Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New Forum member- Aussie living in US- wanting to know if I can bring eliquid into OZ

New Forum member- Aussie living in US- wanting to know if I can bring eliquid into OZ

Hi All,
    I having successfully given up smoking after many decades due to vaping. I use a Kanga head bottom atomizer and Ego variable battery (AMAZING) don't mess with those pissy little things if you are serious about giving up smoking.

Anyway, I live part time in the US and part time in AUS. I have used vapes for for few years now, the original ones were rather pathetic and didn't stop me smoking, but the new heavy battery job is excellent and did the trick. So, in past trips back I have carried with me e liquid and it was nicotine based, probably about 10 mg or so.

I found those old cartomizers useless and also the liquid not strong enough to stop me craving cigs, but I did not have any trouble getting it into OZ

Now, I mix my own here about 25mg strength, it's so cheap, just glycol for throat hit and glycerine for smoke, 100mg mg nic diluted and flavour. Make 30ml for about $2. I have read on some OZ vape sites that you shouldn't vape 24 - 36mg...crap, you can, it's the highest limit here in the US.

Now I read that nicotine in banned is OZ, you can't bring it in? I was hoping to bring about 400ml of 25mg to keep me going for a year.

What's the story with bringing it in? OZ is pretty dumb, they tax the hell out of cigarettes, I hear they are $25 a packet, in US same thing is 4.50. so why ban e juice with nic? They seem to NOT want people to give up cigarettes because they rely on the TAX.

So any experience with actually bringing it in in your hand luggage? I have no intention of selling it, it's for a year's personal use.
    Last edited by deboraht; 20-08-13 at 12:23 PM.
    Noe and margyb like this.

Its fine to bring it in for personal use, its only illegal to sell it.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

You can import Nic juice, you just cant SELL nic juice in Australia, you are allowed to bring in 3 months supply for personal use at a time, 400mls should not be an issue, many people here on the forums have imported up to 1-2 liters at a time (via the mail). You will have to declare it when you get to customs and make sure its labeled correctly (ejuice,nic strength and that its a poison) and packaged with child proof caps and leak proof bottles inside clear zip lock bags. Customs are aware of e-cigs and eliquids as long as your straight up with them and do the right thing you should have no issues.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Its fine to bring it in for personal use, its only illegal to sell it.
    So you think I could get 4 x 100ml x 25mg unflavoured nic in VG through customs? Believe me it's for personal use, but I prefer to flavour it fresh. I was thinking it would just look like cosmetic in luggage, not going through hand luggage, as there is a limit to fluids.

Is Glycol and Glycerin available in OZ? I guy 1 liter of each for $13.

If you're worried about customs (which you shouldn't be) why don't you just post (cheapest available, not express) a litre back to yourself in Aus before you leave the US? Are you travelling alone? Could someone take some in their luggage also?

T7x
    Quote Originally Posted by deboraht View Post
    So you think I could get 4 x 100ml x 25mg unflavoured nic in VG through customs? Believe me it's for personal use, but I prefer to flavour it fresh. I was thinking it would just look like cosmetic in luggage, not going through hand luggage, as there is a limit to fluids.

We have PG and VG, high quality; slightly more expensive than that.

Sometimes when we fall we just land in the right place..

This link won't help with Customs but it shows the guidelines of transporting e-cigs on airlines here.

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - eCigarettes and electronic cigarettes
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyPantz View Post
    This link won't help with Customs but it shows the guidelines of transporting e-cigs on airlines here.

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - eCigarettes and electronic cigarettes
    Thanks for the link, looks like I'll be carrying it onboard, though there are restrictions with the amount of fluid you have to bag up. I am getting anxious as I don't want to start smoking cigs again, especially with the outrageous prices in OZ! I can imagine tobacco products will become a black market item in OZ with the prices rising so much, shame, vaping is really the answer to get people off cigs but they make it so damn hard! For someone who has smoked for 40 years, vaping has been my only way out of it.
    margyb and DEATHGUYJ like this.

Super Moderator
    Batteries in your carry on, liquid in your suitcase. I'd say the same law on importation would come into play. You can bring in 3 months worth of "personal supply" level volume.
    I hope you have a wonderful time back in Australia
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by deboraht View Post

If you vape flavored 25mg/ml, why would you bring 25mg/ml unflavored for mixing?
    Just bring 100mg/ml, you'll be fine, then you can mix it to your liking as per normal once you are here.
    Just buy PG & VG locally, it will cost a little more than in the US but it's still WAAAaaay cheaper than a pack of smokes.
    You could even bring your favorite flavors with you, in a zip lock bag.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast