• 3 Post By fabricator4
  • 2 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 1 Post By staceman101
  • 2 Post By draziz

Thread: REMINDER: E-cigarettes and smoking cessation: Online survey

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

REMINDER: E-cigarettes and smoking cessation: Online survey

Dear all,
    At first, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to those who have already participated into the following survey. I need to have responses from more participants and the deadline for this survey is 31-August-2017. Would highly appreciate your support in your participation and referring your peer.
    Thanks.

Are you currently using e-cigarettes, or, have you previously used e-cigarettes?
    Do you have few minutes to share your smoking experiences?

We are looking for participants for the study, “Electronic cigarettes and smoking cessation: examining the smoking behaviours among the current users”. There has been conflicting evidence regarding the use of e-cigarettes and smoking cessation in literature and demands further studies. Therefore, this study aims to examine the smoking behaviours among the e-cigarette users and determine any relationship with smoking cessation practice.

It is a completely anonymous and voluntary online survey. It will not take more than 5 minutes to complete. If you are interested, please click this link to access the Participant Information Statement (PIS) and the Survey Questionnaire: https://latrobe.co1.qualtrics.com/jf...A1KZULjx8pnOpD

Much appreciated for your support.

Kind regards,
    Dr Aziz Rahman, MBBS, MPH, PhD
    Public Health Professional and Senior Lecturer
    Austin Clinical School of Nursing, La Trobe University
    T: +61 3 9496 2137, M: +61 4 1769 7453, E: m.rahman2@latrobe.edu.au

AVF Regular
    Corrected link for the survey page that works:

La Trobe University
    DocM, Wombats1 and draziz like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Hello Dr

Just skimming through some of your prior research on ecigs - Honestly some of it is quite fair

Just wondering tho- in terms of your research on smokless tobacco use in india - You talk about smokless tobacco use in india but dont really differentiate between use of betel nut ( a known carconegenic) and swedish snus which is a different kettle of fish and a known harm reduction product - further to reading this bit on smokeless tobacco - it is also hard to tell what kind of smokeless tobacco they are using with their betel use- some chewing tobacco for example is known to have issues - Indian snus is not up to food standards from everything I have read etc etc

So just wondering if this was an oversight at the time or if there was a reason

I just think that when talking about smokelss tobacco (as opposed to vaping/ ecigs) it pays to be clear about what is on the table

Otherwise - the vape stuff is not bad
    DocM and Wombats1 like this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Done

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    draziz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by draziz View Post
    Dear all,
    At first, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to those who have already participated into the following survey. I need to have responses from more participants and the deadline for this survey is 31-August-2017. Would highly appreciate your support in your participation and referring your peer.
    Thanks.

Are you currently using e-cigarettes, or, have you previously used e-cigarettes?
    Do you have few minutes to share your smoking experiences?

We are looking for participants for the study, “Electronic cigarettes and smoking cessation: examining the smoking behaviours among the current users”. There has been conflicting evidence regarding the use of e-cigarettes and smoking cessation in literature and demands further studies. Therefore, this study aims to examine the smoking behaviours among the e-cigarette users and determine any relationship with smoking cessation practice.

It is a completely anonymous and voluntary online survey. It will not take more than 5 minutes to complete. If you are interested, please click this link to access the Participant Information Statement (PIS) and the Survey Questionnaire: https://latrobe.co1.qualtrics.com/jf...A1KZULjx8pnOpD

Much appreciated for your support.

Kind regards,
    Dr Aziz Rahman, MBBS, MPH, PhD
    Public Health Professional and Senior Lecturer
    Austin Clinical School of Nursing, La Trobe University
    T: +61 3 9496 2137, M: +61 4 1769 7453, E: m.rahman2@latrobe.edu.au
    Thank you very much, appreciate your support

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Corrected link for the survey page that works:

La Trobe University
    Thank you very much, appreciate your support

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Hello Dr

Just skimming through some of your prior research on ecigs - Honestly some of it is quite fair

Just wondering tho- in terms of your research on smokless tobacco use in india - You talk about smokless tobacco use in india but dont really differentiate between use of betel nut ( a known carconegenic) and swedish snus which is a different kettle of fish and a known harm reduction product - further to reading this bit on smokeless tobacco - it is also hard to tell what kind of smokeless tobacco they are using with their betel use- some chewing tobacco for example is known to have issues - Indian snus is not up to food standards from everything I have read etc etc

So just wondering if this was an oversight at the time or if there was a reason

I just think that when talking about smokelss tobacco (as opposed to vaping/ ecigs) it pays to be clear about what is on the table

Otherwise - the vape stuff is not bad
    Hi,
    How wonderful it is that you have gone through my prior research on smokeless tobacco! Yes, that is interesting in the context of subcontinent, where there is no regulation on the contents of smokeless tobacco products unlike Snus in Sweden. You are right regarding the potential carcinogenicity of betel nut, which was not my topic of research though. My research on smokeless tobacco found no significant association with cardiovascular diseases and the association with cancers were well established.
    Thank you once again.
    Cheers.
    fabricator4 and rockmoose like this.

Dear all,
    As promised, I would like to share the findings of the survey that all of you kindly participated in 2017.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/pG35bNle1cxTV7Rg2
    Thanks.
    Aziz