Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Cig craving out of the blue after 1 year+

  1. #21
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    1,111
    I've been really lucky. Well over 3 years without a cigarette. I've had my moments but I haven't had a serious craving for all of that time.
    When I first tried Vapeing I cheated a bit. 3 or 4 cigs a day for the first 6 weeks.

    Then I decided to give Vapeing a proper go. I would be a Vapor and nothing else.

    (I also burnt my bridges. I bought the top end stuff. No clones. That was part of the decision.)
    rodbam and ozman like this.
    Peter

    My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

  2. #22
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,739
    The OP hasn't posted since starting this. Wonder if s/he fell off the wagon?
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

  3. #23
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    262
    It's pretty normal to crave them once in a while even out of the blue, can be due to subtle triggers. Been vaping for 2 years and haven't bought a pack since the start of Feb but every few weeks the cravings hit HARD. Normally vape 3mg but an easy solution is chain vaping 18-24 till the thought of smoking turns your stomach...just me?

    Cracked back in july, my rta decided to piss juice and didn't have a bottle with me to refill and the cravings got the better of me. so Bummed a cig off someone, Smoked the whole thing and that was it. Went home, chain vaped and haven't had one since with no desire to.

    Anyway you quit you will still get the occasional cravings out of the blue the key is to just ignore it until it passes.




    Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    ozman likes this.

  4. #24
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    15
    Iím about 4 months now in 9mg or so.

    I go out twice a week with mates and clients to the same place, lots of beers and late night home.

    I usually have one or two in those nights and never anywhere else.

    Eventually or soon Iíll stop doing that but to be honest the experience isnít a good one, having a real one after Vaping tastes gross like having one when wearing a patch, the Nic is already in my system so the cig is gross.

    Not sure if anyone else gets the same?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ozman likes this.

  5. #25
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
    Iím about 4 months now in 9mg or so.

    I go out twice a week with mates and clients to the same place, lots of beers and late night home.

    I usually have one or two in those nights and never anywhere else.

    Eventually or soon Iíll stop doing that but to be honest the experience isnít a good one, having a real one after Vaping tastes gross like having one when wearing a patch, the Nic is already in my system so the cig is gross.

    Not sure if anyone else gets the same?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, I can't stand the smell any more. It's a sign you've made the psychological switch to vaping and your sub conscious is quite happy with that decision.

    Just vape instead of smoking if you don't really want one. If someone gives you are hard time about it, just tell them the truth - vaping has put you off smoking for life, you much prefer to vape.
    ozman likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  6. #26
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yep, I can't stand the smell any more. It's a sign you've made the psychological switch to vaping and your sub conscious is quite happy with that decision.

    Just vape instead of smoking if you don't really want one. If someone gives you are hard time about it, just tell them the truth - vaping has put you off smoking for life, you much prefer to vape.
    Yep not sure why I still have the occasional one st the pub, it could be the ten beers or situational habit.

    Iíve converted about 4-5 of the boys from the RSL already to Vaping though which is good and now a bunch of others sponge my vape all night


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fabricator4, Cat and ozman like this.

  7. #27
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    The OP hasn't posted since starting this. Wonder if s/he fell off the wagon?
    nah. i just dont come here much.. everytime i do i get a warning from my malware protection. apparently this site has been compromised from an external source (or its an internal matter that is dirty as f) and tries to redirect a hidden tab/window or something to coinhive.com to mine crypto for them.

    i havent had another craving since.. just that night.. i dont know why it came, but it did. i just ended up vaping more that night and all has been well since.
    Last edited by darth vaperz; 20-12-17 at 05:51 PM.
    DogMan, Hoofprint, AllyP and 3 others like this.

  8. #28
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Griffith, NSW
    Posts
    3,424
    Quote Originally Posted by darth vaperz View Post
    nah. i just dont come here much.. everytime i do i get a warning from my malware protection. apparently this site has been compromised from an external source (or its an internal matter that is dirty as f) and tries to redirect a hidden tab/window or something to coinhive.com to mine crypto for them.

    i havent had another craving since.. just that night.. i dont know why it came, but it did. i just ended up vaping more that night and all has been well since.
    No its internal, jato has sold his soul for a few measly pieces of imaginary money.

    depending on what type of browser you use, few plugins can stop those types of miners.
    Im testing Antiminer on chrome atm. works fine, if not a little slow loading infected pages.
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 20-12-17 at 06:08 PM.
    DogMan, rodbam and AllyP like this.

  9. #29
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,450
    I'm using Firefox browser & someone here put me onto a Firefox add on that stops all that funny stuff. It's called NoMiner from the add on & extensions at the Firefox web site.
    edit.... It was GT that put me onto NoMiner.
    Last edited by rodbam; 23-12-17 at 06:33 PM. Reason: I remembered something.
    Fatman likes this.

  10. #30
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Capricornia QLD
    Posts
    17
    I still get the odd craving, managed to get through the whole Christmas thing without lighting up. My pack and a half that I saved still sits on my desk right beside me, and every time I think about them I just vape more, working so far after almost two months. I just keep convincing myself that the vape is just as good for the whole mental challenge, it delivers my 12mg nic, so I don't need anything else. I think if I lit up again it would be game over for vaping, it would slide as a passing fad, then making and topping up juice and keeping the T20 charged would look like a chore. I think don't give up a good thing, take the win and feel (and smell) way better for it, and keep convincing one's-self of the fact. For those still lighting up occasionally, at least you can feel good cutting down, no biggie, but for me I think I'd relapse badly if I decided to have 'just one'.
    AllyP, rockmoose and Juzzo like this.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:25 AM.