Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Vapers giving vaping a bad name.

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    146

    Vapers giving vaping a bad name.

    OK so this is going to be a bit of a rant on my part.
    I work at a gym that is not staffed 24hrs only between 8am-8pm and 8am-1pm public holidays and Sundays.
    So I went in for a late train myself today and walked in to find 3 young people (20's) sitting in the corner clouding out the gym. Seriously I know its raining but would you smoke a cigarette or a joint in a gym? No so why is a e-cig good enough.
    I'm assuming any gym wouldn't be happy with there members carrying on like this.
    Had to ask them twice to put them down or leave. Only after I told them they wouldn't be welcomed back they packed up and left.
    Anyone else experience similarly crap or am I the only one unlucky enough?
    flyingfox12 likes this.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,347
    It's not a good look for the Gym is it.
    Boots likes this.
    Regards
    Rod



  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    178
    I see your point and you are correct, however it's just so easy. I vape in the office with plenty of people around and probably shouldn't just a bit of a habit. The only thing some of the guys say is "it's going to rain" (clouds) as a joke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    muscovyduckling and Boots like this.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    sunshine coast qld
    Posts
    1,358
    ive seen it in my town a few times i could tell cloud chaser since they were just blowing clouds this was near where i go for my training (they are near the ses base next door) i told them to put the watts down because it was floating to where my group was and they were not happy because they know i vape but respectfully and these annoying people had some bad flavour or something then they had the guts to try and set off the smoke alarms at the nursery that would have caused a full fire evac luckly cops came during break and told them off and they didnt care about me.
    Boots likes this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask


    On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    755
    Its about respecting others.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,908
    Vapers- the vegans of the smoking community

    Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Fatman, BrianS, MrGruffy and 8 others like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    It's not a good look for the Gym is it.
    Nah not a very good look even tho about 30% of the other member's are vapers as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    I see your point and you are correct, however it's just so easy. I vape in the office with plenty of people around and probably shouldn't just a bit of a habit. The only thing some of the guys say is "it's going to rain" (clouds) as a joke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm guessing you have been doing it for awhile tho. Not a completely unexpected sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    ive seen it in my town a few times i could tell cloud chaser since they were just blowing clouds this was near where i go for my training (they are near the ses base next door) i told them to put the watts down because it was floating to where my group was and they were not happy because they know i vape but respectfully and these annoying people had some bad flavour or something then they had the guts to try and set off the smoke alarms at the nursery that would have caused a full fire evac luckly cops came during break and told them off and they didnt care about me.
    At least you tried to stop them from affecting anyone else a bit of common decency goes a long way
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post
    Its about respecting others.
    Exactly I probably puff twice as much as those young fellas but I can manage to contain my urge while I'm training myself or a client out of respect for other's.

    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    Vapers- the vegans of the smoking community

    Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Dunno about vegans it was more a matter or respecting others and our small community sponsored gym. It takes enough effort to go in front of the board to get approval for new equipment with out having complaints to face.
    Last edited by Boots; 05-06-17 at 07:52 PM.
    1ynne likes this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,450
    It's an interesting topic actually. Customs come about because it's perceived as polite or correct to act in a certain way. It's the oil that helps a society keep on working smoothly.

    It's not polite to fog up a room that other people have to use. Because vaping is practically harmless, it would also not be polite to object to vaping in a public place if the person is not affecting anyone at all. This is why I tend to stealth vape in public, and I've never had one single person object - hardly any of them would even know.

    Somewhere along the way I hope politeness becomes accepted custom and vapers and non-vapers can co-exist with a bit of understanding.

    That's if ANTZ don't get their stupid way. Rude buggers.
    Wombats1, staceman101 and Boots like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Southern Vales, SA
    Posts
    2,385
    I think it is outright arrogant and anti-social. The general community are, more or less of the view that "it looks like smoking, therefore it is smoking".

    I can control my NEED to get my nicotine hit, so much better since I switched. I can go without when it will give our burgeoning community a poor image.

    Often in these circumstances, I will show my vape, to open the avenue of discussion. People are intrigued, and once explained they want to see it in action. I have a toot, no massive meteorologically altering cloud systems, and they are impressed that it doesn't putridly stink. I get my nic hit, a few more in the community are better informed, and we become normalised.

    The ignorant masses love to demonise smokers.

    In your face, cloud chuckers will give that same baying mob ample reason to cast us to the wolves as well.
    helixx, staceman101 and Boots like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

    Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    sunshine coast qld
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    I think it is outright arrogant and anti-social. The general community are, more or less of the view that "it looks like smoking, therefore it is smoking".

    I can control my NEED to get my nicotine hit, so much better since I switched. I can go without when it will give our burgeoning community a poor image.

    Often in these circumstances, I will show my vape, to open the avenue of discussion. People are intrigued, and once explained they want to see it in action. I have a toot, no massive meteorologically altering cloud systems, and they are impressed that it doesn't putridly stink. I get my nic hit, a few more in the community are better informed, and we become normalised.

    The ignorant masses love to demonise smokers.

    In your face, cloud chuckers will give that same baying mob ample reason to cast us to the wolves as well.
    defently my same experiance tho i have to be careful because it needs to be extremely short or ill throw a cloud (one of the things i dont like about .208 ohm builds at times) but im getting better with timing it and i face towards the wind direction
    staceman101 and Boots like this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask


    On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

 

 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 04:50 PM.