Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Noob question about mixing

Noob question about mixing

Hi, guys. I am looking for some advice with mixing. I've been vaping now for about a week and a half. Everything is going well so far. I am using a ego battery with a boge F16 and am quite happy.

My problem is that I ordered some ejuice from Velvet Cloud (the White Beard and Caramel Tobacco) which I did not realize was 100% VG until it arrived. It has been giving me some problems with heaviness in the chest and allergies. None of this is too bad but I would prefer to avoid these issues if I could. Trouble is I really like both of these ejuices and am loathe to give them up. But I realize that I need to explore other options.

So here is my question. I don't want to get into full scale mixing (at least for now). What I would prefer to do is buy premixed ejuice from say Health Cabin and then just add some flavour to taste if need be. I like the caramel flavoured tobacco and I want to be able to just add in some caramel concentrate if needed. I am wondering how to do this? Do I just buy some caramel concentrate and add a few drops to taste? Or is there some kind of formula? How does dropping in some flavour effect the nicotine level? Am I even making sense here? All this is pretty confusing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sit tight. Someone will be along shortly.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

You are making sense mate, don't panic, one of the Mixing Evil Overlords and ladies) will be along to enroll you in the cult of mixing,,,,

DUM DUM DUMMMM!
    margyb likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

and DUMMER

someone will be able to help pgscott I havent got into serious mixing yet
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

I've only just started,,
    [B]
    and DUMMERERERERRRRRR!!!
    margyb likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

Super Moderator
    If you buy some of the super-concentrates (several local vendors have them), these are usually mixed at about 2.5%, so that is the % (approx) that you nic strength will be reduced by.

So 10ml @ 24mg/ml + 0.25ml of concentrate (2.5%) means that your nic strength will be (10ml x 24mg/ml) = 240mg (total mg nic) /(10ml of your original mix + 0.25ml of concentrate flavour = 10.25ml) = 240/10.25 =23.42mg/ml.

Clear as mud
    Please read these rules

If you are against vaping, you fully support smoking ... it IS as simple as that.

No one been past yet?

I do all my own mixing. Some is good, some is a work in progress. there is a bit of trial and error involved. If what you are asking is can you add some concentrate to a premixed juice the answer is yes. How much is up to your taste. If you are talking about a few drops to a 10 ml bottle to bring out a flavour it's not going to affect your nicotine concentration much at all. If you go add 1ml to this it's going to dilute the nicotine noticeably.

I'm sure one of our alchemists will be along soon with a bag of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    If you buy some of the super-concentrates (several local vendors have them), these are usually mixed at about 2.5%, so that is the % (approx) that you nic strength will be reduced by.

So 10ml @ 24mg/ml + 0.25ml of concentrate (2.5%) means that your nic strength will be (10ml x 24mg/ml) = 240mg (total mg nic) /(10ml of your original mix + 0.25ml of concentrate flavour = 10.25ml) = 240/10.25 =23.42mg/ml.

Clear as mud
    Yep clear as mud to me

Get 115ml of 36mg unflavored from here, 50/50 pg/vg
    115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 115ml] - $11.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Select some doublers from an Aussie vendor like this,,,
    Backo Blend e-Liquid

Get a 10mil bottle, add 5ml of 36mg unflavored, add 5ml of the doubler flavor, you will end up with 10ml of flavored e-liquid at 18mg.

Edit: Margys spelling correction service,
    Last edited by RichoVonBlack; 29-03-13 at 05:33 PM.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

^^^^^^ Richo means doublers not doublets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast