Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What air hole size do you prefer in your genesis ?

What air hole size do you prefer in your genesis ?

Hi,

I have had genesis atomisers with air holes that probably range from .8mm to 1.5mm.

I think that 1.2mm, as on the Did standard is my favourite size, good vapour, the normal compromise with a slightly airey draw, but not too bad. Interesting enough I just got my first Zenesis atomiser the other day and while I thought the 1.5mm air hole would be far too airey, I find I don't mind it as well.

I think I may make all my mods 1.2mm now.

What size do others prefer? If you have drilled out other mods to the size you like, have you always got the performance you like, or has it varied a bit based on the mod?

Does anyone know what the gbell and Orion are? I suspect it is 1mm?

It's funny but at first I preferred to sacrifice a bit of vapour for a tighter draw, and the warmer the vape the better. I guess it's because that's what I preferred when I used to drip. But as time has gone on, I am slowly starting to like bigger air holes, to get more vapour, at the expense of some heat and tightness of draw.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 20-10-12 at 12:54 PM.

I saw that one of the american modders is working on an adjustable air hole on his genesis.
    bugzme likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eteach View Post
    I saw that one of the american modders is working on an adjustable air hole on his genesis.
    Got a link eteach?, I'll be machining my own on a mate's lathe v soon and thinks adjustable is the ideal. As a. I like to fiddle and b. my tastes vary from day (and hour to hour) to day. Mini Did is good though must be just over one mm. I like Did standard too at 1.2mm.
    Vaping since July 2012.

Yeah I must admit that I can vary from day to day as well, in 2 minds about drilling them out , or leaving as is so I have something for any mood.

I've been thinking about a sleeve inside that can be rotated with different size holes to suit, so you start out with 1.5 mm and then choke it down to suit!
    You could then have anything from 1mm ~ to 1.5mm!
    Some shim steel would probably be Ok!

I like the draw on the lines and g-bell, the did was too airy and the ZAP was way too airy - but such a quality piece of kit. Shame really. Looking forward to getting the Fogatti, it's adjustable also.

0.8mm -1mm.
    I like some resistance when I draw.
    My ZAP was unsatisfying. I saw Zens videos and interviews and tried to be a 'connoissuer' for a few days, but didn't like it so I filled the hole and drilled a 1mm hole. It still could be a little tighter for me and I'm not sure I got more vapour when it was bigger?. G- Bell and Atomb bomb look about 0.8 and the bLISS had 2 x 1mm hole roughly and I didn't mind that
    I think cap size and airhole combine (but thats just what I reckon).
    Mickg33 likes this.

Interesting vapourise , I haven't drilled out any of my mods yet, so am interested in what others have found. I have assumed that a larger hole will provide more vapour, and that is the main reason I am thinking about drilling a few mods out to 1.2mm.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dvietrod View Post
    I've been thinking about a sleeve inside that can be rotated with different size holes to suit, so you start out with 1.5 mm and then choke it down to suit!
    You could then have anything from 1mm ~ to 1.5mm!
    Some shim steel would probably be Ok!
    I was thinking about fitting one of them drain plugs from the tank of an aircompressor.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I was thinking about fitting one of them drain plugs from the tank of an aircompressor.
    Steampunk Stoney Mod...... love it
    EPM V1-18650,V2-18490 top of the list, Provari V2 and mini ,REO Grand , REO mini +2.1, 18490 REO ,Reo Woodvil 14500 , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), kicked jazz 18500 pipe ,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, Pipe mods.

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast