Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Why do ecig products lose value so quickly these days?

AVF Regular

Why do ecig products lose value so quickly these days?

Ive seen on several classifieds (not just AVF) products that can't be more than 6 months old (due to their release date) worth between $80 and $150 being sold for less than $30.

Im just curious as to why these products lose value so quickly these days?

This wasnt always the case. I recall devices like the MVP2 selling for just $15 less than retail price on the classifieds 6 months after it first came out.

I can list a few logical reasons myself regarding supply/demand.

One reason I'm depressed to think about is that vaping has actually hit its peak, the number of new comers has plateaued or slowed to a trickle, so there's no more 'experimenters' willing to try out different devices.

Or perhaps the recent vape culture has changed from the old days, whereby most new vapers will stick to a single device, and never really join the chase for the better vape.

Wondering if there's another perspective.

AVF Regular
    I think its a problem of the churn out of new models every week

Unless you have high class high value you can get the latest and greatest brand new after 3 months for about 50% of original prices for example I have a Sbody DNA133 mod coming for less than 1/2 what the dna200 chip in it costs
    steve.c, act180 and Sublime like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    I think its a problem of the churn out of new models every week

Unless you have high class high value you can get the latest and greatest brand new after 3 months for about 50% of original prices for example I have a Sbody DNA133 mod coming for less than 1/2 what the dna200 chip in it costs
    My sentiments exzachary

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Vaping follows the same trend as computing technology. You can drop 2-5k on a rig and 6 months later its not worth the cost to post it.
    New innovation, Cheaper production costs, peoples perception on the product affect the price. Until the market stabilizes and generational leaps slows, your better off just buying cheap stuff.

but thats just me, never saw the point in spending $100 on a copper tube dipped in paint, when a $20 istick can do it better.
    steve.c, Sublime and Schtoo like this.

Super Moderator
    There IS supply and demand of course ,, and vaping for many is all about the next big thing !!!

But there is also the time honoured tradition that AVF vapers help each other out and share the love ... we have always been known for looking after our little community , that extends to passing on gear as well .

There is also the aspect that most stuff coming out of China is priced disposably these days .... when you waited 6 months on a list for something precious that was hand made and cost you your left kidney, of course you wanted a return ... but now its $30 to Fast-tech , use it for a week then get something else
    Once you waited 6 months for an evolution in vaping ... now its 6 minutes inbetween advertised "wow! factors "

Its no longer a give up the smoking tool , but instead has gone full blown commercial disposable in nature

( of course there are still some old school genuine makers , but they are swamped by the buy me now brigade )
    giruvian, gtadmin, steve.c and 8 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Gimmicks, its all about gimmicks, disco lights on a mod, WTF
    Fatman and DocM like this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post
    Gimmicks, its all about gimmicks, disco lights on a mod, WTF
    I like my disco lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keeps the boogyman away at night
    steve.c and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    I like my disco lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keeps the boogyman away at night
    I rest my case, bloody Victorian. LOL
    steve.c and captive like this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    On the other hand some of the old high quality mechs must be holding their value. Can't seem to buy a Golden Greek for love nor money these days. I think some of the old stuff will have a very high collector value in the future, kind of like old snuff boxes have skyrocketed in value these days. I'd pay a pretty penny for a Screwdriver.

But the newer stuff - meh, it's mass produced, cheaply made, gimmicky and gadgety. Most of it's destined to be land fill eventually. Shiny shiny landfill.
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post
    I rest my case, bloody Victorian. LOL
    https://youtu.be/3x0UV1X1SlQ

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    steve.c likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast