Hey all

I am hearing so much stuff about vaping being illegal in Thailand.

For those who know more than me please correct me if I am incorrect however what I have heard is that vaping is not illegal, it is the possession of the mod that is (it was a legal loop hole that they got about). I will explain. The major tobacco company here are (and ironically named) is Thailand Tobacco Monopoly (yup its true and google it) and they are very sort after in the Government here (thus the cheaper prices of cigs here) and tried to stop vaping point blank. They could not as it was proved that it was better than smoking. So they went about to find the mods and defined it as a weapon. YES A WEAPON. So if caught vaping in places such as the streets of Sukhumvit of Bangkok or in Koh Samui you can apparently be fined/arrested (if bribe was not paid). I also hear that the mods get confiscated in Bangkok airport (again the weapon theory and also insert bribe to get your mod back too).

My point to this post is because I got in the taxi at Samui airport and the driver warned me of it and said only vape in my hotel (what a crock of crap). So I am testing the waters here. So far all seem relaxed. In Patong and Karon (in Phuket) there are a lot of vapours and it seems like it is accepted. Samui seems quiet but I have had no run-ins yet. I am worried at BK and will break my mods, attic and batteries down and split amongst my friends to lower suspicions. Also if travelling here bring plenty of juice and accessories if you have RDA etc as you can't buy it anywhere. I have found a few shops online but still it is so small. I can't wait for Malaysia next week, I hear the vaping scene there is huge.

More updates as time passes, but If I have any facts incorrect here please enlighten me as I don't know the truth as yet.

L