Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Nicotine storage / degradation time .

CMB
    AVF Regular
    I don't think I have ever got perfectly clear nic. It has always had a tinge of some shade of pink to it.

In saying that I've only ever had two lots of nic that tasted like absolute shit enough to go down the sink
    fabricator4 and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I don't think I have ever got perfectly clear nic. It has always had a tinge of some shade of pink to it.

In saying that I've only ever had two lots of nic that tasted like absolute shit enough to go down the sink
    Yep. I think it's very subjective. I'm am an (old school darkroom) photographer with a pretty keen colour recognition system programmed into my synapses due to years of correcting colours, in Kodak CC's so I'm pretty confident in my ability to describe colours accurately. (FM has most of the Pantone catalogue in his noggin, go figure...)

Nothing is perfectly clear, if you buy it in a volume large enough to actually evaluate.
    DogMan likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quick question. Where is a cheap place to get amber or brown glass bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    A slight tinge is fine, and won't usually contribute any extra off flavours. Colour normally indicates oxidation to varying degrees, so the darker the colour the more oxidation has occurred.

The colour can be slight straw, yellow, or pink. In a smaller bottle or test tube it can appear to have less colour or even none at all. The volume you are looking at will influence the depth of colour.

As the nicotine ages the colour gets deeper and progresses to orange or brown. Darkly coloured liquid can be seen in small amounts. It may affect the taste to varying degrees. It is not harmful to use, but may be less effective, have a more peppery taste, and more throat hit.

Nicotine flavour should be evaluated in it's final dilution, not as concentrate (eg by sniffing it), but we all tend to do it. This could influence your evaluation of the diluted product.
    Here is a sample photo I found on the web:

The darkish band around the middle is the label on the other side of the bottle.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurymonkey View Post
    Kitchen supply shop has em for a couple of dollars in Albany WA so any kitchen shop should stock them.

AVF Regular
    Pack My Product and New Directions are good sources for bottles.
    eLicky likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Pack My Product and New Directions are good sources for bottles.

Yes, New Directions include free gifts with your orders like little samples of girly lip palm.

I reckon a few members here would love that.
    emu likes this.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Nicotine with a pink tint/tinge to it could indicate titanium oxides(if I recall correctly it's titanium but may be another metal) are present. There is an extraction process that can cause these oxides to be included in the final extraction & these oxides are not at all good for our health.
    I will not risk vaping nic with a pink tint/tinge for that reason, however not all nic with a pink tint is due to those specific oxides being present & it may well be due to other factors (often is), however without having it tested in a proper lab it is hard to say why there is a pink tint to it.
    Other vapers can make their own minds up about this but I suggest you do some reading & know what you are potentially getting into, googling "nicotine pink tinted" should turn up some results of interest.

Slight yellowing or even darker yellowing bordering on orange-ish is fine to vape IMO, this is only showing signs of nicotine oxidation or the nic breaking down into cotinine(sp) (which is roughly half as potent as nicotine).
    Completely clear nic is rare in my experience, the closest I have received had an extremely slight straw (yellow) tinge to it.
    Also I always get my nic in 100% PG base, this is because if anything is likely to be degraded in the solution it is the VG, nic & PG have longer shelf lives than does VG.
    emu likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

This may have been answered elsewhere apologies if it has.
    I received a 1 litre 100mg bottle of PG nic today. I'm quite poor atm. Will it keep in the fridge for a week or two before I can afford some amber glass bottles? It says on the plastic bottle store between 2 and 8 degrees.

emu
    AVF Regular
    This may have been answered elsewhere apologies if it has.
    I received a 1 litre 100mg bottle of PG nic today. I'm quite poor atm. Will it keep in the fridge for a week or two before I can afford some amber glass bottles? It says on the plastic bottle store between 2 and 8 degrees.
    It'll be fine mm

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast