Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 2 Year Anniversary (where did the time go)

AVF Regular

2 Year Anniversary (where did the time go)

Hi everyone,

Well as you've read I hit my 2 year tobacco free anniversary and well I just can't believe it.

Like most of us I had tried to stop smoking many many times using books, patches, gum even counselling, after falling again I had resigned to the fact I was going to be a smoker for life. That is until my father sick of watching me burn my finances and health up in smoke ordered me a eGo and C4 kit with some "medium tobacco flav" liquid for my 40th birthday.

After 3 days of duel using I said tonight I won't buy cigs on the way home and lets see if I can get through the night without having any on me or in the house You know what ? I made it through that night in fact it was easy, sure the C4 got a work out but as the next day went on I knew that I preferred vaping. As the weekend rolled around I started reading and searching all the different devices online, damn it was overwhelming.

Luckily I found this http://forums.aussievapers.com/ fantastic place and the great people who go out of their way to help newbies, after an introduction and a few questions I headed off to Vape King where I purchased a Nautilus and Aspire ESP 30W (that is still in rotation today) and well as they say the rest is history.

Lastly - Thankyou to everyone who helped me, gave advice or even just made recommendations none of you have steered me wrong !

Regards
    Dhufish = Andrew
    gert, Fatman, fabricator4 and 16 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Congrats on a job well done and say a big "thank you" to your Dad
    stylemessiah and Dhufish like this.

AVF Regular
    Congratulations!! you should buy yourself a new e-juice to celebrate
    A cake flavour would be perfect!

AVF Regular
    Good onya, the 1st year comes up quick, the second even quicker! It's awesome to be free of smokes, like many I suspect you thought you'd never be free of them...I didn't think I'd ever not smoke after 35+ years. No doubt the people here have played their part in helping many many people make the transition, and by interaction day after day, keep them on the path. Have a good one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Fatman and Dhufish like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Yes it does go quick doesn't it? Congrats on 2 years...

... and you're right. I too expected to die with a smoke in my hand.
    gert, stylemessiah and Dhufish like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Nearly, but not quite 2 years for me.

I can't say with any authority I've saved any money (because they're cheap here), but I can say with some authority that being in one of the most difficult places to quit smoking in the world*, vaping made it very, very easy to do.

(Because they're cheap, relatively speaking and because smoking is quite accepted/tolerated.)

I'm not sure which day it actually was I officially quit, but I can look it up. It was a Wednesday. I drove for 7 hours, tooted rather than smoked and made it through that day, which means any other normal day should (and has been) a doddle. Added stress of 6 in the car, made possible by a new set of wheels that could accommodate such a number (and part of why I got off the stinkies).

Congratulations on 2 years, I'll join you in another few weeks.

And make one more post. You're at 999 as I write this.

Stu.
    Fatman, stylemessiah and Dhufish like this.

AVF Regular
    Congratulations Dhufish for your continuing success. I notice The chipmunk hasn't congratulated you yet??? Maybe he sent you a PM.

Here's cheers to many more years, with a working set of lungs.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    congratulations. Brilliant milestone.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I should add that those of us who manage to quit also tend to have an effect on those around us who also smoke, or smoked, and also pay forward the good work of those who helped us on the forum...my first convert, after 40 years of smoking, the pair of us both quitting the moment we hit the first button for the first time, put me to shame at his 2 year mark by going completely nic free. He can't believe he's free of nicotine completely, always thanks me and comments on how much healthier he and his bank account are...sadly gentle hints about buying me a stratocaster to show his gratitude go unrealised

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    gert, Fatman, fabricator4 and 3 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Good job Andrew!
    Dhufish likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast