Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Cig craving out of the blue after 1 year+

AVF Regular
    I was asked to light one up for the wife as she was driving the car, it reinforced in me how blahhhh they are and got me thinking of how many and how much it was part of my life before giving cigs up for good. It was foul and how the hell did I enjoy the stench and everything that goes with it in the first place? Aside from the illusion of being "Cool".
    Just never again! I have had one day and, in an instant, something like a flashback of feeling like I wanted to light up, but it was only an instant, in coming up to 3 years without cigs and starting the vaper trail and that was it!.
    Last edited by DocM; 01-10-17 at 01:37 AM.
    Most metaphors do not bear up to close scrutiny

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by darth vaperz View Post
    Havent smoked a cig for over a year i guess. i cant even remember when i quit. its nearly 4am and im studying and all of a sudden i just had the worst craving for a cig? What gives?

i was pacing back and forth looking for something to eat, i grabbed a banana, ate it, came back into my office and i just said f i need a cig. im not going to smoke a cig, i dont have any, but if i did, i would smoke it. i find it odd after all this time without craving one. thats being around people smoking too.

IDK. maybe theres just not enough nic in this batch i mixed..

i wont go buy a pack tomorrow.. just expressing my feelings to an empty screen.. its late, no one else is up.

lata
    No, I get it. I've had that craving thing earlier this year. There's an unopened pouch of tobacco in my bedside table as well as filters and papers. It's gonna remain unopened though. I won't give in. It's already been sitting there for 13 months....
    DocM likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginar View Post
    Have to admit .... had the itch about 3 times over the last month and I scratched it. But, they tasted disgusting, so I don't know why I did it again, think it was just feeling the need for a quick hit ...god, that makes me sound like a junkie
    I gave in last christmas. Smoked 3 at a party. Was the first time I'd had a drink and got schnozzled since quitting. It did taste gross. Haven't done it again.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    when i quit.
    i had 1/2 pack of my old smokes sitting on the bookshelf, every day i would get out of bed and it would be one of the first things i see.
    The pull was strong, but those fkn things taunting me in the beginning just reinforced my resolve.

Ive never had a sudden urge cause in my mind if yesterdays hoof lasted all day while having that shit within reach, then today's hoof has no fkn excuse not to do the same or better
    gtadmin, fabricator4, DocM and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    what is your ADV?
    based on your recents posts none of them are resembles tobacco.

my secret to avoid falling off the wagon is to hang on to it
    hence my ADV is still tobacco based....even after 2 years or close to it.

i've never craved for a cigarette and still don't like second hand smell amongst smokers.

AVF Regular
    My near full pouch that was left behind, following my first ever toot, was snavelled by mrs moose. Being constantly surrounded by butts, smoke, smokers, and tobacco has no pull whatsoever. If anything I feel revulsion, but as time goes on, I just feel a general sense of apathy. And, as the iconic TISM stated 'I'm interested in apathy'. So, considering the OP, I am greatly intrigued as to whether I will ever feel this unexpected, and uninvited urge.

Coming up to only my first vaperversary, so many years ahead to find out.

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    DogMan, DocM and emu like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    I had a near full pouch of rollies the day i started vaping, had my last rollie on the way back from steamers (to pick up my first mod and tank), got home, mixed up some juice, never had another smoke.

Gave the pouch away 4 days later, got sick of looking at it like it was mocking me....gave the ashtray away too...and my lighter collection

Only had a momentary craving once when someone mentioned my achilles heel brand...Rothmans...never since

You literally couldnt pay me to have even a drag now...
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 20-10-17 at 08:34 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    I never have cravings for a cigarette now. Not ever.

The smoking rooms they set up indoors repulse me from the stink they carry, and I can pick the slightest hint of smoke coming from someone. The smell of a committed smoker, yuck.

I still have the 'just in case' pack of cigarettes when I first started vaping, unopened after 2 years.

That said, when I'm on the turps I do like the odd cigarette or three. They always taste like those first ones that got you hooked in the first place, and they're awesome but they have absolutely no pull on me at all. Kind of like alcohol for me now, I can have a beer or three and not touch one again for a year without missing it at all.

I'm not going to push the understanding by having any more than the odd one or two very occasionally when the circumstance permits but I don't 'think' I could possible get hooked again now. I might not think it, but I'm not going to test it either.

Yep, I'm odd.

Stu.
    DogMan, DocM and stylemessiah like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    If you want one have one.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    If you want one have one.
    Being proud of yourself if you don't is a great feeling of an achievement too.
    Most metaphors do not bear up to close scrutiny

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast