Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Postage from China and via Singpost

AVF Regular

Postage from China and via Singpost

Hi all.
    I ordered digital scales from a well known Chinese vendor on 18/06/17 with tracking, sent via Singpost registered Epacket & Auspost in destination country, Australia. Long story short, tracking had not updated since 28/6. Ticket to vendor sent 2 weeks later, I got the runaround. Lodged enquiry with Auspost. They were great, but no idea about item(s) whereabouts. They investigated, I received a phone call from Auspost yesterday morning stating that a large whole shipment had been sent back to various other Asian countries due to an illegal importation on a grand scale. Just thought I would share my knowledge in case anyone else was wondering where their goods not in transit were.
    steve.c, DogMan, iamtezr and 2 others like this.
    Proud owner of #4 Bastard file and various ecoutrements.

AVF Regular

Postage from China and via Singpost

Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Hi all.
    I ordered digital scales from a well known Chinese vendor on 18/06/17 with tracking, sent via Singpost registered Epacket & Auspost in destination country, Australia. Long story short, tracking had not updated since 28/6. Ticket to vendor sent 2 weeks later, I got the runaround. Lodged enquiry with Auspost. They were great, but no idea about item(s) whereabouts. They investigated, I received a phone call from Auspost yesterday morning stating that a large whole shipment had been sent back to various other Asian countries due to an illegal importation on a grand scale. Just thought I would share my knowledge in case anyone else was wondering where their goods not in transit were.
    No way you gotta be kidding me...
    I'm waiting on 4 parcels...maybe more and they sent via singpost. Oldest one being 1st July. Was being patience with the delivery. No wonder it has not updated from Dispatched to Destination to Arrival at destination like it usually does...

And all parcels are with 4 different sellers/vendors as well... looks like I'm gonna have some headaches coming my way...
    DogMan and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi all.
    Oh that's bad news. When I bought scales from FT I used the $2 Australian Expedited. It seems to cut down on the waiting time a lot. I've waited over six weeks for Singpost stuff - it seems to get the lowest priority all the way through.
    DogMan, DocM and jobics like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Oh that's bad news. When I bought scales from FT I used the $2 Australian Expedited. It seems to cut down on the waiting time a lot. I've waited over six weeks for Singpost stuff - it seems to get the lowest priority all the way through.
    I made a few expedited purchases. FT kept sending tickets the following day saying they miscalculated postage, so manually send the difference. Only 1, 2 and 3 bucks. But I've opted for epacket to avoid the piss farting around

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    mallee00 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    You must be psychic fab4. It's FT and they probably knew too! I know the waits are a pain when you neglect the postal upgrade. I thought I had time for the mixing gear, rtas' etc. to arrive as well. Wrong. I learnt to go the extra $ on freight from now on....
    emu likes this.
    Proud owner of #4 Bastard file and various ecoutrements.

AVF Regular
    Mine was from FT, efun, HC and eBay....this is gonna be fun....
    DogMan and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtezr View Post
    Mine was from FT, efun, HC and eBay....this is gonna be fun....
    A shortcut after the vendors time period of shipping tracking/stall would be Auspost if you're not satisfied with the vendors response. If it came by AP of course. FT told me it could be "60 days to 2 months for Singpost to investigate ". FT didn't lodge it according to AP!

AVF Regular
    Hi all.
    I have 2 packages in the same lot from 2 different places, efun and FT, this explains a lot.

Just a note about singpost

If you look at the inquiry page for lost/missing items page it says up to 60 days for the search so its not the chinese vendors giving you the run around.
    Last edited by captive; 06-08-17 at 01:53 AM.
    DocM and jedw757 like this.

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    A shortcut after the vendors time period of shipping tracking/stall would be Auspost if you're not satisfied with the vendors response. If it came by AP of course. FT told me it could be "60 days to 2 months for Singpost to investigate ". FT didn't lodge it according to AP!
    Don't know if Austpost would even do anything as it's not even on their system. And they don't deal with missing/lost parcels claims from buyers. Must be submitted by the seller. End result = case close with no parcel. I've had a parcel from the states that went missing and went through all kind of hoops to get them to investigate and tried to make a claim but was denied and was told only the seller can make the claim. Contacted the seller which I went through all kind of hoops as well for them to agree (get a formal letter from austpost stating that it's missing/lost) to submit the claim. Not sure if they end up doing it, kept chasing it up for some time, maybe 3-4months? Eventually gave up....case closed. No one could help and that was the end of it.
    Not sure if anyone has had success with claiming through Austpost before...
    DogMan and DocM like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast