Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: TFV4 Micro leaking from air holes

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

TFV4 Micro leaking from air holes

For weeks my tfv4 has juice coming out of the airholes if i leave my mod sitting for more than an hour. I've changed the O rings, put in new coils, cleaned it out and still getting leaking. Having to blow out the juice and losing alot. Anyone had any experience on how to stop this? Can't afford to keep blowing out all this ejuice just because i let my mod sit for a hour or two.

Thanks.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchAhoy View Post
    For weeks my tfv4 has juice coming out of the airholes if i leave my mod sitting for more than an hour. I've changed the O rings, put in new coils, cleaned it out and still getting leaking. Having to blow out the juice and losing alot. Anyone had any experience on how to stop this? Can't afford to keep blowing out all this ejuice just because i let my mod sit for a hour or two.

Thanks.
    What coil are you using? What is the VG content of the liquid? It sounds like the juice is too thin, or the wick is faulty. The tank could also be pressurising when you fill it.
    DAWZZY likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Kind of sounds like it's slowly losing its vacuum? I mean if you use the tank periodically does it still leak or just when it has been sitting?

AVF Regular
    Tried replacing the top fill gasket? Air getting into ank can cause juice to flow out. Have also found the standard chimney orings to be not very good.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Mine (both micro and nano tfv4) always leak after filling, a few pulls straight away stop that.

Sounds like your issue is closer to air leak as said above.
    My micro came with either the glass too long or something else askew.
    Could actually see air bubbles coming out (where the chimney adapter screws into the coil) after a few pulls. A thicker Oring helped but eventually I'll take 0.5mm or so off the glass so everything seals properly.

Maybe try screwing it all together without the glass and compare lengths.
    Those baby orings don't seal if the threads are loose.
    Last edited by ywfbi; 18-06-17 at 08:27 PM.

AVF Regular
    Extra to add....
    I found both rebuildable coils have a different top profile (deeper and larger dia) above the thread where the oring seats.
    Pre-made micro coils WILL seal on the original orings, however the genuine R2 RBA and RBC rebuildable coils do not.

Instead of shortening the glass (every glass/adapter combo left a large gap) I put an extra oring INSIDE the top of the chimney adapter. Then assemble....
    Screw coil into base, screw adapter firmly into coil, then screw on glass and top.
    This puts the 0.5mm+ gap between the top of the tank and chimney adapter, and the extra oring seals it perfectly.