I recently flew these routes:

Brisbane-Sydney.
    Sydney-Bangkok.
    Bangkok-Siem Reap.
    Ho Chi Mihn-Da Nang.
    Hanoi-Bangkok.
    Bangkok-Sydney.
    Sydney-Brisbane.

The most insane security was probably checking in for the Bangkok-Siem Reap flight, and possibly the domestic Ho Chi Mihn-Da Nang flight.

I had no troubles with my Cupti, SubVod and ToGo. I removed the battery from the Cupti and stored it in the proper battery case.

I think the S.E. Asian customs are more interested in drugs, and taking your alcohol off you so they can take it home and sell to their mates. The police are a different matter
    as they have more of an entrepreneurial work culture and essentially get paid a retainer.

Aussie security don't mind so long as your batteries are properly encased.

AVF Regular
    Don't take more than 2 spare batteries properly packaged.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Just got back yesterday from a two week cruise. Flew Melb to Syd and back with two mods, four 18650's, plenty of juice, several tanks and a Nitecore battery charger in my carry on and not a single person said a word. No issues anywhere.
    Sublime likes this.

AVF Regular
    Got back from holiday to Indonesia and Singapore carry my squonker and ego one.

No problem what so ever in the last screening. Put the mod and 2 battery in the carry cas. No one bat an eye lit.

It is not illegal to vape in Indonesia but it is in Singapore.

I see people vape everywhere no problem, but in saying that I am from Indonesia so I don't get targeted.

In Singapore I vape in airport smoking area but I do not do it outside, when I'm in Singapore I either do it in parking lot or some quite corner where not much people around.

I carry juice as well 3 of 60ml bottle in zip lock back. No problem

I leave my charger in the check in luggage

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I good friend of mine had an interesting experience 2 weeks ago at the Mascot domestic terminal.

She was waiting for a connecting flight and went outside for a vape.

When she came back through security, she was stopped and quizzed about her Joytech eGo AIO.

She was asked if the device had a metal coil that in it that heated up, and then was asked "can the device be made into a bomb".

As she is not a bomb expert she replied "I dont know, I just press the button and breath in the steam".

I would be interested whether the security guard was just joking or if they think vaping devices are now thought as being a security risk on flights.

She was let through with the eGo after the grilling.
    fabricator4 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12