Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HavenWood
  • 1 Post By 1ynne
  • 1 Post By CMB

Thread: Need to go from old skool to new fangled

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Need to go from old skool to new fangled

Ok, I am one of those people who started with your traditional stick/pen style battery, and have never changed. I realise it's probably time to move onto a mod, seeing as the old style batteries seem to be being phased out.

I think I will be able to figure out the mod, but what I am uncertain about is tanks.

I have tried clearomizers in the past, but didn't like them because the liquid would go brown and then it didn't taste any good after a couple of days.

For the past several years I have been using boge cartomizers, and simply using a new one every day or two, (so it's costing about $1 every day, which was fine). But I like that these gave a very clean taste, so didn't mind throwing them out and replacing them at a fairly regular rate.

So what are tanks like? Aren't they just like a big clearomizer? How do you keep the flavour of the juice nice and clean (i.e. what do I have to replace on them and how often). I pretty much chain vape, so I'm a bit concerned that the tanks are going to cost a lot more than the boges.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    every week it seems there is something new and you beaut - you really have to sort and sift through the spin

the tank is kinda like a big cleamiser only you insert coils - and change them when things taste yukky.. depending on the juice the coils might last 5 days to a week before you need to swap them out .. so a weekly wash of tank and a new coil really does not result in the juice going brown or tasting bad in my experience.

Old school, but still good vaping for many are the original nautilus tanks which use the Aspire Nautilus BVC Replacement Coils 1.6ohm and 1.8ohm - here in Aus The Coilman has good pricing on the coils and also has the tanks at a good price too https://www.thecoilman.com/shop?gcli...v9kaAs5x8P8HAQ - but as in all things shop around...

or there are new pen style starter kits - Endura T20S or Endura T22 Joyetech Exceed D19 Starter Kit- or pod systems like JOYETECH ATOPACK PENGUIN ALL IN ONE SYSTEM- actually there are a heap of new all in one systems - might be a good idea to watch a few YouTube vids

The new Innokin Zenith Tank - has been getting good reviews - for a mouth to lung tank - and paired with the Kroma as a starter kit - might be worth considering

have you checked if those old style batteries can be found still ? just as a back up plan - vapeking in Sydney still sell the boge cartomizers..
    DocM likes this.

Because we love our Vegemite. We all adore our Vegemite. IT PUTS A ROSE IN EVERY CHEEK !

AVF Regular
    What type of old skool batteries are you chasing Haven Wood?
    Multipaupers

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hi 1ynne and DocM, I usually get my stuff from vapeking, so I can still get the batteries, but the boge cartomizers are out of stock at the moment. I had a bit of a look around for somewhere else to get them, and it seems the one or two other places that have them are also out of stock, so I'm wondering if they are something that is going out of vogue.

AVF Regular
    Oh yep the cartomizer and slotted thing went out with the dinosaurs (which is a pity cause i really liked em ) If you like em stock up on alot of them when you see them cause they are becoming rare (unless of course you pay through the nose for some prefilled brand name ones

Having done the modernize thing a little while ago - i agree it is going to be trial and error - lots of reviews and some swearing nothing to be done about it

if you like cartos look for a warm MTL vape on the reviews -

Lynne makes some great suggestions/ points
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Sudden thought.. what about a billet box ?
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Yeah a BB and get some Boges in bulk.

Try the clearo style things by all means but chances are they won't cut the mustard.

As far as premade stuff goes for smokers wanting to quit smoking, the old Boge carto is still way up there IMO.

Unless you want to get into building your own stuff...
    DocM likes this.