Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Let Down By The Juice

Let Down By The Juice

Hi all, new member here; I thought I would explain my experience with vaping, to hopefully get some advice for myself and perhaps others who may read this thread. First some brief background.

I have been smoking for 35 years, about 30 rollies a day and heavily addicted to smoking.

I have tried giving up smoking a few times, the longest I have lasted was a year. Each time, as I steeled myself towards the day of no more smokes, the thought of never having a smoke again played on my mind. When I did try and stop, I found myself fixating on the desire for a smoke; as I said, I am haevily addicted to smoking. My demeanor during these times of not smoking was also less then cordial, to put it mildly.

In light of these failed attempts, I decided to try vaping. I first tried vaping about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, the kit I bought was less then satisfactory and broke quickly and I soon gave up on the experience. Recently, I decided to do some more research and see if things had advanced. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I set about researching all the various options and once I figured I had enough knowledge and went out and made the following purchases:

Joyetech eVic
    4x Vivi Nova STV
    Extra battery and black covers for the eVic

These items were all purchased in Australia and I am very happy with them.

The problem I really had was with the juice. After much reading, I settled on Mount Baker Vapor and purchased the following juices:

Vanilla Tobacco 18mg Nic PG 50% VG 50% 30ml 1 Extra Flavoring shot
    Virginia Fire Cured Tobacco 18mg Nic PG 50% VG 50% 30ml 0 Extra Flavoring shot
    555 18mg Nic PG 50% VG 50% 30ml 0 Extra Flavoring shot
    Pina Colada 18mg Nic PG 50% VG 50% 30ml 0 Extra Flavoring shot
    Caramel Coffee 18mg Nic PG 50% VG 50% 30ml 0 Extra Flavoring shot

Now you may be reading this and thinking, I can see what the problem is already....

I will state it anyway, the juice tastes like dishwater; there is also a hint of sweetness (not in a nice way), which I am putting down to the PG/VG mix.

I should have done more research, but thought a 50-50 mix would be a good starting point. I probably should have also added more flavour shots.

What I am after, is advice on the flavour shots, PG/VG mix (if that is what is giving the sweetness to the juice). I am also thinking of purchasing some juice from Electronic Cigarettes Australia and getting some Nic juice from their NZ shop, just so I can get something better tasting quickly. Is this a wise move, will it taste ok from them?

On a positive note, I have persevered and have not had a cigarette all week. This is a really big achievement for me. I have had cravings, but have found that the eVic takes the vast majority of the craving away. I have also not had any episodes of my head spinning around, requiring the services of priests to sprinkle me with holly water...

Hoping to get some advice or pointers in the right direction.

Thanks, Om

AVF Regular
    Welcome to AVF You are on the right track with the vaping but unfortunately, taste is a very subjective thing. What one person thinks is the dogs round spherical things may taste like arse juice or dishwater to somebody else. I bought some Mt Baker Banana cream pie cos everyone was raving about it but personally think its really horrible. My advice would be to get a range of small sample sized bottles from a range of suppliers and try lots of different flavours until you find a few that suit you. YOu will also find that over time, you will regain that sense of taste that 35 years of smoking have all but killed and what you cant stand the taste of today might taste great in a month or two's time. You dont say where you are based but if you are in Sydney apparently there is a stand at Flemington Markets on the weekend where they sell flavours and can offer lots of great advice.

Super Moderator
    if you're on 18mg - by far the simplest way is 36mg nic from somewhere like health cabin, then doublers from any number of our local vendors.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Hey OM maybe get some flavourless nic from china/USA and try some local doublers. mt baker is ok but can be a bit hit and miss sometimes. Some guys have done reviews on some of the flavours if u have a look back through reviews section u may find more to try.
    Also where about in Aus are u
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Thanks for the quick responses, I should have said I am in Bundy, Qld.

I went to the local tobacconist here to get some flavours, but they only have pre-filled kits, so no luck there.

AVF Regular
    In that case do what others have suggested, order yourself some unflavoured Nic juice from overseas and then get some doublers (you mix them 50:50 with nic) in lots of different flavours. There are plenty of aussie suppliers of 0nic doublers around, just check out the vendors section here on the forum.

Thanks, Liz, will check it out.

AVF Regular
    if u ever get down to gc we have a brick and morter store here
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotus View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses, I should have said I am in Bundy, Qld.

I went to the local tobacconist here to get some flavours, but they only have pre-filled kits, so no luck there.
    hey almost a local boy welcome to vaping and welcome to the forum mate. Maybe wise not to get too fixated on tobacco flavours as well mate I went that way and honestly not many actually taste like cigs. These days I dont even own a tobacco flavour and still rarely go 5 mins without a hand full of battery.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

Izmali, will be sure to check it out and coal miner, yeah, almost neighbours....lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast