• 1 Post By stylemessiah
  • 5 Post By rodbam
  • 1 Post By Synergy Blaize
  • 1 Post By Synergy Blaize

Thread: "Semi-Newbie" Question regarding purchasing next Vaping Gear

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

"Semi-Newbie" Question regarding purchasing next Vaping Gear

Hi Aussie Vapors Brain Trust...

About 3 years ago I planned to quit the ciggies, so imported my Vapers from US.
    They are "itaste vv with Anyvape Peakomizers & got a supply of nicotine juice"

I finally quit smoking 4 months ago & dragged out my "gear".
    Apart from having to replace the coils/atomizers each week, they have been OK & I have not gone back to the smokes.

EXCEPT..... The battery Life is rather woeful.

I would like to find some new Vaping Gear.
    But You folks talk about stuff, that is waaaay over, my level of comprehension.

Looking for suggestions as to what I should buy next, that hopefully has better battery life.
    I will stick with getting my Nicotine Juice from the US.

Hoping you can point me in the right direction.

Thank you in anticipation....
    Syn

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Synergy Blaize View Post
    Hi Aussie Vapors Brain Trust...

About 3 years ago I planned to quit the ciggies, so imported my Vapers from US.
    They are "itaste vv with Anyvape Peakomizers & got a supply of nicotine juice"

I finally quit smoking 4 months ago & dragged out my "gear".
    Apart from having to replace the coils/atomizers each week, they have been OK & I have not gone back to the smokes.

EXCEPT..... The battery Life is rather woeful.

I would like to find some new Vaping Gear.
    But You folks talk about stuff, that is waaaay over, my level of comprehension.

Looking for suggestions as to what I should buy next, that hopefully has better battery life.
    I will stick with getting my Nicotine Juice from the US.

Hoping you can point me in the right direction.

Thank you in anticipation....
    Syn
    Look at the eleaf Pico. Sorry I'm on my phone, so can't link sites. They are available as a kit with the melo III, or as a mod in which case you will need to get an atomiser to sit on top. There are different models, but I would suggest the 75w TC. This requires a removeable 18650 battery. Onboard charging with these units is excellent, but you will want to get a good battery charger in the near future.

At war with technology.
    Danny76 likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

If battery life is a primary concern, I'd recommend a Reuleaux. I have two Gen 1 and two Gen 2 and have not had any problems with them. They take three 18650 batteries, so quite good battery life. I vape at 40 watts and have to recharge every 2-3 days. I also vape a lot 30-50ml/day, so the Reuleaux has me covered there. It is a bulky unit, but fits in hand surprisingly well. Not sure how it would be for people with small hands though.

I can't really speak on the Gen 3 as I have not used it yet, but have two coming in the mail. Gen 3 is supposedly smaller in size, but offers higher wattage, but still supports tripple 18650 cells.

I guess the main drawback to the Reauleaux is that you will need a higher-end charger, preferably one that can accommodate 6 cells. Oh yes, and a lot of batteries!

Gen 3: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/...-Kit-300W.html
    Last edited by The Neophyte King; 11-11-17 at 08:42 AM.

AVF Regular
    There's definitely better gear than your current, which is getting "old" by today's standards. Basically anything even with a standard replaceable 18650 battery is going to get you 3 times the 880mah of the VV, at 2500mah. So while you could go a multi 18650 mod, even a single is a huge improvement. I'm a fan of the Samsung 30Q 18650 (they're pink), it's one of the best, and gives you 3000mah, and the way I vape, once an hour or so, that's 2 days between charges. With an external charger and a few 18650 batteries your vape life would be much easier. Or f you don't want the external battery charger and battery swapping life, there's mods with non replaceable batteries with some having around 5000mah on tap at the high end of capacity. Pick which sounds best, non replaceable or replaceable and the folks will suggest things

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Fatman likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    A friend of mine has just bought the Aspire Zelos Nautilus 2 Kit - 50W - 2500mAh internal Lipo Battery & it seems perfect for a new vapour. The Nautilus coils it uses are about the best you can use for moderate vaping. Aspire Zelos 50W Nautilus 2 Kit | VapeKing

PS. You can buy you nicotine ejuice from NZ. Vapoureyes NZ has a good range.
    Last edited by rodbam; 11-11-17 at 11:09 AM. Reason: added text
    gtadmin, Fatman, Tara and 2 others like this.
    Regards
    Rod

Thank you Rod
    stylemessiah likes this.

Thank You stylemessiah, The Neophyte King, & rockmoose!
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    There is also the new Eleaf iKuun's with builtin batteries. Both are long life. One is 3000mAh and the other 4600mAh. You can buy them
    on their own or in kits with the Melo 4.

This site has them at a reasonable price. BTW thats US dollars and the stuff comes from China so factor all that in if you're interested.....

https://www.efun.top/catalogsearch/r...&q=eleaf+ikuun

There are actually a lot of new mods that have come out with really long life built in batteries. You can actually just type in the capacity you
    want in the search bar on that site and it will bring up all the devices that fit the criteria ie 5000mAh, 4600mAh or 3000mAh etc. Even if you
    don't plan on shopping there, you can still see whats available