Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Best Mod vv-vw/best vaping setup

AVF Regular
    I think there should have been a new paragraph, to me it reads as he's saying: "You can get a flavour similar to a dripping atty, without the dripping (tanked) and with the vapour of a carto with something like the GG Odysseus or Penelope (silica)"

The issue is that it's pressed against the tanked cartos so it sort of looks like the start of the sentence is about them.

Now I'm even more confused about what to do. I hated the Ego tanks (once I'd tried dripping) but I also find cartos somewhat annoying needing to piece the carto and then trying to get it out when it dies without dropping juice, plus more than once I have had the tank slide off when I have tried to pull it out of my pocket. At the same time rebuildable attys are a great expense if I end up hating it (or being crap at the rebuilding part). Plus there is more ongoing costs in needing to get wire and wicks (although would still be cheaper than cartos).

The problem with the Provari is that I will drop it, I don't want to knock the colour off, but at the same time all of the rebuildables look built for stainless or shiny. But it also seems like you don't need VV for rebuildables anyway so it would render the Provari pointless?
    Last edited by Quom; 20-08-12 at 11:41 AM.

if going for a rebuildable, get a dedicated mod imo .. or a cheap atty, on a provari they are just to fragile.
    the little 510 connector is great on a 510 .. but its just not robust enough for the middle of a mod weighing over 100 grams.
    SS liquinators do not slideoff cartos, i can pull it out of the pocket every time without it moving.
    get a SS provari .. no issues with chips.
    provaris are not particularly difficult to dismantle if you want to paint it or get it powder coated maybe and have a few tools..

the best dosh i have ever spent on vaping is the provari, thats all i have to say on that and its the truth, its versatile and relatively robust.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    But what will I stick on the end of it?

Plus if a rebuildable will give me the flavour of dripping without the hassle wouldn't the money be better invested there than in a VV mod which only powers what is accepted as inferior attys/cartos?

I mean for the price of a Provari I could come close to getting a mod and a rebuildable atty

i have a katana and an orion sitting here doing nothing, the flavour is there but there are other factors with the rebuildables that make them not ideal for me anyway.
    feeling heavy chested and have a continuously itchy irritated throat mainly.

refilling is a pain, needing to find a syringe then rinse it all out, its not something you want to be doing at work for example, the orion has a stupidly small tank and needs a few refills a day, it needs a bathroom drawer and a box of tissues.

people just seem to post pics of amazing vapour, the other 90% with rebuildables is repeatable drudgery when you don't want to fiddle.

try before you buy a big exxy mod, a provari always has a use, whether its a cheap rebuilable atty, a carto, a tank or what i am using .. a 510-ego adapter and an ego C.
    i will get back into the rebuildable but they are more a fiddly hobby thing to me than an all day, every day solution. for that .. its my provari hands down.

YMMV..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Ordered the provari!
    b874 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    my carto tanks have not been used in over 3 months,
    i also have to disagree with kritikal 'its like dripping' .. are you for real ? have you even tried dripping ? no freaking way is it even close.
    Obviously you didn't read my post very well.

I compared the GG Rebuildable range to dripping, not a carto tank.

Of course a carto tank is nowhere close to dripping, lol, do you really think I would say that?

Edit: I hate it when posts come across harsh. Wasn't my intention.
    Last edited by kritikal; 20-08-12 at 06:56 PM.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    Obviously you didn't read my post very well.

I compared the GG Rebuildable range to dripping, not a carto tank.

Of course a carto tank is nowhere close to dripping, lol, do you really think I would say that?
    I'm loving the Penelope Awesome flavour and vapor and super easy to setup. Being able to adjust the juice flow is really cool. I dare say this may spell the end of carto's for me. I don't think I have been this impressed with a device since I got my first Provari

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    if going for a rebuildable, get a dedicated mod imo .. or a cheap atty, on a provari they are just to fragile.
    the little 510 connector is great on a 510 .. but its just not robust enough for the middle of a mod weighing over 100 grams.
    SS liquinators do not slideoff cartos, i can pull it out of the pocket every time without it moving.
    get a SS provari .. no issues with chips.
    provaris are not particularly difficult to dismantle if you want to paint it or get it powder coated maybe and have a few tools..

the best dosh i have ever spent on vaping is the provari, thats all i have to say on that and its the truth, its versatile and relatively robust.
    I think the only trouble with connectors are with the Line. The majority of the others have the 510 threading built in to the base. They seem pretty sturdy. I've dropped some atty side down (on to carpet) with the ProVari attached with no noticeable damage too. Also, some of them have replaceable parts (DID, Penelope, etc..) so if you do damage the base, or anything else, you can buy a replacement part.

