Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Monsteradurm

Thread: some advice needed

AVF Regular

some advice needed

Hi all,
    Firstly, I apologize if this is not the appropriate section of the forum for posting on such matters.

So I was a smoker for around 5 years and then a vaper for around 7 years afterward. I eventually quit vaping mostly because i was sick of being a slave to my addiction. I threw out all of my gear and whilst I missed it, just learnt to live without.

A few months ago I was in China for work filming a tv commercial for a well known car manufacturer. In China cigarettes are dirt cheap and literally everybody was smoking on set. Im ashamed to say I relapsed. Stress from work, the fact we were shooting only at nights and literally all night etc. Anyway, I realise there is no justification and worse, once i returned to Australia i kept up the filthy habit.

Its now been around 2 months since I returned and up until 2 days ago I had been smoking like no time had passed since I quit the analogs. The issue is ofcourse, I would much rather be vaping but there is a long wait via snail mail to receive nicotine in this country to use for vaping and therefore I just havent got round to it - thinking every analog (or pack thereof) would be the last.

So the last 2 days have been smoke free - ive been throwing down lozenges like they are candy but am ridiculously frustrated by the cravings and withdrawals. I go back to China in 2 days time, and am really feeling conflicted. I know the easy advice is to just not smoke - the sensible advice even. Still, if only this country made vaping more accessible then I would not be in this damned situation.

AVF Regular
    I'm not sure what the question is exactly

Its a difficult one seeing as you are leaving for China in 2 days. You would even have trouble trying to get something locally.

For future reference a lot of the members here get Nicotine from a company in China called Hiliq. Postage is quite expensive but it
    only takes a few days to arrive. NZ is another place people have been getting Nicotine supplies. Maybe you could look into getting
    something from Hiliq while you are in China?

Dont be too hard on yourself for smoking. You stopped once, I'm sure you can do it again

AVF Regular
    I agree Tara, Hiliq have free postage about now too. I don't know what the o.p. was asking either.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    The 'wait' will be part of vaping in Australia for the foreseeable future. However if you're traveling and in China, you should be able to get something from Hiliq (as others have mentioned).

Of course you can look at other sites like our NZ counterparts for quicker delivery of eliquid. Because it's also legal for nic to be sold there, you can find it at stores like Mixology Vape and The Vape Shop, as well as Vapour Eyes NZ, Wick and Wire Co Nz etc...

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the input all.

Im not sure where the was such confusion over the question (or lack thereof). The subject says advice needed - I didnt need an answer to a question specifically just advice on the situation. Perhaps in moments of intense withdrawal there is a lacky of clarity of mind and i wasnt verbalizing well.

I havent caved into temptation yet and today is slightly easier than yesterday. Still not sure if i'll start vaping again - i guess ill try my best to hold out until i reach shanghai and then re-assess.

I was just finding the lozenges to not really be feeding the nicotine itch at all. I suppose if i havent slipped maybe they werent doing such a bad job after all.

AVF Regular
    Sorry about that. I think the question thing was my fault.....it was late (or early) here when I replied.

I meant that I wasn't sure exactly what you were needing advice about. You kind of just explained your situation and seemed
    aware of your options and the issues that we face here.

Sounds like you are doing well but I think the real test will be once you are back in the environment where you started smoking
    again. It might be worth looking into getting something in China just incase. See how you go....like you said

edit - I just remembered Health Cabin has started selling some of the more premium US juice lines and they are a Chinese
    Vendor. They also sell Nicotine Base and their own stuff which I have no experience with.
    Last edited by Tara; 22-11-18 at 05:33 AM.

AVF Regular
    That went well then. I found that the patches are terrible, expensive, painful to wear (I am the sensitive type), taste horrible & are difficult to keep lit.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up going to a store in shanghai to get some vape gear that was really superb. The prices were alot better than over here and ive been very happy with with my vaporesso luxe kit - though i swear it punches through juice about 5 times faster than what my old kits did in the past. So much so that ive been caught off gaurd and now have to wait for shipment over christmas without any juice in the interim. boooo Next time in Shanghai ( i go over a few times a year for work ) I will definitely stock up alot more.
    Tara likes this.