Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Information on Diacetyl, Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl or Acetoin in e liquids.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Nicely done with the thread, Spud but that post #8 doesn't have any link in it, that I can see?
    Thanks Noe, I'll see if I can fix it
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Flavor West Concentrates are all diacetyl free according to the information on their website:

Vanilla Custard
    margyb likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

Capella Drops state on their website that all Capella Flavour Drops are diacetyl free:

Coffee Flavorings | Soda Stream Flavors | Natural Flavorings

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    Flavor West Concentrates are all diacetyl free according to the information on their website:

Vanilla Custard
    Great news spud, did you ask them about Acetoin and Acetyl Propionyl (Pentanedione)? content in their eliquids because these are an inhalation risk????

Information about diacetyl from Flavour Art taken from their website.

Diacetyl | ClearStream by FlavourArt

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    Great news spud, did you ask them about Acetoin and Acetyl Propionyl (Pentanedione)? content in their eliquids because these are an inhalation risk????
    This thread is for information only Donna, not discussion. If you have information regarding Acetoin or Acetyl Propionyl please post it or a link to the information from the website you found it on. This will then keep this thread strictly for information only without opinion.
    Noe, margyb, Old Dog and 3 others like this.

Capella Drops state on their website that all Capella Flavour Drops are diacetyl free:

Coffee Flavorings | Soda Stream Flavors | Natural Flavorings
    Again, what about Acetoin and Aceyyl Propionyl (Pentanedione)?

Here is some info
    2,3-Pentanedione

"The alpha-diketone, 2,3-pentanedione, has received attention as a flavoring substitute for diacetyl. It is also known as acetyl propionyl or by CAS number 600-14-6. It is structurally very similar to diacetyl since 2,3-pentanedione is a 5-carbon alpha-diketone and diacetyl is a 4-carbon alpha-diketone. Published reports on the toxicity of 2,3-pentanedione were first published in abstract form in 2010 (Hubbset al. 2010b; Morgan et al. 2010). A recent NIOSH peer-reviewed publication documents that acute inhalation exposures to 2,3-pentanedione cause airway epithelial damage that is similar to diacetyl in laboratory studies (Hubbset al. 2012). In 2-week inhalation studies in rats, NIEHS researchers found that 2,3-pentanedione caused proliferation of fibrous connective tissue in the walls of airways and projections of fibrous connective tissue sometimes extended into the air passageways (Morganet al. 2012b). Preliminary data suggest that repeated exposures to either 2,3-pentanedione or diacetyl can cause airway fibrosis in rats (Morganet al. 2012a). In the acute inhalation study of 2,3-pentanedione, changes in gene expression were noted in the brain (Hubbset al. 2012). Preliminary data suggests that diacetyl can cause changes in the central nervous system that are similar to those caused by 2,3-pentanedione (Hubbset al. 2010a). As a group, these publications raise concerns that the toxicologic effects of diacetyl may be shared with alpha-diketones which are close structural analogs. Additional alpha-diketones of interest include, but are not limited to, those used in food manufacturing such as 2,3-hexanedione and 2,3-heptanedione (Dayet al. 2011)."

CDC - Flavorings-Related Lung Disease: Exposures to Flavoring Chemicals - NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic

Information regarding diacetly, and Acetoin, from The Perfumers Apprentice website

Perfumer's Apprentice

Information regarding Lorann Oils, colour coded for those that are suitable for vaping :

Best Lorann Oils Vaping Spreadsheet - 2013 | Best Vapor Flavors
    margyb likes this.

Information regarding Lorann Oils, colour coded for those that are suitable for vaping :

Best Lorann Oils Vaping Spreadsheet - 2013 | Best Vapor Flavors
    Just to make it easier for people to see....

These Lorann Flavors are best for Vaping. They are water soluble, they contain no artificial colorings or tryglicerides.
    Yellow These Lorann Flavorings are vaped at your own risk. They have artificial coloring or triglycerides. Use your own best judgement in vaping them. Caprylic Capric MSDS Sheet says there are no harmful effects expected at ambient temperature but vapors cause irritation, coughing or breathing difficulties.CaramelFD&C Blue 1
    FD&C Blue 2
    FD&C Red 3
    FD&C Red 40
    FD&C Yellow 5
    FD&C Yellow 6
    Red These Lorann Flavors are not ideal for vaping. They are not water soluble, contain oil, etc.
    Purple These Lorann Flavors MAY contain Diacetyl (a flavor that is used to create a butter taste). Diacetyl is safe to ingest, but not safe for inhalation because it causes ‘popcorn lung, aslo known as Bronchiolitis Obliterans. **Update, I have talked to Lorann’s about this and they have said that NONE of their flavors (even the butter flavorers) have ANY DIACETYL.

I think it is worth posting this copy even though it isn't really a good one. It shows a responsible vendor will announce the inhalation risks.

EDIT: SORRY, I THOUGHT THIS WAS FROM LORANN BUT IT SEEMS THE INFO IS FROM A BLOG. MY MISTAKE AND SPUD'S I THINK Please correct me if I'm wrong spud????
    Last edited by Donna; 27-01-14 at 05:37 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast