• 1 Post By ozman
  • 1 Post By ozman
  • 2 Post By Juzzo
  • 3 Post By CrayZeeOne
  • 2 Post By ozman

Thread: Experience with the Endura T20

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Experience with the Endura T20

This is a short update after watching all the reviews and reading forum entries about this device. I have two of these units, the first of which I used for a couple of weeks, then started using the second for a few weeks since (because I like the black better than the silver). Both are 1500maH, and from the youtube reviews I see that it "might make it almost through a day" charge-wise. Well, my observation is that the unit has never shown anything but green when activating, even after just being on a cruise where I'm going hard on this unit all day. It just keeps going and going, and I charge it overnight. The tank is smallish, but with a 30ml bottle in my pocket I refill maybe twice in a day going hard. There has also been no sign of coil failure, I'm puffing on flavourless which helps from my research. As a smoker of 27 years this thing has been working great, I may upgrade at some stage, but the unit has at least been a great starter that has not left me with a non-functioning device, and even the little 1.5ml tank has worked very well with refilling. Highly recommended for a transitioning smoker.

After using this on the cruise there have been a number of people who have tweaked to the idea and I think some may go home and order some gear and commit to ending their commitment to the stinkies. Everyone was curious, particularly in the higher age groups. They were a really nice bunch which is a positive sitting in the smoking area, the only negative is having to cop 2nd hand smoke the whole time which I don't blame my shipmates for, it's just the 'rules'. The cruise has given me more confidence in using the device, I care less about the 'social stigma' about using it, cities may not see that as much but I'm from more of a small-town area. I also found myself bounding up and down stairs which would have winded me much easier previously.
    giruvian, rodbam, Danny76 and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Thats great news Oz that you have found a device that works well for you & It's also good that you are not on the expensive merry go round of vaping flavours although the flavours are what keeps some vapours off the smokes.
    ozman likes this.

Yeah I don't necessarily disagree with the flavours, it's up to the individual. For me it's the silly things like my father (avid non-smoker and avid non-drinker by the way) who could smell my unit walking into their home with tobacco flavour - I like to ride under the radar, most of us don't have to worry about it thankfully. He doesn't smell my non-flavoured unit entering the house, one less argument to have . Likewise with work-mates, nobody knows I was a smoker (because I never lit up before or during work), but I can vape like hell in the car on the way in, and maybe at lunchtime in the car again. They're very anti smoking, and would see vape as being just as evil, poor uneducated souls.
    rodbam likes this.

There's something I should add here, something important. I read reports of liquid coming up through the unit which is pretty bad. While veterans may be fully aware, newbies should know, if you try to vape from the very end of the unit for some reason the liquid travels up making for a really unpleasant vape (sometimes). On the T20, you place your mouth fully over the mouthpiece, and the liquid never travels up, it's vape only (not sure why). Just a newbie thing that might help someone, it was very off-putting when I started.
    rodbam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ozman View Post
    There's something I should add here, something important. I read reports of liquid coming up through the unit which is pretty bad. While veterans may be fully aware, newbies should know, if you try to vape from the very end of the unit for some reason the liquid travels up making for a really unpleasant vape (sometimes). On the T20, you place your mouth fully over the mouthpiece, and the liquid never travels up, it's vape only (not sure why). Just a newbie thing that might help someone, it was very off-putting when I started.
    Well done Oz on taking up vaping and not smoking. I'm in the same boat as you, long time smoker now vaping (only flavourless) since September.
    I have the Vaporesso Drizzle starter kit and has been exceptional. I bought a second unit but unfortunately the top fill cap was very stiff and I broke it trying to loosen with pliers. Am now saving for a Provari and/or Dicodes.
    Good luck!
    rodbam and ozman like this.
    Total noob, but very interested in vaping and want to give up the cigs.

Good stuff ozman!

I have been off the cigs since June and loving it.

I have 2 of the T20s, they are great carry arounds
    I have all sorts of mods for sub-ohming but I constantly use the T20s as an all day or traveller.
    I have even just donated 2 of these to a mate recently to help him get off the cigs. He was sold a sub-ohm by a tobacconist and was having all sorts of trouble with it being a noob. The T20s just worked for him right off the bat.
    I have had very little trouble with flooding or dry hits. Only if making juices too thin or thick. I am finding 40/60vg 45/55vg working well with 6ml nic.
    The only neg I have would be a slightly bigger tank. But it's a minor.
    Enjoy the vaping!
    rodbam, Juzzo and ozman like this.

@Juzzo, well at least having one working unit is the important thing, I'll take a look at those units you mentioned.

@CrayZeeOne, I did read about the sub-mod trap for newbies, it doesn't sound like the right introduction, the T20 really is a no-brainer, except as I mentioned, the flooding if you try to puff of the very end of the thing that I was getting consistently after about 2 days (as mentioned, gone now when you puff on the thing properly). A bigger tank is something I'm ready for I think as I'm refilling more often, and maybe a bit more vape per puff, I'm nearly breathing this thing sometimes now. I dunno, maybe 12mg was a little light for me to start on coming from winnie blues. My mix is 30/70 VG factoring for nic @ 12mg, it does taste a little gummy. I use a nifty (and cheap) AWS-100 scale that can pretty much measure breathing.

edit, and well done on recently making the switch, we're in similar situations here
    Last edited by ozman; 17-12-17 at 09:06 PM.
    Juzzo and CrayZeeOne like this.