Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Harsh throat hit

Hi everyone

I cracked open some of the Dekang juices I received last week, all 18mg. Up until tonight I have either been vaping JW mixed 50/50 with 24mg or no nic JW.

The first draw I had on the Dekang sent me into a coughing fit. I think I broke a rib coughing and the back of my throat is now sliding down the wall in front of the computer LOL. I had to laugh cause I felt like a 13 year old trying an analogue for the first time.

I assume that it would have been because it was an 18mg juice and I have been using roughly a 12mg, yes/no, opinions please.

It seemed like such a harsher vape than I have been used to with the JW mixes, or are Dekang juices generally all like this. I did try the Dekang Banana last week but it didn't taste or feel like this, unfortunately I thought the Banana tasted like arse so has gone into storage, it might get better with age.

In short, is this normal with the Dekang juices, is it just the higher nic level and will I just get used this?

Sik
    Some dekangs hit like a freight train IMO. Also they tend to be 100% PG, VG can smooth the Throat hit a bit....

Also yea your vaping something thats 50% stronger than what you were... So might take a little bit to get used to it.

I found that even just semi accidentally (close enough is good enough mixing ) going upwards from 18-22mg made the vape just that little less flavoursome and enough extra pepper / th that i quickly cut it back by dropping in some extra PG. Not that i was busting a lung or wouldnt have vaped it with no other alternative, turns out im fussy.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

A couple of things to consider.
    If you are getting the JW doublers or no nic JW juice mixed with VG (the 80/20 mix), it makes a noticeable difference to the throat hit you get. Even the 10% you wind up with if you mix a 80/20 doubler with 100%PG nic juice makes a difference.

I haven't tried a 12mg juice myself, but I notice a difference in TH from 18mg to 24mg. When I have tried 36mg, I have found that to be too harsh for me so nic level could be a factor.

In the bad old days I was on 8mg RYO tar (lower than that never worked for me). A 12mg tar tailor would give me a head spin if I smoked it fastly (FFS, key next to w not working, fastly is now a word. Deal with it)

very likely the additional nic + the fact that it's all PG (though i'm still to really find a difference in throat hit, but thats what everyone says)

When mixing the JW juices 50/50 with the nic I don't seem to be getting the nic hit, even though they taste great. I ordered a couple of the Dekang 18mg to test if I needed to go a higher nic.

So tonight apart from the really peppery scratchy throat harshness I am obviously getting the nic hit now as the first few puffs of the 18mg gave me a slight head spin. Does this mean it's now too high nic level? The 12mg didn't give me any nic hit at all and could chain vape the 12mg mix.

Will I just get used the 18mg (level of nic as well as the throat hit) the more I vape it? I don't want to toss these bottles out and am hoping it will improve.

Tomorrow night will try and up the nic level in the JW juices as well and see what that does...

Super Moderator
    it will be fine.. you don't HAVE to chain vape, put the thing down.

dekang may have stabilisers added .. who knows, they know what they are doing if anybody does.

(ps some assistance for Lothar .. feel free to copy n paste as required. I got more if you need them qqqqqqqqq and QQQQQQQ)
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

But I lovvvvvvvvve chain vaping Stoney LOL.

Thats why I have 2 units going at all times, one with no nic and one with nic when I feel I need the hit.

Super Moderator
    This is just my opinion .. just posting as food for thought.

I see that as pointless though I can see the appeai when fresh into it. To me its asking for problems. We say its safe but we don't really know, even if PG and VG prove to be ok, who knows long term effects of the other hundreds of chemicals in flavours. I think it unlikely we will ever know for sure.

I'm a bit of a paranoid type around chemicals though, I think of it like I would flyspray .. its fit for purpose but not going to overdo it for no reason.
    They say its safe, but who knows long term.

To me vaping 0 nic is a pointless excercise as I would just need another puff next few seconds. I vape nic of a strength sufficient to allow me to put it down.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Sik
    Chain vaping isnt abnormal when you first cut across. Unless you are having issues sleeping IMO vape away.

The thing i have found is that im more balanced these days, instead of going outside for 5 minutes and cramming in a durrie or 7 minutes and smashing 2 every hour or so.. I'm more likely to just sit, chill and take a hit when i feel like one. At first this is a bit weird, but its all relative and behavioural really (imo).... I reckon I've just readjusted my intake to be at a more consistent level rather than what would have been nic peak and trough. Havent done any maths on it, but I am guessing i'd be taking around the same amounts of draws as i used too over the day, just in a different frequency.

Vaping frequency vs ciggys and the fact that there is no longer a "I'm finished the ciggy moment" were two of the behavioural things i found really weird to start out. For me I'm just happy to be off the darts, i dont care if i vape twice what i smoked sometimes..Plus it tastes good..

edit: i never looked at vaping as "safe" just "probably safer" and the way i feel now compared to 3.5 months ago... well shit, its gotta be better for me
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

Thanks guys. I hear everything you're saying and totally agree. Am glad to hear it's not abnormal when you first start. I think my problem is I haven't found my perfect nic level yet. I did find that last night after the 18mg hits, after the coughing subsided I didn't feel like another puff. So maybe 18mg is enough and I just need to get used to the harsher throat hit.

I'm going to mix up some JW juices tonight to 18mg and see how I go with that combination.
    Last edited by CupCake; 18-04-11 at 09:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast