Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Help! I broke my taste buds! ( or possible cures for Vapers Tongue )

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyvapingclouds View Post
    Oh weird! So, I've been vaping nothing but choc rum and raisin for a few weeks now and its heaven to me. Anyway I got a new juice the other day...choc mint...its so good. Ive been vaping it for 24 hours straight....Then I went to vape my rum raisin a few mins ago and its freaking disgusting. Tastes just like perfumed flowers. lol. Not only that, it smells like flowers too! Shudder!

I'm thinking that maybe vaping the mint has mucked up my taste buds because it was perfectly lovely yesterday. The choc mint still tastes awesome and so does another Bourbon/vanilla flavour I just tried.

The only other change I've made is that normally I mix up my rum/raisin in a cobalt glass bottle, but this time I used a clear plastic bottle. I'm wondering if the heat and light has mucked with the flavour or is it more likely that all this is because of the mint flavour?

Any opinions would be really appreciated

FOLLOW-UP:

I made a new batch of rum/raisin, in a cobalt glass bottle. Cleaned my rda and tried again. It's perfect and all the perfume/flower notes are gone. It's yummy again.
    I think I'll be keeping all rum flavours away from light just in case it was that. Any-hoo, problem solved and back to happy-vaping.
    I should also note that I'm still vaping the choc-mint all day too and it's not messing with the rum/raisin flavour at all. Weird.

AVF Regular
    I've spent a bad couple of days not being able to taste anything. Just about right now, but I discovered something today that really seemed to help.

Sweet cocoa. I kid you not. I don't know whether it's the cocoa, the sweet, or the milk but if fixed me up so good I had another one a few hours later. As long as you can have sugar it might be worth a go for anyone else who's in trouble. It also helps to not vape much - put the vape out of reach and only use it when you really need to.

In a cup, put two teaspoons of pure cocoa, and three teaspoons of sugar. Mix the sugar and cocoa together. Put a few drops of milk in and keep mixing. Keep adding a few drops of milk until you have a paste. Start adding a tablespoon of milk at a time while mixing. Once you've got a quarter of a cup of milk in there mixed well, you can slowly add the rest of the milk.

I used the milk frother on the espresso machine to bring it up to 68C. Delicious!

If you don't have a milk frother, you could put it in a pan and heat it gently on the stove.

I was probably on the mend anyway, but the cocoa seemed make me feel much batter, and I could taste even the more subtle notes in my ADV again.

Edit: The milk frother "volumises" the milk, forcing air into it to make it lighter. You only need about half a cup of milk if you are doing this, otherwise you'll finish up with chocolate flavoured milk all over your shoes. Don't let the milk go over 69/70C otherwise it will taste scalded.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 09-05-16 at 09:26 PM.
    Hoofprint likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    coles in the lolly isle,
    they sell these coles brand sour cola strips for a $1.
    eat a couple of them, that always get my taste buds pissed off and working again
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Think we have all been there.... Couldn't smell dog shit in front of my face after 20+ years of smoking....

Just starting to get taste back and had a lull after smashing so much vg high juice...

What worked for me was the usual drink plenty of water but also engage your other senses... Exhale nasal, try a thick big drip combo and enjoy the taste of a little bit of snap crackle and spill..

It goes, and ur sense of smell and taste will come back... Never gonna be a wine taster but u will get there.. !!
    merexy and gurishka like this.

AVF Regular
    I noticed this tonight... my son brought out some snacks from the kitchen ~ Bhuja original mix.... wow, a mouthful of that before vaping really made the flavours pop! My juice never tasted so good

Will try this again next time juice starts to lose the zing....
    fabricator4 and gurishka like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by aulonocara View Post
    I've just had a quick google and it seems pretty common, but most people speak of not being able to taste (like my current experience with menthol and red energy) but I'm not seeing ,inch about the nasty burnt plastic taste I am getting.

For those of you that have experienced vaper's tongue - does it just mute you sense of taste or does it actually warp it so that some flavours are unbearably disgusting?
    Burt taste could possibly be from your coil try witha new coil maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo86 View Post
    Burt taste could possibly be from your coil try witha new coil maybe?

when the newbie doesnt spot the post date 3 years ago
    Noe and staceman101 like this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    when the newbie doesnt spot the post date 3 years ago
    At least the newbie is active and trying to help

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Noe, rockmoose and FXVaper like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    At least the newbie is active and trying to help

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Lol 🤣🤣