The satin finish is excellent on the ProVari, looks great, even after wear and tear. I have one tiny scratch on my ProVari, which has gone through falls very similar to the Orion. The Orion shows a few scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    I think there should have been a new paragraph, to me it reads as he's saying: "You can get a flavour similar to a dripping atty, without the dripping (tanked) and with the vapour of a carto with something like the GG Odysseus or Penelope (silica)"

The issue is that it's pressed against the tanked cartos so it sort of looks like the start of the sentence is about them.

Now I'm even more confused about what to do. I hated the Ego tanks (once I'd tried dripping) but I also find cartos somewhat annoying needing to piece the carto and then trying to get it out when it dies without dropping juice, plus more than once I have had the tank slide off when I have tried to pull it out of my pocket. At the same time rebuildable attys are a great expense if I end up hating it (or being crap at the rebuilding part). Plus there is more ongoing costs in needing to get wire and wicks (although would still be cheaper than cartos).

The problem with the Provari is that I will drop it, I don't want to knock the colour off, but at the same time all of the rebuildables look built for stainless or shiny. But it also seems like you don't need VV for rebuildables anyway so it would render the Provari pointless?
    Not necessarily a new paragraph as I was still on the subject as to what goes on top. For instance, your first two paragraphs should be one paragraph as the both touch on the subject of my sentence. My grammar was right, the comparison should have come at the start though. Anyway.

Rebuildables can be expensive as an upfront payment but they do pay for themselves over time. If you don't like it after a few weeks, you can usually get your money back, depending on the atomiser. On the classifieds, the rarer ones go for just as much, or more than what they originally cost, so you won't lose out there.

The satin finish looks great and tends not to get scratched. If it does, it doesn't show them very well anyway. It seems like this will be your best choice.

I like to have variable voltage with rebuildables. Sometimes you will end up with a resistance far higher/lower than what you planned, all you need to do is bump up/down the voltage. Then, there's the fact that the voltage is kept constant so your vape stays the same throughout the battery life, unlike mechanical mods, where it decreases every draw. You also have the ability to check your resistance on the ProVari and you can get error messages, both handy tools when rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    Ordered the provari!
    Congrats! You'll love it. As Stoney said it's money we'll spent. I don't ever regret buying mine, I think it was worth every cent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I'm loving the Penelope Awesome flavour and vapor and super easy to setup. Being able to adjust the juice flow is really cool. I dare say this may spell the end of carto's for me. I don't think I have been this impressed with a device since I got my first Provari
    Cool, you did end up snatching one.
    It's great. You'll be amazed with what you can do in it, it allows for a lot of experimentation. My current setup is 2 pieces of the 3mm wick and a twisted coil (2 pieces of 32awg Kanthal) wrapped around about 9 times. It's coming in at 2.4Ohm and I have it set to 5.6V. Surprisingly, no dry hits! It's just a slightly cooler vape but with more throat hit, vapour and flavour. My Orion has been neglected since doing this setup on Saturday.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    Cool, you did end up snatching one.
    It's great. You'll be amazed with what you can do in it, it allows for a lot of experimentation. My current setup is 2 pieces of the 3mm wick and a twisted coil (2 pieces of 32awg Kanthal) wrapped around about 9 times. It's coming in at 2.4Ohm and I have it set to 5.6V. Surprisingly, no dry hits! It's just a slightly cooler vape but with more throat hit, vapour and flavour. My Orion has been neglected since doing this setup on Saturday.

Holy crap how could you want more flavour throat hit and vapor

I think your description of flavour of a dripping atty and vapor of a carto is pretty spot on. I am getting a nice throat hit from bobas bounty which is usually pretty mild in a carto.

I think I want another one of these

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast