Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree21Likes
  • 2 Post By trumpy955
  • 3 Post By steve.c
  • 3 Post By staceman101
  • 2 Post By steve.c
  • 3 Post By staceman101
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 3 Post By staceman101
  • 4 Post By Jax

Thread: Untappd but for ejuice -android juice review

  1. #1
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2

    Untappd but for ejuice -android juice review

    Hey all. I am new to the forums. Howdy, hello, G'day!

    So I have been vaping for just under a year. In that time I have tried and tested a wide array juices, mostly by buying based on manufacturer or description. This has bit me in the ass on a few occasions.

    So here's my question:

    Is there an app (similar to what Untappd is for beers) for ejuice? At current I have 3 lists. Buy big, never again, and top up for shipping. All lists are scribbled on paper or phone.

    Is there such a thing? If not, app developers have at it!

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Gladstone, QLD
    Posts
    1,574
    Not sure about apps , but you can go to vapeassist.com for the best prices


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    steve.c and DocM like this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,042
    You'd probably in the same boat with an app imo. The same reviews would be in there and probably misleading. Taste in juice is so subjective it's hard to say what your gonna like. We've all been stung by hyped crap juice.
    DocM, trumpy955 and staceman101 like this.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    441
    DIY for life, yo! Even if it bites you in the arse, it'll cost nothing compared to the disappointment of waiting for terrible, expensive juice

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    steve.c, trumpy955 and emu like this.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,042
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    DIY for life, yo! Even if it bites you in the arse, it'll cost nothing compared to the disappointment of waiting for terrible, expensive juice

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    True that bruv
    emu and staceman101 like this.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    True that bruv
    I love filling little plastic bottles with experiments

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    steve.c, trumpy955 and emu like this.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Hey all. I am new to the forums. Howdy, hello, G'day!

    So I have been vaping for just under a year. In that time I have tried and tested a wide array juices, mostly by buying based on manufacturer or description. This has bit me in the ass on a few occasions.

    So here's my question:

    Is there an app (similar to what Untappd is for beers) for ejuice? At current I have 3 lists. Buy big, never again, and top up for shipping. All lists are scribbled on paper or phone.

    Is there such a thing? If not, app developers have at it!
    Juice is different to beer in as much as people's individual experiences with it vary so much. We all vape different and have different tastes. It's not even like there are particular "styles" of juice that you can use to catagorise them. If you like IPA's you can look at IPA reviews and get some idea which ones you would like and are good. With juice, what do you look for? fruits/tobaccos/deserts I guess but there's no consistent style even between juices from the same manufacturer. The best you can do is realise which manufacturers use bags of sucralose sweetener and avoid those ones.

    Apart from that, it's suck-it-and-see...
    staceman101 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Juice is different to beer in as much as people's individual experiences with it vary so much. We all vape different and have different tastes. It's not even like there are particular "styles" of juice that you can use to catagorise them. If you like IPA's you can look at IPA reviews and get some idea which ones you would like and are good. With juice, what do you look for? fruits/tobaccos/deserts I guess but there's no consistent style even between juices from the same manufacturer. The best you can do is realise which manufacturers use bags of sucralose sweetener and avoid those ones.

    Apart from that, it's suck-it-and-see...
    As a craft beer lover, I'd have to disagree. There is a huge difference between brewers, and their following, when it comes to beer. One IPA will get reviews saying it had fruity notes etc, be rated very highly... and make me want to puke on first sip. Another, with the same reviews and ratings, will become something I can binge on for weeks.
    Taste is subjective regardless of what we're tasting... that is what makes us - and our experiences within this phenomenal universe - so very unique and precious.
    Just take a little bottle of juice called The Lonely Comet I scored from Seminewvaper a while back. Great reviews. He didn't like it. Me and a couple of vape buddies thought it lived up to the reviews... but a couple hated it.
    Same circle of friends with beer... some of us think Coopers can do no wrong. One in the group drinks VB (gross!), another drinks some Euro crap we all hate. We all sneer at each others preferences - in beer, eliquid, food, women etc.
    DIY... it's the only way to get something you're happy with consistently. Even premium juice... I've had my favourites over the past couple of years - and then you get that one bottle where they tweak something and ruin your life!!!

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    fabricator4, trumpy955 and Sublime like this.

  9. #9
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2
    Thanks all. Yeah forgot the difference in vaping style. Drip, tank, mtl etc... plus I suspect that time off the stinkies would be factor aswell. Haven't worked my way up to DIY but sounds as though I should give it a look in.

    Also "suck it and see" : best/worst life advice
    fabricator4, Sublime, emu and 1 others like this.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:26 AM.