Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Vaping in W.A.

AVF Regular

Vaping in W.A.

Has anyone heard of a change in the laws in W.A.?
    A quick Google shows nothing, but I keep hearing of more and more of smoke marts etc selling vaping devices. Haven't had a look myself as I'd only expect to see junk at absorbent prices.
    Maybe they've found a loop hole in the regs?

This doesn't really affect me as I'm happy with online options for service, selection and prices, and whenever I recommend vaping to a smoker I show the online options available in the rest of aus.

Just curious if something has changed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    emu and Deadonarrival like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    There's at least 50 sellers on my Facebook group selling everything vape, most offer pick up option and list the suburb openly.
    I think it's more no fear than no laws and I reckon it would be big news if our local laws have changed so my guess would be nothing has officially changed.
    helixx and Deadonarrival like this.

AVF Regular
    You're right. If the laws changed its be big news. But I heard the local 'mart was selling devices. Might pop in for a look and see what's the go

emu
    AVF Regular
    Be interested in knowing what you discover helixx
    helixx likes this.

AVF Regular
    There was some raids not long ago on some of the mod sellers on the Facebook pages. So nothing has changed unfortunately. Also interested to see what you find out.
    helixx, Anonymous and emu like this.
    2/12/2016

AVF Regular
    Headed to Karratha on Monday. Will let you know

emu and Deadonarrival like this.

AVF Regular
    Well. Checked it out. They are only selling juice.
    Generic tobaconist stuff by the look of it too.
    The guy who told me they sold vaping devices was a smoker and he may have gotten confused by the plethora of fancy lighters

Last edited by helixx; 09-10-17 at 03:38 PM.
    Anonymous and Deadonarrival like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by helixx View Post
    Has anyone heard of a change in the laws in W.A.?
    A quick Google shows nothing, but I keep hearing of more and more of smoke marts etc selling vaping devices. Haven't had a look myself as I'd only expect to see junk at absorbent prices.
    Maybe they've found a loop hole in the regs?

This doesn't really affect me as I'm happy with online options for service, selection and prices, and whenever I recommend vaping to a smoker I show the online options available in the rest of aus.

Just curious if something has changed.

Hi helixx, smokemart are a tad funny when it comes to vaping as I found out tonight. If you go to their website they actually have a section on their you click and it takes you to their vape side of the business called Vape Square. On their vape square site is a lot of kits etc and they heavily promote and sell SMOK which is fine. But and I cannot stress this enough really look at the prices and then check with your normal small vendor, I think you will get a big surprise.
    rodbam and helixx like this.

I was in one of those Cloud 9 places in Perth back in August and they had everything but vaping hardware. They were also knowledgeable about the fact that it's illegal to sell that in WA. Wish we weren't such a nanny state.

I know some of the juice vendors in WA also sell battery chargers, batteries and a few have coils. I heard about all the raids, but really an open Facebook group where you advertise them for sale with photos and descriptions is asking to be raided.
    helixx, emu and Deadonarrival like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I was in one of those Cloud 9 places in Perth back in August and they had everything but vaping hardware. They were also knowledgeable about the fact that it's illegal to sell that in WA. Wish we weren't such a nanny state.

I know some of the juice vendors in WA also sell battery chargers, batteries and a few have coils. I heard about all the raids, but really an open Facebook group where you advertise them for sale with photos and descriptions is asking to be raided.
    I believe the people that got raided were also selling nicotine thus why they got raided. Afaik not illegal to sell here.. Correct me if I'm wrong though

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast