Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Flu destroyed my vaping :-(

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Flu destroyed my vaping :-(

Had this shitty flu for 2 weeks and have been unable to vape without coughing my lungs and guts out.....
    Stupidly, I have been able to, dare I admit it, smoke stinkys without the same problem in order to satisfy my cravings.
    Just stating it here and don't expect anyone to come up with a solution but have to say I'm disgusted with myself
    Massive doses of sympathy would be nice, but don't expect it, but also please don't shitcan me for telling you my pathetic story
    Cheers, Rod

AVF Regular
    Hey Rod don't beat yourself up over it. I had a similar bout last year when I had pleurisy. I didn't make it fully back to the Stinky's just a puff every now and then and couldn't handle smoking either. Nicotine withdrawals got so bad ended up dripping e-juice on the back of my hand to deal with it.
    Rodrocket and Danny76 like this.

Super Moderator
    Even if you fall off the wagon, who cares? You'll get back up when you're feeling better. Self disgust is pointless and just depressing.

Pick yourself up, smile, light a durry if need be, and come back to vaping in the very near future.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Yeah, we'll still be here for you Rod. Definitely no point in beating yourself up when your feeling like shit anyway. Does make me think, I really should Order some snus, just in case. I know it's of no help to you now, but I reckon that would be the best, non-irritating way to get through any such trying times.
    Rodrocket and Danny76 like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular

dont qoute why i put this up just remember the lyrics to the first part i guess?
    Rodrocket and chris_vaper like this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrocket View Post
    Had this shitty flu for 2 weeks and have been unable to vape without coughing my lungs and guts out.....
    Stupidly, I have been able to, dare I admit it, smoke stinkys without the same problem in order to satisfy my cravings.
    Just stating it here and don't expect anyone to come up with a solution but have to say I'm disgusted with myself
    Massive doses of sympathy would be nice, but don't expect it, but also please don't shitcan me for telling you my pathetic story
    Cheers, Rod
    Doing DL with a chest problem is definitely choke worthy. MTL, high VG, don't inhale and just blow it out your nose. If your nose is blocked, buckets of menthol and cooling agent can help with that.

Get back to vaping when you can...

I'm actually moving to vaping this way a good deal of the time. It just feels right, especially since nicotine is absorbed just as well if not better this way.

Shock horror, am I turning into a tootle puffer in my old age?

Also +10 for putting some high nic on the back of your hand. That's exactly what I would do if I had to.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    The Steamery's Fresh Lime was the one that I managed to vape when I had a bad cold.
    and this wasn't even part of my regular flavours but a sampler I got two seasons ago.

Snus is probably a better alternative.
    Rodrocket likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Snus ??? I will investigate this.
    I know nothing about it but have seen/heard it mentioned many times.
    Thanks all for your very supportive comments
    Won't top myself just yet

AVF Regular
    Yeah, I believe that man flu is super nasty

I agree with the comments above. No point in beating yourself up over it. Do what you gotta do......who gives a shit
    The main thing is you seem to be missing your vape so I think it will be easy to get back into it when you feel better.
    Rodrocket and Boots like this.

AVF Regular
    Last time I had a cold, I made a special "death to the rhinovirus" juice. It was glorious. And green. And it fizzed a little when I mixed it.

Oooh... found a picture!

It was a mix of Mad Murdock's Pluid, Steamer's Drop Bear, Yaeliq's Refresher, some various apple / pear / citrus type dregs I had around, a metric buttload of Koolada, and a couple of drops of sweetner to tie it all in. And about 3x the usual nic strength I usually run .

The end effect was a super strong mix of anise, eucalyptus, mint, and koolada (cooling agent), with a smattering of sweet citrus to tie it all together. It was actually legit really good.

An entire packet of chemist throat lozenges did nothing, but that juice? Oh boy. Numbed the throat and cleared the head. I don't know what I could have done without it.

So yeah - my point - when you have a cold, nothin' beats a strong (by "strong" I mean "those o-rings were a write off, this juice HAS to be stored in glass 'cause it'll eat through plastic, and there is no way in hell I'm putting it in any atty I care about") mix of anise, mint, eucalyptus, and cooling agent.

And of course, try not to worry about the little things. Two steps forward and one step back still totals a step forward at the end of the day. Vaping will still be here when you're feeling better.
    Rodrocket and rockmoose like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast