Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Cig craving out of the blue after 1 year+

AVF Regular
    Your definitely an ex-smoker now, ozman. It might be time to treat yourself to a new mod with a bit more oomph, then you will really convince yourself that you will never smoke again.
    AllyP and ozman like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ozman View Post
    I still get the odd craving, managed to get through the whole Christmas thing without lighting up. My pack and a half that I saved still sits on my desk right beside me, and every time I think about them I just vape more, working so far after almost two months. I just keep convincing myself that the vape is just as good for the whole mental challenge, it delivers my 12mg nic, so I don't need anything else. I think if I lit up again it would be game over for vaping, it would slide as a passing fad, then making and topping up juice and keeping the T20 charged would look like a chore. I think don't give up a good thing, take the win and feel (and smell) way better for it, and keep convincing one's-self of the fact. For those still lighting up occasionally, at least you can feel good cutting down, no biggie, but for me I think I'd relapse badly if I decided to have 'just one'.
    Yes same here - I reckon one just one Rollie would send me over to the dark side - not worth the risk - I still love the smell of port royal or champion ruby but gosh tailor mades really stink but then - they always did.
    DocM, Danny76 and ozman like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    I'd love a rollie

Adore one

But vaping has spoiled me, so it'd need to somehow incorporate some nice rosewood or something
    AllyP, Danny76 and ozman like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    It's strange I have never been able to quit my about 40+ a day habit even though me & the missus have tried regularly over 50+ years of smoking. When approaching my 70th birthday with a terrible wheezing chest I found vaping & haven't had a smoke since & no cravings for one even though there are ciggies in the house because my wife still lightly smokes & lightly vapes. She pays $33 for a 25 pack of Alpine which she makes last about 5 days.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    If there were ciggys in the house, I would be tempted, but not if they were Alpine, lol.
    fabricator4, DogMan and Batfink like this.
    Total noob, but very interested in vaping and want to give up the cigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    No its internal, jato has sold his soul for a few measly pieces of imaginary money.

depending on what type of browser you use, few plugins can stop those types of miners.
    Im testing Antiminer on chrome atm. works fine, if not a little slow loading infected pages.
    ive added an antiminer so im not sure if this is doing the trick or the site is fixed... but i havent been here for a while..

still havent had another craving since that late night out of the blue craving... im actually to the point where cig smoke bothers me and i no longer like the smell.. idk how long ive been off the cigs.. coming up to two years soon.. well a few more months i think..

started exercising recently.. and what a difference it makes not smoking.. no cig pains.. breathing is easy as.. in the past i use to have to not smoke at least an hour before i worked out or id get that burn in my chest... i could probably vape while i did cardio to be honest. i vape up to the minute im ready to start stretching and all is well..

been on 12 mg for awhile now.. down from 24 then 18.. i may drop down to 6.. idk.. i dont see the point in dropping.. i go without if i dont feel like vaping.. in the beginning id vape all day..

i may look into mods where i can replace batteries.. been on the t22 starter kit nearly this whole time (replaced bs egos n ce3 or 4s.. i cant remember).. and added a t18 kit last aug.. while i like the clearomizers, i can see the battery performance dropping.. moreso in the t18.. pulled it off charge about 130 in the arvo and it just went red about 1040 pm.. which, is okay i guess.. it still works, but i use to be able to make it til 1-2 am before hitting red..

im not sure about the t22, seems okay still. the only thing is, i never know when its fully charged.. the green light will stay on instead of turning off after being fully charged. i still see t22 kits for sale but the t18s not as much.. i probably should stock up on coils since innokin is onto t20s etc.....

for the money, ive gotten great value out of those mtl devices.. i would still recommend them.. coils last a long time too.. there will be an odd one out of the buch that only lasts a week or two but im getting 3-4 weeks per coil and im still probably pulling them earlier than needed...... why do i keep... ... ... . .. . . . ..... ... . . .. . . . .. . .. . . side effect of vaping ppl..

it must be the reason the government is against vaping.. its has nothing to do with cig tax...

AVF Regular
    Perhaps look into getting one of the Pico kits, before they are all gone. Replaceable 18650 batteries, so the device isn't bricked when the interal battery flunks it. You can change the tank if/when you desire. You can keep using replaceable coils, or if you like get a rebuildable tank, make your own coils, and really take control of your vape.

sent from my masticated yam
    Convert and emu like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

i guess it happen to all of us.

i quit five year ago, and started again 1 year ago.

I smoked heavy for 30+ years, been vaping 2 yrs 4 months, during my first year i would sometimes out of the blue think to myself " where did i put my smokes" while instantly realizing that i no longer smoked anymore.I still have the occasional dream where i'm smoking and thinking to myself,"but you don't smoke anymore" and in my dream i wonder to myself why i'm doing it. I still get the rare odd craving when my mum or brother lights up near me, but i will never go back.
    When you quit you realize just how bad cigarettes really smell, i can notice/smell a smoker when they walk past me,even without them having a cig in hand, and can pick up the waft of a cig in the air from quite some distance away.
    Convert and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    I sat in a waiting room next to a smoker today... it was truly awful.. embarrasses me to think that I may have smelled even a little bit like that... ugh !

I have been vaping for about the same time Batfink... and its weird - but the other night I had a dream I was smoking.. but in the dream I thought oh NO - now I need to wash my hair and clean my teeth and change my clothes.. dammit !
    SubyXV likes this.

Because we love our Vegemite. We all adore our Vegemite. IT PUTS A ROSE IN EVERY CHEEK !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234