Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Vaping for Over 60's

AVF Regular

Vaping for Over 60's

I have just come across this lady and I just had to share her with you. Especially for the Over 60's She's won my heart.

https://youtu.be/wKX34KQGUTE

If this is in the wrong place mods, please move.

AVF Regular
    Love it she's so cute! Recently have a great granny come see me to switch to vaping and picked out a I just start+ in bright red lol she's loving it at a whopping 4mg/ml. Said it makes her feel hip and now she can cuddle her great grandkids without them making stinky faces.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Love it she's so cute! Recently have a great granny come see me to switch to vaping and picked out a I just start+ in bright red lol she's loving it at a whopping 4mg/ml. Said it makes her feel hip and now she can cuddle her great grandkids without them making stinky faces.
    Wonderful news about your great gran Boots. At 63 yrs now I can identify with her. I also feel 'hip' again...what a new lease of life!! I can also now give my (grown up) kids (who don't smoke or vape) a hug without being pushed away in short order. It's made such a difference to me you wouldn't believe.

I haven't stopped watching this lady's vids since finding her. Her reviews on hardware are wonderful as some things I also have trouble with, like opening tanks for filling etc. with my arthritic hands. I'm beginning to think we need some device builders to think of older vapers with some of their models and/or colours in ejuice so we can see the levels in the tanks...that's what I have trouble with mostly. Oh the woes, but oh the experience!!
    xcoffa, 1ynne, Cat and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)

Go Nana !!!

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    Wonderful news about your great gran Boots. At 63 yrs now I can identify with her. I also feel 'hip' again...what a new lease of life!! I can also now give my (grown up) kids (who don't smoke or vape) a hug without being pushed away in short order. It's made such a difference to me you wouldn't believe.

I haven't stopped watching this lady's vids since finding her. Her reviews on hardware are wonderful as some things I also have trouble with, like opening tanks for filling etc. with my arthritic hands. I'm beginning to think we need some device builders to think of older vapers with some of their models and/or colours in ejuice so we can see the levels in the tanks...that's what I have trouble with mostly. Oh the woes, but oh the experience!!
    I know exactly what your talking about my sister and my niece came over for a visit first time I've seen them in two years I got aunty Linda smells pretty instead of ewwie lol.
    I have a close friend who is legally blind even though
    she does have some sight just not much. I recently purchased some extremely bright colours to go in her mix I'll see how it works out they are just basic dyes design for e-juices to help her see levels. She also has the tiniest funnel I've ever seen to help her fill.
    I think we do need someone to design a mod and tanks with arthritis in mind. As well as smaller hands (mine are the bane of my existence) I had to stick to sticks and smaller devices until I finally caved and decided using two hands to hold it really isn't that bad lol but I still prefer to take a pico out and about with me just so I don't drop it.
    Jemor likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I know exactly what your talking about my sister and my niece came over for a visit first time I've seen them in two years I got aunty Linda smells pretty instead of ewwie lol.
    I have a close friend who is legally blind even though
    she does have some sight just not much. I recently purchased some extremely bright colours to go in her mix I'll see how it works out they are just basic dyes design for e-juices to help her see levels. She also has the tiniest funnel I've ever seen to help her fill.
    I think we do need someone to design a mod and tanks with arthritis in mind. As well as smaller hands (mine are the bane of my existence) I had to stick to sticks and smaller devices until I finally caved and decided using two hands to hold it really isn't that bad lol but I still prefer to take a pico out and about with me just so I don't drop it.
    Yes, I think design still has a long way to go, for oldies at least. My first tank, (Nauitlus 2 on an Aspire Zelos) was filled by a man at the shop, ending with when I went to went to refill it I had to take the pliers to it just to unskrew it (which is what I have to do after anything that men have skrewed with..LOL..tyres come to mind quick smart)...LOL...that resulted in taking some paint off the tank at the same time. I could not budge it no matter how hard I tried. Surely it doesn't need to be that hard to fill a tank?? But I really like the vape from this tank so now I hardly tighten it...no leaks yet, but hold my breath every time I use it.

Sorry guys!!
    Last edited by Jemor; 12-06-17 at 07:59 PM. Reason: just typos :-)
    Boots likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    Yes, I think design still has a long way to go, for oldies at least. My first tank, (Nauitlus 2 on an Aspire Zelos) was filled by a man at the shop, ending with when I went to went to refill it I had to take the pliers to it just to unskrew it (which is what I have to do after anything that men have skrewed with..LOL..tyres come to mind quick smart)...LOL...that resulted in taking some paint off the tank at the same time. I could not budge it no matter how hard I tried. Surely it doesn't need to be that hard to fill a tank?? But I really like the vape from this tank so now I hardly tighten it...no leaks yet, but hold my breath every time I use it.

Sorry guys!!
    It's true, tanks don't need to be that tight. Seals often freeze up on glass and metal too though - that can make it hard. Some of my RDAs are almost impossible to pull apart if the top cap has been on for a week, and they are just press fit. Annoying!

As far as your wheel nuts are concerned though, they really do need to be on tight. It's a safety issue. I'd go so far as to say that if they are on right, those silly wheel braces they give you to change a tire with are woefully inadequate. I can barely get wheel nuts off with them myself.

If you want to be independent (ie not call a weightlifter when you get a flat) I recommend you get one of these:
    SCA Wheel Wrench, Extension - 530mm - Supercheap Auto
    The handle slides out to be half a meter long, giving you enough leverage to tackle the ones that seem to be stuck on. If you take the wheel nuts off and put a little all purpose grease on the threads it will prevent them from rusting onto the studs.

Oh, and a couple of tank spanners too:
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...tweezers-for-e
    gert, fridgemagnet and Jemor like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    The BRRB (Big Red Rubber Band) is also a handy tool, thats what i use to get apart my tanks, i get mine free, from the postie, they bundle up our mail in them, i have a never ending supply...

One band on the top of the tank, one on the bottom...and twist

Sadly ive seen first hand what happens when people use pliers, someone i know who i have since converted in the BRRB fellowship has a number of tanks with nasty plier teeth marks on them

Should go without saying but never use tools or even the BRRB on the glass section of a tank....
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 13-06-17 at 02:53 AM.
    gert, 1ynne, Mistic Lady and 2 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    yep yep yep... or from bundles of asparagus.. the rubber band are purple... this matters !!! and I loved the video and her purple scarf... now all you youngsters... be kind... age happens !!!
    gert, stylemessiah and Jemor like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    She makes a lot of sense. Smokers should not be persecuted the way they are.
    Our PC world is insane.
    That penguin mod should be good for oldies - I have one on it's way. My Kabuki is a SWINE to refill.
    stylemessiah and Jemor like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast