of public view.
    An Ijoy Max Quad with a OBS Engine RTA in it.

I open my door stick my head in the car and take a toot which filled the entire car with a dense cloud (VG Juice) Now say I "That is what I call a vape" He stands there gob smacked.

I put my vape into my shopping bag, now that he has seen it as I did not want this idiot to pilfer my car and proceed to do my shopping.
    staceman101 and Boots like this.

AVF Regular
    Far too many vapers just like being exhibitionists - and it gives the whole counter-culture a bad name.

When smokers sneak a quick stinky and blow their smoke upward, trying to be polite... that gets enough glares. When vapers think they need to make weather patterns to prove some kind of point? That's insane.

flyingfox12 and Boots like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Please explain how one can live such a dream. I'm often tired to the point of sickness of society at large...

You can buy property in remote areas pretty cheaply, because everyone wants to live in a city or a large town. Since the burden of mortgage and just existing in the city environment is so high, it just puts you on the merry-go-round. What Mr G said, basically.

Make no mistake though, the lack of what we take for granted means that you have make, build, work at it to make it possible. There's no such thing as a free lunch. You want a flush toilet? you're going to have to build a septic system. Water? That's what tanks are for. Electricity? Right. The hardest to avoid high cost is electricity, and it will keep on costing you long term because power storage is necessary and not cheap. (Am I right Mr G?)

BTW Mr G, have you seen this?

I'll assume you have a pretty good idea about hygiene wrt to dressing the carcass. The rest is just lots of practice (and mistakes).
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Dont forget the country tax fab. If a person in sydney seen what i pay per KW/hr they would have a heart attack.

I wont even get started on the medical system.
    Between the 6-12 month waiting list for simple things like dentistry, psychology and the lack of bulk billing doctors in a 200km radius.
    You get sick out here, pray to what ever deity you believe in you can suffer the pain long enough to drive to a city for proper treatment

AVF Regular
    Lived in the country all my life. Always amuses me how a lot of people have this idyllic dream of what it's like, they sell up buy here and then can't cope with the work, the isolation, the work, crap roads, crap internet, the work. Then they realise it's not all beer and skittles and bugger off back to the city and another lot move in. You really have to be resourceful.

Me, I love it.. I don't understand (or want to) the "Jones" syndrome of living in the city.
    Fatman, MrGruffy, 1ynne and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I live in a small country town. Used to live in the city. Wife wants to move to a bigger town... I want to go bush.

merexy and Boots like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Dont forget the country tax fab. If a person in sydney seen what i pay per KW/hr they would have a heart attack.

I wont even get started on the medical system.
    Between the 6-12 month waiting list for simple things like dentistry, psychology and the lack of bulk billing doctors in a 200km radius.
    You get sick out here, pray to what ever deity you believe in you can suffer the pain long enough to drive to a city for proper treatment
    https://youtu.be/Nsw8PhDlhSg
    staceman101 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast