Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Jaded.

AVF Regular

Jaded.

I have my staple juice flavours I do most days on of which has been with me since day one of my journey (Red Astaire). Batter and Blocks from FiveTen and of course VE A+O. These all taste constant to me, even if left some months they still taste the same and in the case of A+O it changes but gets better.

I bought some Australian made doublers a while back (different makers), really nice at first. Left them for a bit and came back and they taste nothing like the originally did, either insipid or like poo. Disappointed... So many new "expert makers" have appeared on the scene all touting similar flavours, really I'm just too scared and bored to try.

I miss my exotics, Nicoticket, real Boba's, Espheni Blood, Poison Apple....

Someone tempt me please. I need something new made by someone who really knows what they're doing and something that stays the same flavour after a few months.

And don't suggest DIY. All mine taste the same (arse).
    gert, disley, 1ynne and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    I have my staple juice flavours I do most days on of which has been with me since day one of my journey (Red Astaire). Batter and Blocks from FiveTen and of course VE A+O. These all taste constant to me, even if left some months they still taste the same and in the case of A+O it changes but gets better.

I bought some Australian made doublers a while back (different makers), really nice at first. Left them for a bit and came back and they taste nothing like the originally did, either insipid or like poo. Disappointed... So many new "expert makers" have appeared on the scene all touting similar flavours, really I'm just too scared and bored to try.

I miss my exotics, Nicoticket, real Boba's, Espheni Blood, Poison Apple....

Someone tempt me please. I need something new made by someone who really knows what they're doing and something that stays the same flavour after a few months.

And don't suggest DIY. All mine taste the same (arse).

Have you tasted any of mine. All minties though. Subzero triple mint and my 5 1/2 all day vape menthol eucalyptus

The only thing that fades is the koolada so I readd a couple if drops each new mix

The other one we have is Jager bomb from juice whore. That has stayed the same over time
    Last edited by Crisscross; 02-07-17 at 03:26 PM.
    merexy likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    The reason I ask is that I use decadent vapours concentrates as my base and they have staved true to their flavours over years. Their concentrates are preblended and pre balanced concentrates of their eliquid so although i use the concentrates for my recipes their individual eliquids are great.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 02-07-17 at 07:55 PM.
    Cat likes this.

AVF Regular
    Steamers Plime stays the same for me. I mix 200ml at a time but mix at 15 %. It has beem my adv for over 2 years.
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well as you all know I'm a VE fanboi. My favourite, Study in Apricot, needs a couple of weeks steeping but it doesn't change flavour after that. Same deal with their Ezekiel, and their ADV2 tastes the same after months on the shelf too, but sounds kinda similar to your Red Astaire anyway (sounds delish btw).

I've noticed a lot of the juices that have a sour element change over time. This includes VE Morris the Grape (although I haven't tried the new formula) and The Turk, as well as Bogan Brews Coorong Cola. Which is a real shame and very annoying, because I love all those flavours at first, but after a while they become harsh and scratchy and taste mainly like the citric acid powder you might add to your baked goods. Royal Bishop's Pineapple Land loses some of its sourness and becomes more icecreamy over time but at least it doesn't taste like arse.

Next time you order some A+O, ask them to chuck in a sampler of Study in Apricot and Ezekiel (if you like tobaccos)? Aaand there's always unflavoured

ETA: I have some of XXs Sub-Zero which I only vape every now and then, and it has stayed the same flavour-wise whenever I come back to it. She speaks the truth
    Last edited by muscovyduckling; 02-07-17 at 05:53 PM.
    Crisscross and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    I am sure FM can explain it better but I believe the fading of flavours is down to the concentrates used relying on aromatics to fool your taste bud rather than flavanoids. I can taste flavanoids but have trouble with concentrates that use a lot of aromatics.
    gert, essiemessy, shaneo and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I actually whole heartedly agree about these 'premium eliquids' and 'boutique makers' coming onto the scene and once steeped the eliquids have lost all their flavour and/or are insipid. I've had a bad run with USA makers and their eliquids turning to utter crap. But getting any response out of most of them was nearly impossible. So frustrating to say the least. The little money I have put into trying to buy eliquids to stop me from going back to smoking or pulling my hair out (and cutting off my foot...lol) has left me jaded and fuming too. I've found some of the new Australian eliquid makers are just the same. I won't name names, but I bought a bottle and mixed it up and let it steep for a good 5 days (only for like 20 minutes each day open or drawing air in and shaking it before resealing it) and after the 5 days it's nothing like I thought it would taste like. Where's the accountability and consistency? Do these people not care!? And have they just seen it as a "get rich quick" method? Do we start a list of makers that should be blacklisted?
    gtadmin, merexy and rodbam like this.

AVF Regular
    Oh right XX. I bet that's why this Six n Out always smells much stronger than it tastes
    Crisscross and shaneo like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks all. I don't have a problem with VE stuff Ducky and it does hold its flavour. I have Jagerbomb on your recommend XX, it's fine. I found a bottle of GoodLife Plain Jane I'd forgotten about, over 12 months old. A little darker but still tastes as good as the day I got it. But some of the "Aussie" juice..... Well, I had a bottle of Monkey Milk and I'm stuffed if I know where the bananas went.... There are others too.

I guess I'm looking for some flavours that will light me up like when I started. Oh I wish I could taste Bobas again......
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    What Guri said. I'm tired of all these new "boutique" makers that have sprung on the scene here in Oz, sorry it all tastes like poo to me. Not to mention no originality.

Start vaping.... Hey, there's a buck to be made here. Suddenly an expert juice maker with more front than Myers.
    gurishka likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast