Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Tapering down to 0 nicotine

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Tapering down to 0 nicotine

I am astonished at how wonderful vaping is. Since quitting smoking (10/day Champion Ruby rollies), my tastebuds have become more alert and receptive and with each new flavour I vape, the more hooked I become. I started out with 24/mg nicotine, upped recently to 36mg... I'm tasting it quite strongly in some of my juices and to be honest it's grating. I just want to enjoy the flavour as purely as possible. Does anyone else find nicotine actually just sucks?

I just ordered a bunch of juices from Mt Baker with 12 mg nicotine. I'm worried about losing throat hit, but no longer want to feel dependant on the nicotine.

If I find I'm craving more or getting edgy, I'll have to have a rethink. Anyone else gone through the same thing?

AVF Regular
    I started at 12mg and just today I juiced up at 9mg... And all is well in my little world.
    I plan on getting down to 6mg/mil in a few weeks. Funny thing is my Vapegedon stash will double all by itself when I do.

Luckily I ordered 100mg/mil so if I ever need it, Vaping at any level will always be easy.

For you? ... Just go with it and see what happens. Mix a small amount, maybe enough for two days and just give it a go.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

What I have noticed with vaping Nate, is the longer I vape for, the less I get cranky without it. In fact, even thought I was a cranky head if I didn't have a smoke when I wanted it, that feeling is far less so with vaping. I think part of it is due to the fact that there is no beginning or end with vaping. I also think vaping only nic as opposed to the additives the cig companies put in, makes a difference as well.

All this leads to being able to drop the level of nic much easier than it ever was cutting back on smoking. I don't get cranky when I can't vape, or haven't had a vape for a while. I just think to myself its time for a vape. Cool as a cucumber. Others may be different, but this is how it is for me.

For TH, you can put something else in it to give you that. I am sure someone will be along to give you some advice concerning what those things might be.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    Nah, not here. I need my nic fix When my ears start buzzing (honest) I know I'm overdoing the nic a bit and drop a it a few pegs in my juice mixes, but that's as far as I go.
    Cath Mort and maggie like this.

AVF Regular
    We have vaped at 8mg since the day we started a couple of years ago. Then started using kayfuns and quickly had to drop to 4mg. now vaping 4-6 with 50% of the flavour in everything. No plans on getting to zero but I don't feel the absolute need for nic now.
    sc_rufctr likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboardmama View Post
    What I have noticed with vaping Nate, is the longer I vape for, the less I get cranky without it. In fact, even thought I was a cranky head if I didn't have a smoke when I wanted it, that feeling is far less so with vaping. I think part of it is due to the fact that there is no beginning or end with vaping. I also think vaping only nic as opposed to the additives the cig companies put in, makes a difference as well.

All this leads to being able to drop the level of nic much easier than it ever was cutting back on smoking. I don't get cranky when I can't vape, or haven't had a vape for a while. I just think to myself its time for a vape. Cool as a cucumber. Others may be different, but this is how it is for me.

For TH, you can put something else in it to give you that. I am sure someone will be along to give you some advice concerning what those things might be.
    It's early days for me but I can relate to the bold text in this post... The anger is just, gone!
    maggie likes this.
    Peter

AVF Regular
    Been vaping for almost 4 years now. Started around 12 mg, cut down to 8mg a year in and over the duration of 2 years have not felt the need for nicotine and have gone down to 4mg now. RBA's definitely deliver nicotine more effectively IMO and will be thinking of cutting down to 2mg in the next few weeks and hopefully down to 0 by end of the year.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Mikey-Mike View Post
    Been vaping for almost 4 years now. Started around 12 mg, cut down to 8mg a year in and over the duration of 2 years have not felt the need for nicotine and have gone down to 4mg now. RBA's definitely deliver nicotine more effectively IMO and will be thinking of cutting down to 2mg in the next few weeks and hopefully down to 0 by end of the year.
    But apparently e-cigs are not and effective quit smoking device
    SmokeyBear likes this.
    Peter

LNB
    AVF Regular
    I started vaping at 24mg and after a month dropprd to 18mg and stayed there for a fair while. About 2 mounths ago I dropped to 12mg and only last week I went down to 6mg. The last lot of juice I brought was from steam-e-cigs and I've been vaping them without nicotine. I've got 7 or 8 bottles of 30ml juice mixed at 6mg and when I finish them I won't be mixing any more of my juices with nicotine. I mixed some Flavour Art Flash with SY4 (1 drop per ml) and while it doesn't git a throat hit like nicotine, it does give a warmish feeling in the throat and doesn't add any flavour to the juice.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    gone and hopefully forgotten
    Last edited by fuzzjunky; 01-06-14 at 01:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast