Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Aromamizer Plus coil query

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    Hey trumpy, I've been interested in the Aromamizer for a little while. What isn't doing it for you mate?
    I don't seem to be able to find my happy place on them between too much and not enough wicking. But maybe I just need bigger coils and more looser packed wicks? I also find that I get better flavour out of my smaller deck rta's. I need to revisit this and see if I maybe just need to change my methods before I totally give up. But I can see me moving this one on soon too if I'm not getting the desired results. I do have an old school 30mm bft which I do like. But it's the only one I can get right 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Just built a dual kanthal 20 gauge 6 wrap deck. 0.17 ohm. Waiting a bit to see where the flavour sits compared to the dual claptons. Once my head clears from the first unprepared hit, I should have a better feel.

Thought I'd post the build, wicking and juicing. Video really shows how good the Fiber Freaks No.2 sucks up the juice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    trumpy955, gurishka and Danny76 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonski View Post
    Just built a dual kanthal 20 gauge 6 wrap deck. 0.17 ohm. Waiting a bit to see where the flavour sits compared to the dual claptons. Once my head clears from the first unprepared hit, I should have a better feel.

Thought I'd post the build, wicking and juicing. Video really shows how good the Fiber Freaks No.2 sucks up the juice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Fibre freaks hoovers up juice. It's the fastest wicking material I've ever used. Instant flavour too

gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've never come across it in stores.. Might have to look for some. I'm just using coil master pro cotton or kendo gold. I prefer the speed that the pro cotton wicks. But the kendo gold isn't bad and I've just wicked a goon clone with wicked cotton (i think it is) and it's not too bad.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    I've never come across it in stores.. Might have to look for some. I'm just using coil master pro cotton or kendo gold. I prefer the speed that the pro cotton wicks. But the kendo gold isn't bad and I've just wicked a goon clone with wicked cotton (i think it is) and it's not too bad.
    Grumpys have the fibre freaks. Kendo gold is good shit too tho

AVF Regular
    Looks like Grumpy don't stock it any more

AVF Regular
    Bummer

AVF Regular

Aromamizer Plus coil query

I came across it in New Caledonia and buy some each trip, but starting to run really low. No.1 is more like an aligned fibre weave and No.2 is a multi-directional mesh-like product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Blonski; 20-08-17 at 08:13 AM.
    trumpy955 and gurishka like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Guys, back with a follow-up review.

I since bought the 5ml adapter kit and got my hands on some 316 coils.

I'm finding TC a bit of a challenge. It doesn't seem to cut out as I would have expected and seems to keep heating up beyond my comfort. Any advice would be appreciated.

On watts mode, wow! The flavour is sensational in both single and double coils. So nice you don't have to change the deck for either build.

I have several genuine Squapes Reloaded and they don't get a look in. This unit ticks all my boxes and the following are a few key points:

- when changing your wick or coil, the natural twist direction initially spins the tank into a locked juice flow position. When you screw the tank back on it stays locked, meaning when you then refill, you don't flood the deck with the top cap off. Nice intuitive fail safe.
    - isn't so sensitive to wick volume that it leaks if you get it wrong.
    - tells you if you under-wick by spitting a bit.
    - flavour is stunning, even with a huge tip.
    - Bacon Cotton is my second favourite wick now
    - due to the size, refilling is easy with droppers and bottles

I had an earlier Aromamizer and found it hard work to get the airflow right. Even found myself with sticky tape and holes punched in it. This RDTA is a huge step forward.

Highly recommended for anyone who can handle the 30mm mount.

Enjoy!

Blonski

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonski View Post
    Hi Guys, back with a follow-up review.

I since bought the 5ml adapter kit and got my hands on some 316 coils.

I'm finding TC a bit of a challenge. It doesn't seem to cut out as I would have expected and seems to keep heating up beyond my comfort. Any advice would be appreciated.

On watts mode, wow! The flavour is sensational in both single and double coils. So nice you don't have to change the deck for either build.

I have several genuine Squapes Reloaded and they don't get a look in. This unit ticks all my boxes and the following are a few key points:

- when changing your wick or coil, the natural twist direction initially spins the tank into a locked juice flow position. When you screw the tank back on it stays locked, meaning when you then refill, you don't flood the deck with the top cap off. Nice intuitive fail safe.
    - isn't so sensitive to wick volume that it leaks if you get it wrong.
    - tells you if you under-wick by spitting a bit.
    - flavour is stunning, even with a huge tip.
    - Bacon Cotton is my second favourite wick now
    - due to the size, refilling is easy with droppers and bottles

I had an earlier Aromamizer and found it hard work to get the airflow right. Even found myself with sticky tape and holes punched in it. This RDTA is a huge step forward.

Highly recommended for anyone who can handle the 30mm mount.

Enjoy!

Blonski

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I'd love to see how you wick yours, I couldn't get mine quite right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast