Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Why do ecig products lose value so quickly these days?

lmb
    AVF Regular
    I think it depends on what you're buying, mass-produced Chinese crap is still largely crap, whether it's sold for $1.50 or $150. Almost all of my devices, both mods and atties, have held their value or only reduced by about 10-20%.

Probably a similar analogy with cars, these days they lose value by the minute, but the best items out there not only hold their value but increase over time. It may sound wanky, but you generally get what you pay for. If you're buying something well designed, well constructed and limited in production it will likely hold it's value. If you're buying something off a production line then it's seen as disposable and second hand prices will fall away.
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    I think #fatman explained it well Vapers these days want the latest hot product so used products loose their value quickly.
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lmb View Post
    I think it depends on what you're buying, mass-produced Chinese crap is still largely crap, whether it's sold for $1.50 or $150. Almost all of my devices, both mods and atties, have held their value or only reduced by about 10-20%.

Probably a similar analogy with cars, these days they lose value by the minute, but the best items out there not only hold their value but increase over time. It may sound wanky, but you generally get what you pay for. If you're buying something well designed, well constructed and limited in production it will likely hold it's value. If you're buying something off a production line then it's seen as disposable and second hand prices will fall away.
    You might be right Lmb but to call all mass produced gear crap is a real overreach. The mass produced Chinese mods I have bought have mostly been fit for purpose & a few have been a joy to own. The worth of my mods holds no interest to me & when I feel I have too many sitting unused I can sell them very cheaply or give them away.
    I can see that high end expensive mods will have good resale value among other vapours but I can't see them being of any interest in the general collectors market.
    The worthwhile cars you seem to be talking about must be hand made cars because the quality cars like Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar etc lose vast amounts of money over time.
    steve.c and Tara like this.
    Regards
    Rod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12