Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Vaping regulations | Sydney and Gold Coast

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    There's no policy of dob in a vapour that anyone has heard about even if Qld health has that on a web page. We all vape in public up here & obviously we take no notice of what Qld health say & so should you living 3000 miles away.
    I hear you...and can appreciate your well meant advice..the thing is as an outsider ..I'd rather play safe than sorry..and ive been off smoking for the better part of two years now and don't anticipate a relapse to smoking - being off nic for a few days..

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ankits1982 View Post
    Thanks for the help folks..

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    I'm not trolling here... whether you take 0mg or 20mg eliquid, nobody can tell the difference. Not unless they confiscate your eliquid and send it to a laboratory for analysis. You'd need to do something fairly wrong for them to do that.
    If you're very paranoid about that very minor risk, then by all means vape 0mg while you're in QLD... but I can assure you that many vapers on the streets of QLD have nicotine in their liquid.
    Perhaps google "arrests in QLD for nicotine eliquid"... you'll find it's a non issue.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    DocM and ankits1982 like this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah, it's one of those things that you're not "supposed to have" - but it's almost (unless you're running a shop, or importing 44 gallon drums of the stuff) unenforced.

The cops have more important things to worry about than a random vaper that isn't causing any trouble.

If you haven't vaped in Australia before - be prepared for weird confused looks, hateful looks (and sometimes nasty comments), a fair bit of "That's a filthy habit and it's worse for you than smoking", and lots of "hurr hurr... does that have pot in it? Deeeeeerp... does that have ice / meth / crack in it?" from the general public. Customs officers, cops, and the like generally know what's up with vaping - the public however are often woefully misinformed. The media over here has a strong anti-vaping bias and has spent the last few years scaremongering.

One more thing to be aware of - in QLD, AFAIK (QLD peeps please chime in if I'm wrong), Vaping IS covered by Smoke Free Area laws (which include some pretty stupid outdoor locations, and probably worth a look). In NSW, however, vaping is excluded from those laws.
    rodbam, DocM, staceman101 and 1 others like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    repeated post'
    Last edited by rodbam; 09-10-17 at 04:16 PM. Reason: getting old
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    Yes Fractal vaping comes under the smoke free laws up here so about 4meters from doorways & 50meters from the police:-)
    If I was worried like Antvid I would vape no nic in public & nic around the privacy of where you are staying.
    ankits1982 likes this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    One more thing to be aware of - in QLD, AFAIK (QLD peeps please chime in if I'm wrong), Vaping IS covered by Smoke Free Area laws (which include some pretty stupid outdoor locations, and probably worth a look).
    Yep, smoke free laws in Queensland mean you can't vape anywhere you can't smoke.

That includes covered carparks in public buildings like shopping centers.

Cars going by spewing out toxic fumes at the rate of 3000 liters per minute, but you can't have a vape. Vaping would probably reduce the poisons in the air if it came to it.
    DocM and ankits1982 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Same applies in Victoria, FYI.

fabricator4, DocM and ankits1982 like this.

AVF Regular
    bring what nic juice you like no one will care here

heck i was down in the smokers area where i did my aged care training and a cop drove by all they did was check my i.d (end of training day and i was having a sneaky bottle of cider) didnt give 2 craps about the vape even tho i had it and a big bottle of juice right beside me.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Same applies in Victoria, FYI.

I am still waiting for my first $1500 fine for "smoking" in a "designated food area" while walking along the street seeing as I cant go 50 meters without passing a cafe with outside tables
    DocM and staceman101 like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    If you possess liquid nicotine anywhere in Oz you are breaking the law and therefore a criminal, end of story.
    Sublime, rockmoose and staceman101 like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast