Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Room full of Sugar ?

AVF Regular
    It's VG, mostly. Various suggestions for cleaning include soap and water, vinegar, alcohol, and windex. They all seem to work, because they are all wetting agents (break ionic bonds/surface tension)

Some people have more trouble than others. Ventilation may help. The type of juice may help or make it worse. People who DIY seem to have less trouble so maybe there's a contributing factor like the use of sucralose or something else in commercial liquids?

Some people report cleaning it off glass (car windows) is difficult, and a (US) vape company had a cleaning solution that was supposed to get rid of it and make the frequency of cleaning much less. I don't know what was in it, and I never saw the point.

I've come across comments about witchhazel being recommended for this instead of the vape shop product.

I'd consider everything getting coated in a manky film a fairly serious and annoying issue, but it just doesn't seem to happen with my DIY 50/50, with restricted DL. I get through 5ml a day, so reasonably intense but not over the top.
    The Neophyte King likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It's VG, mostly. Various suggestions for cleaning include soap and water, vinegar, alcohol, and windex. They all seem to work, because they are all wetting agents (break ionic bonds/surface tension)

Some people have more trouble than others. Ventilation may help. The type of juice may help or make it worse. People who DIY seem to have less trouble so maybe there's a contributing factor like the use of sucralose or something else in commercial liquids?

Some people report cleaning it off glass (car windows) is difficult, and a (US) vape company had a cleaning solution that was supposed to get rid of it and make the frequency of cleaning much less. I don't know what was in it, and I never saw the point.

I've come across comments about witchhazel being recommended for this instead of the vape shop product.

I'd consider everything getting coated in a manky film a fairly serious and annoying issue, but it just doesn't seem to happen with my DIY 50/50, with restricted DL. I get through 5ml a day, so reasonably intense but not over the top.
    Good post. Perhaps my OP wasn't so well articulated, but I wasn't all that concerned about the cleaning of it, but more interested to learn what it actually is as a substance. And wanted to know if this was a common thing. So I appreciate you going into some detail there.

This room has seen roughly 3 years of 30-50ml/day vaping, so I might not be far off to say it's more relative to volume than liquid composition. But true enough, I have been vaping mostly commercial e-liquid, having only migrated to DIY in the last year or so. Still a fairly inconclusive assumption on my part.

I have cleaned the windows and mirror several times, And you are right, it's a very stubborn substance.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Wow 30/50 ml a day. Thats nuts. I think you have hit the nail on the head as in its the volume of vapor that is creating slime. I do just under 10ml a day and have not seen any of this slime on my windows.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    I use windex on the car windows and it works fine.

Just a word of warning to make sure you clean your windscreen regularly if you see a vapour film building up as it can be a serious hazard. I was driving on a country road towards the setting sun and when I hit the crest of the hill the sunlight hitting the windscreens refracted off the film and totally obscured any vision......scared the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Wow 30/50 ml a day. Thats nuts. I think you have hit the nail on the head as in its the volume of vapor that is creating slime. I do just under 10ml a day and have not seen any of this slime on my windows.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think my body would make a perfect case-study for the effects of Vaping actually. I've always been known as Iron-lungs in my Herb smoking days, I guess that has transcended into my vaping habits. The only ill effects I have noticed is slight mucus in lungs early morning. After I hock one loogey, I'm good for the day. Much better than coughing up blood which I got from smoking.
    Last edited by The Neophyte King; 12-11-17 at 09:38 AM.
    fabricator4, Danny76 and Sublime like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cpvaps View Post
    I use windex on the car windows and it works fine.

Just a word of warning to make sure you clean your windscreen regularly if you see a vapour film building up as it can be a serious hazard. I was driving on a country road towards the setting sun and when I hit the crest of the hill the sunlight hitting the windscreens refracted off the film and totally obscured any vision......scared the shit out of me.
    Damn, good point! I only ride motorcycles so I'm safe on that one. But that's a very good point to make!
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Vinegar and newspaper work a treat for removal VG/PG film on glass surfaces
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    Vinegar and newspaper work a treat for removal VG/PG film on glass surfaces
    Wow, another use for Vinegar! So when it's not unclogging my drains or flavoring my chips, it's cleaning my windows/mirrors. I have just decided that I really like Vinegar. Thanks!
    Crisscross, btobw, AllyP and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Neophyte King View Post
    Wow, another use for Vinegar! So when it's not unclogging my drains or flavoring my chips, it's cleaning my windows/mirrors. I have just decided that I really like Vinegar. Thanks!
    Vinegar is also great for the laundry. Add it to your washing machine instead of fabric softener, it does the same job, removes smells from clothes, and helps remove soap buildup from inside your washing machine!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    gtadmin, AllyP and emu like this.

Super Moderator
    AllyP likes this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast