Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Oh dear god what have I done... Vaper Travel Fail

Thumbs up Oh dear god what have I done... Vaper Travel Fail

Hi all!

I'm in a bit of a predicament... I've been vaping for just over 8 months now and haven't touched a cigarette and like most vapers don't really have a reason to stop vaping. I enjoy it, it's affordable and my health has returned...

Have had a pretty shit few months and decided to go on holiday and am going to Thailand.

Small problem....apparently E-Cigarettes are illegal there!

Has anyone been to Thailand recently? I was thinking about not taking any with me, and finding some markets and looking for ego's and dekang.... or do I not buy in case it's a setup and then I get put in some murky Thai jail

It really ruins my whole plan of sitting pool side in 35 degree heat drinking a super large cocktail and chain vaping!

wow of all places...ecigs illegal crazy.
    here is a lill thread on ecf if you have read it already: Traveling to thailand. Bring my ecig?

Ecigs: Halo G6-->Ego 650mAh-->Apex Ultra-->Smoketech VMAX-->Smoketech VMAX SS-->Smoketech Gripper VV-->Gus G22-18350-->Gus Telescopic-->Diablo Hybrid-->Caravela!

Super Moderator

All does not appear to be lost Kitty ...Thai e-cig shop Google Translate

Might be worth asking them if they can supply you while you are there ?

Edit : Forgot to say , in Bankok and phone number is 086-5336689.
    Last edited by Fatman; 18-08-12 at 10:51 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Hey Kittie

Dont sweat it. I am here in Thailand as its my place of employment. Bring all your kit. My PV travels in the pocket along with a spare in the carry on bag, and the juice in the 100ml liquid bag. Never had a problem at customs or airport security.

Out and about, you wont have any problems. Most people that see you "Doing it" think its cool, and a few are interested?

Good luck and Vape on!!
    margyb, eteach, Fatman and 2 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Super Moderator
    Or chuck E-Cig Thai Forum | into google translate and see if you can find a local vaper that will help you
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

I go there often and take my e-cigs.

You will be fine.

You can buy them at MBK and most markets as well.

RC
    Cat likes this.

I am headed there on holiday in a few weeks and emailed there embassy here in oz to ask about the legality.

Reply was you won't have an issue ecigs are allowed in Thailand. Can forward you the email if you would like.
    margyb and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Sounds very much like our scenario here. People looking in from the outside often get the impression that ecigs are illegal here.
    I wouldn't worry about it, it's heroin they will try and snatch you up for, heard a few wild stories a few years back.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Yay! This is all good news, thank you everyone!

Will probably just take a couple of ego twists and a couple of star dusts.... I vape about 3ml per day so x 10 days should get away with 30 - 50 ml of juice. Knowing me it will be more than 3ml because it's holidays and I'm going to a resort spa style place...with lots of cocktails

I'll separate it all and put it in my suitcase, but when I have been to Melbourne / Sydney and Coolangata airports I also had a PV in my pocket and went through metal detectors without issue.

I am just freaking a bit because it's my first time overseas and Thai jails don't sound like a fun trip

Thanks everyone... Dee_Dee can you PM me the email? Would be good to print it out and keep a copy just incase lol

Goz
    Good thing you noticed before heading off on your holiday Kittie. Would be terrible to find out the hard way on arrival in Thailand if it wasn't OK and become the latest news headline.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast