Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is there something wrong with my eGo-Twist battery?

Is there something wrong with my eGo-Twist battery?

Hey guys,

I'm just charging my eGo C Twist battery for the first time today and I notice that I keep getting this red to flashing green light throughout my charge..

Is this normal?

TIA

should be ....
    funny gifs

Mine does this too. Don't worry it will go green (in about 6 hours). hehe.

I got one last week and I'm not really fan. Takes 6 hours to charge and lasts half as long as my regular Egos and that's when set at the same voltage - 3.7! It's really only useful for cleaning clearomisers for me.

[s] Vaping nic-free since 16 November 2012 [/s]
    Back on the nic.

Super Moderator
    its just the charger shutting off, then voltage drops, so it turns on again.
    I think ego twist are great for cartos but find my 650 goes flat at the most annoying times and is nowhere near as efficient as a stock ego, unless you heed the 4v plus, I think a standard is fine.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

yer diffently need 2 x twist 650mah ... I got 2 ... use one ..while other charging ... want to get 1000mah see how much life get out them...

6 hrs to charge .. gather that 1000mah .. 650 mah only takes 2 1/2 - 3 hrs to charge ....

Love Twist .... can't use ego-t or egoc's no more not warmer enough vape like twist ..
    Last edited by X-BoNeS-X; 10-06-12 at 06:19 PM.
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2478&dateline=1380789817

It's definitely hard to go from VV to unregulated/regulated constant again. I would go as far to say impossible for me.

One 650mAh isn't enough for a fulltime vaper, although for my girlfriend she gets two days off a single charge.

I think if you needed more than 650mAh and most people would, it would be best to go for two 650mAh batteries if you can afford it. That way you can charge one while you vape the other. If you went with one 1000mAh battery, you'd be kinda stuck as there isn't a passthrough.

Speaking of passthroughs, it would be nice on the Twist, but would make it even larger. I'd imagine it would also make things quite flimsy too.

Just so you know Jetpants, you're going through the battery quicker on the Twist because you have it set at a higher voltage. The eGo-C + T's are meant to have a voltage of 3.3V. I recently tested both of mine with a multimeter, so there wasn't any load and both came in at 3.4V. I'd imagine it would drop under load a little.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpants View Post
    Mine does this too. Don't worry it will go green (in about 6 hours). hehe.

I got one last week and I'm not really fan. Takes 6 hours to charge and lasts half as long as my regular Egos and that's when set at the same voltage - 3.7! It's really only useful for cleaning clearomisers for me.
    are you using an eGo charger or a 510 charger, ego ones are 420mA and 510 look the same but are only 180mA, there s no way it should take 6 hours.
    check the rating on the charger, if its a 420 one, then use a better plugpack or a computer as your USB must be limited, the supplied plugpacks are often garbage.
    I use an iphone charger .. not checked but I reckon only a bit over an hour to charge.

oh, and eGo are not 3.7, they are PWM regulated and are about 3.25V.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Yes, need more than 1 for sure. I have four. 2x650 standards, a 650 twist and a 1000 pass through. The 1000 best one for around the house it lasts a lot longer without using the passthrough.

Thanks for the info kritikal. Will try at a lower voltage

Back on the nic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    are you using an eGo charger or a 510 charger, ego ones are 420mA and 510 look the same but are only 180mA, there s no way it should take 6 hours.
    check the rating on the charger, if its a 420 one, then use a better plugpack or a computer as your USB must be limited, the supplied plugpacks are often garbage.
    I use an iphone charger .. not checked but I reckon only a bit over an hour to charge.

oh, and eGo are not 3.7, they are PWM regulated and are about 3.25V.
    Just checked, one is a 510 and says output 500ma, the other (the aussie one bought last week) says 1000ma. I thought I had been charging it with the aussie charger but perhaps I'm wrong. Will check it next time it needs a charge and report back. Sorry OP, wasnt my intention to hijack.

Back on the nic.

Super Moderator
    nah, not the plugpack, the little USB doohickey that the ego screws into .. it should say 420mA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast