Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By hithere

Thread: How can I post photos from my own files (not the internet) onto the forum?

AVF Regular

How can I post photos from my own files (not the internet) onto the forum?

Hi I've posted images from the internet onto the forum but I can't post my own photos that are on my computer. I noticed that my Posting Permission doesn't allow me to post images. I emailed the forum contact address about it but haven't heard bac. If that isn't the problem does anyone have any advice? I have a Mac.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hithere View Post
    ... I have a Mac.
    I think I've found your problem

Okay, really no-one can post their own images without first uploading them to an image server. BBIAS, I'll find the thread.
    Here you go
    Last edited by gtadmin; 31-07-17 at 09:10 PM.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I think I've found your problem

Okay, really no-one can post their own images without first uploading them to an image server. BBIAS, I'll find the thread.
    Here you go
    Thanks GT. lol re the Mac thing. its like you're either a cat or dog person.
    I've heard of imgur. I'll see how that goes.
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Nevemind @Hithere, I'm a Mac user too. Putting that to one side, do you have anything that can run Tapatalk? e.g.., Smartphone or iPad? I just chuck photos onto my iPad using a wireless transfer app and them upload via Tapatalk. As someone's sig says (can't think who it is), *thumbs up* for Tapatalk for uploading and *thumbs down* for Tapatalk for anything else lol

Quote Originally Posted by hithere View Post
    Thanks GT. lol re the Mac thing. its like you're either a cat or dog person.
    I've heard of imgur. I'll see how that goes.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FXVaper View Post
    Nevemind @Hithere, I'm a Mac user too. Putting that to one side, do you have anything that can run Tapatalk? e.g.., Smartphone or iPad? I just chuck photos onto my iPad using a wireless transfer app and them upload via Tapatalk. As someone's sig says (can't think who it is), *thumbs up* for Tapatalk for uploading and *thumbs down* for Tapatalk for anything else lol
    Hi FX. I have an iphone 5s.(twice guilty). I think I can download Tapatalk. Haven't tried it yet. I sometimes upload my iphone photos onto my computer to adjust them on Preview or Photoshop. but I'll definitely give Tapatalk a go. Thx

AVF Regular
    Generally - upload image to an image host. Image host will provide you with some sharing links to the image you've uploaded, then you paste that link in your forums post.

If it's somewhere like Imgur, they will provide a series of different links for different purposes. You'll want the BBCode link (the one that starts with "[img]") to post on the forums. Copy that link, paste into post.

Imgur are a pretty decent image host... but that said I don't touch their "community" with a barge pole (it's a reddit offshoot *shudder*). I use them as a pic dump and that's it.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.