Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Fasttech to Aussie dollars

AVF Regular

Fasttech to Aussie dollars

After I reinstalled my system the prices at Fasttech are in $us. I have looked through my Fasttech preferences but I can't find how to change it to $au. Can anyone help an old bloke out? Thanking youse.
    DocM and ybnice like this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    I dont think you can, I have not found it. Only way I do it is with an online conversion which is simple. I always use PayPal and it converts there to AU.
    ""Tootle Puffer" on Starter Kits.

AVF Regular
    Open an item. Below price will be usd next to a drop down menu or similar. Once you set that, it should list their inaccurate aud conversion.

On phone now. Just going by memory. And I don't think it affects browsing items, only once you view the item if that makes sense
    steve.c likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Under the priice there is a desplay currency drop down box. the actual charge may be slightly different based on the USD amount that goes through paypal but its close

snap
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Right hand side of page below price, my page gives a "change display currency"
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    Here's where I find it on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    steve.c, rodbam and rockmoose like this.

AVF Regular
    Their conversation is crap anyway. It's about $5-$10 out ime. Unless they've updated it.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Under the priice there is a desplay currency drop down box. the actual charge may be slightly different based on the USD amount that goes through paypal but its close

snap
    What XX wrote if you're using a pc, but, apps on one of those phone thingies may be different by the looks. I can't see them anyway without longer arms or binoculars Rodbam. Also, the PP conversion rate is always different to the actual exchange rate.
    Last edited by DocM; 20-10-17 at 05:16 PM.
    I asked my Mum one day "Where do babies come from?" She said "A dog bite son." I found out later, I had a Cynophobic childhood. She thought I'd said Rabies.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Ah thanks everyone & Sublime for making it a no brainer for me:-) It doesn't really matter how accurate they are because the Paypal conversion is always about 3c less than the actual rate but it does give a ball park amount.
    Last edited by rodbam; 20-10-17 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added text
    DocM and Sublime like this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    I don't think the currency "conversion" issue can be fixed (with regards to accuracy). Fasttech is probably just using the straight market rate, whereas Paypal and / or your bank will actually be giving you an exchange rate worse than the base market rate in order to make some profit out of it for themselves. That's how they work.

So yeah - seeing as Paypal and every card company gives you a slightly (or in Paypal's case - vastly) different exchange rate, it's a bit impossible for any vendor to display 100% accurate currency converted prices for everyone.

Protip : Paypal's exchange rate is usually so crap, you can often get a better deal on big purchases by having Paypal bill you the foreign currency, and being charged your bank's exchange rate instead.

For example - The rate you might see on TV or exchange websites might be 1 AUD = 0.78 USD (One Australian dollar = 78 US cents). That's the base market rate. At the same time, your bank / card company's exchange rate could be 1 AUD = 0.76 USD, and Paypal's rate could be 1 AUD = 0.73 USD.

Not a huge deal if you're buying $10 of replacement tank glass and drip tips from Fasttech... but it becomes a big deal if you're going in for $300 of DNA mod or something.
    Last edited by Fractal; 21-10-17 at 10:58 AM.
    btobw and rodbam like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast