Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Grahams Cellucotton (Rayon - 44130)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Cotton is an accumulator of liquid, rayon is a transporter of liquid. For my vertically coiled squonk atties, I use cotton, for everything else I use rayon It may well be for good draining squonk atties, you'll need to keep using cotton to provide an accumulator of juice ...
    So are you saying for squonking mix the rayon with cotton.?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Not necessarily Danny, I have seen but not tried hybrid wicks. Anything that has a reservoir of juice I'd use rayon, no reservoir cotton.
    Danny76 likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Emu. I can’t cope with the taste of cotton (tastes like wet old socks smell) so GT convinced me to try rayon. It was such an eye opener and I never looked back. There are other forms like the other threads mention but I started with the grahams and just stuck with it. I rebuild all my aspire BVC coils....... I never get a dry hit and you know you are getting close to a tank refill when it just tastes a bit dry.

I don’t think rayon is for everyone but it is for me and I never bought another coil after the box arrived. Saved a fortune
    I'm looking forward to trying it XX, for under $20 aud delivered it's worth a try.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I'm looking forward to trying it XX, for under $20 aud delivered it's worth a try.

Its interesting I occasionally shop from Amazon US and it seemed as though everything I have as a fav no longer shipped to us. Quite a disappointment as the aussie one does not stock all the art supplies I would normally buy. I suspected geoblocking so when I got this as an alert I was surprised. Amazon deliveries seem to take just over a couple of weeks to me and you can track through your amazon order list.
    emu likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Its interesting I occasionally shop from Amazon US and it seemed as though everything I have as a fav no longer shipped to us. Quite a disappointment as the aussie one does not stock all the art supplies I would normally buy. I suspected geoblocking so when I got this as an alert I was surprised. Amazon deliveries seem to take just over a couple of weeks to me and you can track through your amazon order list.
    Yes they said 9 to 12 days when I selected the shipping method, been checking out a bit of info about rayon, hopefully it's not bleached lol

AVF Regular
    Thanks Chris.. ya know someone had said how great Amazon Aus was now open we could get this.. but I looked n looked and nup - so I had it on my Amazon US wishlist !

This stuff wicks fantastically - and for heavy VG juice thats a bonus in cold Vic in winter ! At first I was a bit worried about using it in the Sirens.. cos unlike cotton which expands to fill the juice channels - this stuff shrinks.. so my first efforts I made an inner core of Cotton Bacon inside a rayon wick - and it worked a treat - no leaks.. and then I got braver.. and using this alone - works really well - unflavoured or just lightly flavoured and this - last a long long long time !

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Danny, Chris shared some of her stash with me, so I can share some of my stash with you - PM me your addy and I will post some off .. if it ever gets cooler ! mind you my thoughts go out to those inSA who are even hotter ! stay cool peeps

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    i love how long rayon lasts

i use it squonkers, and yes, need to squonk more than cotton, but i get three times as long between wick changes

and rayon i can tell by the hiss sound when i need to squonk
    giruvian and AllyP like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    Danny, Chris shared some of her stash with me, so I can share some of my stash with you - PM me your addy and I will post some off .. if it ever gets cooler ! mind you my thoughts go out to those inSA who are even hotter ! stay cool peeps
    Tnx lynne just enough to make a couple of coils so i can evaluate before pushing the button on a big box of it.
    Ty very much for your kindness. Im really looking forward to trying this. Pm incoming

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Danny76; 28-01-18 at 02:24 PM.
    DogMan, DocM and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    While we are on the subject of rayon. A long time ago on an impulse I bought some Tencel. A couple of folks swore by it.

This stuff is the most glorious silky threads of tencel you have ever seen and I am sure if I COULD HAVE BLODDY TWISTED IT into a wick it would have been wonderful.

So my one time offer to 3 people who are up for a challenge .......... I will send some to you to try. Just be the first three callers and I will post to you a sample of this wonderful wicking fibre. And thats not all if you can wick it, explain how you did it and take photos of a working build ......

I will send you some more. LOL

This has the potential to be as funny as the Nautilus RBA
    gtadmin, AllyP, Danny76 and 1 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast