Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Cig craving out of the blue after 1 year+

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Cig craving out of the blue after 1 year+

Havent smoked a cig for over a year i guess. i cant even remember when i quit. its nearly 4am and im studying and all of a sudden i just had the worst craving for a cig? What gives?

i was pacing back and forth looking for something to eat, i grabbed a banana, ate it, came back into my office and i just said f i need a cig. im not going to smoke a cig, i dont have any, but if i did, i would smoke it. i find it odd after all this time without craving one. thats being around people smoking too.

IDK. maybe theres just not enough nic in this batch i mixed..

i wont go buy a pack tomorrow.. just expressing my feelings to an empty screen.. its late, no one else is up.

lata
    DocM, Anonymous and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    I made 3 years cold turkey.

Then started again.

Look into WTA
    DocM, AllyP and emu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    I used to get that. When I smoked everything was punctuated by having a smoke, waking up, having a coffee, pre-meeting, post-meeting, train nearly here, red light, everything. ABout 2 two years into vaping not smoking I dragged out my lathe and made some pens n stuff, finished one and stood back and found myself patting my pockets, nearly to the bruise self point, My muscle memory was so very going to light one up until I realised what my self directing arms n hands were doing. Now, nearly 6 years on I'm not finding many things that trigger it, but it had such a hold on me and my habits.

Ohhh, snow again.
    Fatman, DocM, ybnice and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by darth vaperz View Post
    Havent smoked a cig for over a year i guess. i cant even remember when i quit. its nearly 4am and im studying and all of a sudden i just had the worst craving for a cig? What gives?

i was pacing back and forth looking for something to eat, i grabbed a banana, ate it, came back into my office and i just said f i need a cig. im not going to smoke a cig, i dont have any, but if i did, i would smoke it. i find it odd after all this time without craving one. thats being around people smoking too.

IDK. maybe theres just not enough nic in this batch i mixed..

i wont go buy a pack tomorrow.. just expressing my feelings to an empty screen.. its late, no one else is up.

lata
    Yep, seems like you might found a "trigger".

I've found a little MTL vape with stupidly high nicotine is a big help. Stupidly high, like gives you a nic buzz, so high you can only take a few puffs every half hour or so.

It does pass though. For me it was nostalgia about the smell of tobacco, and rolling a smoke and so on. It would bring on a sharp pang of really needing a smoke. It was nothing like when I was smoking though... Easy to get over with a vape.
    DocM, emu and Juzzo like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Have to admit .... had the itch about 3 times over the last month and I scratched it. But, they tasted disgusting, so I don't know why I did it again, think it was just feeling the need for a quick hit ...god, that makes me sound like a junkie

2nd attempt ... Never give up, giving up. OMG I am going to be rich soon, look how much I have saved!

AVF Regular
    It happens. Those trigger moments are very strong.

I used to get colds, coughing fits and the flu when I smoked and smoking was the only thing that deadened the throat enough to stop coughing. One night after vaping for about a year I had a really bad cold and cough and was sitting at the kitchen table in the middle of the night. The craving was so strong I almost forgot I had quit. The answer was to slug 1/2 a bottle of cough mixture and sleep it off.
    DocM likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    A relative smoked for ages, then gave up cold turkey. Yet, 20 years on still gets a pang for a filthy.
    Ok I'll say it! After horizontal folk dancing was the big trigger, for me, the Mrs still smokes. And my goodness, I didn't want to be that reformed smoker, but, when she got back into the marital cot, the 'sexual coma, afterglow, dopamine' thing wasn't enough to get to sleep. They reek awfully bad! I can't stand Glen20 and the good wife would likely be offended if I gave her a spray upon return. And the genuine Chanel #5 from Hong Kong was on a par with Glen20.
    A misguided Ape with delusions of grandeur & a chop on its' head thought it was a Griller

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    A relative smoked for ages, then gave up cold turkey. Yet, 20 years on still gets a pang for a filthy.
    Ok I'll say it! After horizontal folk dancing was the big trigger, for me, the Mrs still smokes. And my goodness, I didn't want to be that reformed smoker, but, when she got back into the marital cot, the 'sexual coma, afterglow, dopamine' thing wasn't enough to get to sleep. They reek awfully bad! I can't stand Glen20 and the good wife would likely be offended if I gave her a spray upon return. And the genuine Chanel #5 from Hong Kong was on a par with Glen20.
    That's what's great about vaping in your 70s I've forgotten how to dance:-)
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    A few years ago - I went through a period of craving a ciggie - some Vaping friends suggested I have one and that would cure it but it seemed too risky because I loved many aspects of smoking - I haven't had a puff since I started Vaping and it seemed madness to test the Tiger.
    WTA ( Whole Tobacco Alkaloids) added to Juice really does make a difference and gives you that Ahhh moment when you have the first Vape and coffee of the day.
    Its not cheap but it goes a long way and I dont use it all the time but it is comforting to have it on hand.
    MrGruffy, DogMan and DocM like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    I had a craving about two weeks ago and I went downstairs for a vape with a girl I use to smoke with. I persuaded her to give me one puff of her smoke. I was so tempted to have another puff but when I smelt the smoke coming out of my nostrils I pretty much said nup that's disgusting. And although the nic hit was as good as I remembered it and it went straight to my head, I really couldn't stand the taste or smell. Lucky I only took one puff as for the rest of the afternoon I had a massive headache just from that one puff of her cigarette.

That pretty much set me straight from there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast