Like Tree116Likes

Thread: E-cigarettes and smoking cessation: Online survey

AVF Regular
    Another one done
    draziz likes this.

AVF Regular
    All Done,

Re:
    The next issue about comparing data between Australia and Bangladesh, as there has been limited scientific evidence regarding use of vapors, we need to understand whether there is any difference or variation in the use of vapors due to geographical location or the current tobacco regulation laws.
    The interesting point to note is that in developing countries like Bangladesh, one needs to consider not only the geographical location but the economic situation of the population in general.

What is the price of a packet of say 30 cigarettes in Bangladesh compared to Australia as well as the price of vapes and e-juice. Which is more affordable to the average smoker?

I do not know anything about Bangladesh, and what is cheaper there Cigarettes or Vapes, even if Nicotine e-juice is legal there or vapes for that matter, I would be interested in learning more about the Bangladesh situation in this regard.

In Australia for example, with our taxes on cigarettes, even the average blue collar worker is finding them not affordable and recent media reports show an ever increasing 'ram raids' and other burglaries of shop keepers and even muggings on the street for a cigarette. It used to be that people using illegal drugs were doing crime to support their habit Now its the pensioners and those on other forms of social security that are being driven to desperation. It truly sickens me to see the poor picking up filthy cigarette butts off the street but what can one do, I certainly cannot afford to buy stinkies or vapes for every poor person I see and believe me when I say I see more and more every day.

Recently outside of a public hospital I saw patients in dressing gowns smoking.
    I spoke with some and was aghast out of seven I spoke with four never heard of vapes. Public education into the safer vaping alternative is very much suppressed in Australia. One does not need much intelligence to understand why.
    rockmoose, Jemor and draziz like this.

AVF Regular
    I have to say I was a little perturbed about the question on drinking alcohol. I'm not sure what that should have anything to do with smoking, let alone vaping.

BTW, in FXVaper's first post he stated the inquiry deadline date to be 22/7/17.... It's actually the 6/7/17 if people think they still have a lot of time it's only a little over 2 weeks away.

Oh...I did do the survey though.
    flyingfox12 and draziz like this.

AVF Regular
    The question I had trouble with was how many times a day do I vape. With cigarettes we seem to know how many we smoke but I have no idea how many vapes I have. I can vape for 5 mins or an hour or more so I said 30.
    act180, flyingfox12 and draziz like this.

AVF Regular
    I started it and then took offence as I do with all surveys when it came to income, so closed the tab on the browser
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    As you know already socio-economic indicators are a part of creating overall community profiles of groups- used for both planning and by some for marketing purposes by others- there is no real escaping these kinds of questions

Also as with any other survey also a risk you take insofar as people potentially twisting your intentions

Up to you whether you answer these kinds of questions or not

Personally I also avoid these kinds of questions - lest the bastardise and misrepresent what I want to convey through these surveys - Coral Gartner still sticks heavily in my throat after all this time...

Others are often more brave than me here - more power to them I say

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    I started it and then took offence as I do with all surveys when it came to income, so closed the tab on the browser
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 20-06-17 at 09:46 PM.
    Jemor and draziz like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    A simple rather not say option would have been nice
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    All Done,

Re:

The interesting point to note is that in developing countries like Bangladesh, one needs to consider not only the geographical location but the economic situation of the population in general.

What is the price of a packet of say 30 cigarettes in Bangladesh compared to Australia as well as the price of vapes and e-juice. Which is more affordable to the average smoker?

I do not know anything about Bangladesh, and what is cheaper there Cigarettes or Vapes, even if Nicotine e-juice is legal there or vapes for that matter, I would be interested in learning more about the Bangladesh situation in this regard.

In Australia for example, with our taxes on cigarettes, even the average blue collar worker is finding them not affordable and recent media reports show an ever increasing 'ram raids' and other burglaries of shop keepers and even muggings on the street for a cigarette. It used to be that people using illegal drugs were doing crime to support their habit Now its the pensioners and those on other forms of social security that are being driven to desperation. It truly sickens me to see the poor picking up filthy cigarette butts off the street but what can one do, I certainly cannot afford to buy stinkies or vapes for every poor person I see and believe me when I say I see more and more every day.

Recently outside of a public hospital I saw patients in dressing gowns smoking.
    I spoke with some and was aghast out of seven I spoke with four never heard of vapes. Public education into the safer vaping alternative is very much suppressed in Australia. One does not need much intelligence to understand why.
    Thanks for your interest to know further about the situation in Bangladesh. Use of vapes is a new tradition there. It seems costlier than cigarettes. However, this survey will provide further evidence and I will share the findings with the forum members.
    fabricator4 and Jemor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    Hi Brian, I am sorry to know that the question on income disappointed you. Please, feel free to skip that question and respond to other questions. The demographic and socioeconomic questions are included for better understanding of the users. Thanks
    fabricator4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    As you know already socio-economic indicators are a part of creating overall community profiles of groups- used for both planning and by some for marketing purposes by others- there is no real escaping these kinds of questions

Also as with any other survey also a risk you take insofar as people potentially twisting your intentions

Up to you whether you answer these kinds of questions or not

Personally I also avoid these kinds of questions - lest the bastardise and misrepresent what I want to convey through these surveys - Coral Gartner still sticks heavily in my throat after all this time...

Others are often more brave than me here - more power to them I say
    Thanks for explaining this. Yes, we want to know about the profile of the users, therefore, added the question on socioeconomic status.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast