Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Help! I broke my taste buds! ( or possible cures for Vapers Tongue )

AVF Regular
    They the apple cider trick. Put 2 tablespoons of vinegar in some cool water. Swill round the mouth a couple of time and swallow. Drink the rest. Sour flavour hit the tastebuds with a bit of a reset
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aulonocara View Post
    I've just had a quick google and it seems pretty common, but most people speak of not being able to taste (like my current experience with menthol and red energy) but I'm not seeing ,inch about the nasty burnt plastic taste I am getting.

For those of you that have experienced vaper's tongue - does it just mute you sense of taste or does it actually warp it so that some flavours are unbearably disgusting?
    it s dif for everyone , taste is subjective and so is a Case of the V-T's .
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    <"When ever I can I will try and give back to fellow Vapers as they have given to me." Master Sergeant Nov 2013>

AVF Regular
    try vaping flavourless for a couple of days, then mix some flavours really weak, like a third or even a quarter of the recommended amount. subtlety is the key in this situation. the temptation is to mix stronger flavours, but less is more.

AVF Regular
    apart from resetting my taste buds, i found another good thing about vaping flavourless. i learned the difference between what i think of as a hot hit (volts or watts too high, burning the juice), a dry hit (oh god, what an AWFUL experience, when you take a hit with the wick too dry) and a gunked up coil (not too bad to start off with, barely discernible, but as it gets worse, you can't miss it).
    GirlyPantz, JenJ and Buckman like this.

AVF Regular
    +1 what Kay said
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    I hated when this happened to me It was terrible, first time it happened everything I vaped made me feel sick, to this day I still can't vape caramels and certain vanillas.
    Second time, I just couldn't taste ANYTHING I was vaping. Water, drink crap loads of water. Gargle some saltwater or some apple cider vinegar. It should clear it up after a day or so.

If not, vape some unflavoured juice if you can for a week or two. Let your tastebuds reset
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I haven't tried vaping the fruits again yet but they are starting to smell more like normal. I'll leave it a few more days and try again.
    GirlyPantz and Rynxa like this.

Reading this has made me feel a bit better about myself. Been chain vaping diff flavours all day and it's been as though none of them quite taste right, haven't been able to put my finger on why. Tried my old faithful Evod2's and still the flavour is lacking. If this prob persists I think I'll try vaping flavourless for a bit, I've never tried it so it'll be another vaping first. Still gotta be better then smoking ciggies I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckman View Post
    Reading this has made me feel a bit better about myself. Been chain vaping diff flavours all day and it's been as though none of them quite taste right, haven't been able to put my finger on why. Tried my old faithful Evod2's and still the flavour is lacking. If this prob persists I think I'll try vaping flavourless for a bit, I've never tried it so it'll be another vaping first. Still gotta be better then smoking ciggies I reckon.
    Try sniffing some ground coffee, or have a couple of eclipse mints. Might help.
    Buckman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post
    Try sniffing some ground coffee, or have a couple of eclipse mints. Might help.
    ^^^ this or even some roasted coffee beans.
    there is a candle shop in the hills near here that have pots of coffee beans knocking around and they reckon it renews the taste / smell once you get immune to something, all i know is it makes my wallet lighter each time i go with the wife
    akef38, Buckman and Skoville like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast