Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Aromamizer Plus coil query

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    Cloud revolutions

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonski View Post
    I'm finding TC a bit of a challenge. It doesn't seem to cut out as I would have expected and seems to keep heating up beyond my comfort. Any advice would be appreciated
    Is this on the Yihi G class? As far as I know it should be able to do accurate TC.

Things that can trip you up:

The coil has to be cold when you set up the resistance for TC. If it's warm and reading high, the TC controller will try to push the resistance up that much higher

All the contacts have to be perfect. Mod to atty, atty to coils, all have to be perfect. Intermittent varations will really mess up TC. A difference of only 0.02 ohms is significant.

Double check you have right coil material set. If the coil material is different to what is set in the mod, it's not going to work.

Most mods will try to "fine tune" the baseline resistance. This can either fix a problem, or create one. What usually happens is that if the baseline resistance has been set to high, once the coil cools down the mod will see a lower resistance and may set the baseline resistance to the new reading. You can stop it doing this, usually by locking the reistance.

Coil design may affect how TC works. complex coils using mixed materials may be a problem. The lowest common denominator is of course a simple round wire build.

If you can't get a good TC experience it may be that the wire you are using still does not match the setting in the mod. The solution is usually to use TCR mode. SS 316 is usually around a TCR of 092 or 093, but I think Yihi do it a bit differently.

To test TC, I start at the lowest temperature which is usually 100C. No vapour should be produced at this temperature. Increasing the temperature gradually should start to give some small amount of vapour at around 180C (in my experience) which is about where the vaporisation temperature of PG starts. VG is higher. If all is well I usually find myself vaping at 210 or 215C. Don't be concerned if you are on a different number - it probably means that TC is not accurate the way you have the device or the coils set up. The most important thing is that it works consistently and never burns.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpy955 View Post
    I'd love to see how you wick yours, I couldn't get mine quite right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I find cutting the wick long enough that you can fold it back under itself before tucking it down into the port is ideal. Such that the tail of the wick is up against in the inside of the juice port so that the "flat" of the wick covers holes in the underside of the deck.

I find a thickness of wick through the coil that it firm enough that if you pull too fast it tears apart is ideal.

Have a crack and let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    trumpy955 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Is this on the Yihi G class? As far as I know it should be able to do accurate TC.

Things that can trip you up:

The coil has to be cold when you set up the resistance for TC. If it's warm and reading high, the TC controller will try to push the resistance up that much higher

All the contacts have to be perfect. Mod to atty, atty to coils, all have to be perfect. Intermittent varations will really mess up TC. A difference of only 0.02 ohms is significant.

Double check you have right coil material set. If the coil material is different to what is set in the mod, it's not going to work.

Most mods will try to "fine tune" the baseline resistance. This can either fix a problem, or create one. What usually happens is that if the baseline resistance has been set to high, once the coil cools down the mod will see a lower resistance and may set the baseline resistance to the new reading. You can stop it doing this, usually by locking the reistance.

Coil design may affect how TC works. complex coils using mixed materials may be a problem. The lowest common denominator is of course a simple round wire build.

If you can't get a good TC experience it may be that the wire you are using still does not match the setting in the mod. The solution is usually to use TCR mode. SS 316 is usually around a TCR of 092 or 093, but I think Yihi do it a bit differently.

To test TC, I start at the lowest temperature which is usually 100C. No vapour should be produced at this temperature. Increasing the temperature gradually should start to give some small amount of vapour at around 180C (in my experience) which is about where the vaporisation temperature of PG starts. VG is higher. If all is well I usually find myself vaping at 210 or 215C. Don't be concerned if you are on a different number - it probably means that TC is not accurate the way you have the device or the coils set up. The most important thing is that it works consistently and never burns.
    Ok, I didn't lock the resistance. I think that's the problem. Thanks mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonski View Post
    Ok, I didn't lock the resistance. I think that's the problem. Thanks mate.

Well you shouldn't *really* have to, but I find it gives more reliable results. For example if I'm on a long drive I find it's better to lock the resistance. The wild temperature variations the mod can go through sitting in the handle of the car door can play havoc with it, and if it goes wrong you can't fiddle with the mod while you are driving.

If you can manually change the baseline resistance and then lock it, that is also another way to fine tune the temperature control. If it's too hot, set the resistance a bit lower.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234