Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: queensland nicotine liquid laws and fines

queensland nicotine liquid laws and fines

Hi all I am currently overseas from the UK, I've successfully quit cigarettes and been vaping for a couple of years. Before coming to australia I read it is illegal to sell e liquid that contains nicotin, but you are allowed to import it from overseas? I've since found out today that it is illegal to possess e liquid that contains nicotine within queensland? Now I'm in a dilemma. I've tried zero nicotine and every liquid I've tried has been garbage. No throat hit and obviously not doing anything for the craving. so obviously I don't want to stop vaping liquids with nicotine but I'm worried about what will happen if I get caught with my liquids. Am I likely to get a huge fine? I entered australia with liquid in my carry on, told security about it and they weren't interested They said it's fine. How will police be able to tell if my liquid has Nicotine in it? Could I transfer it into a non nicotine bottle and keep all labels if any on them. I've bought liquids in australia zero nicotine and bottles had no labels.... Someone please advise me... Have you been fined for bieng in possession of personal use e liquid containing nicotine? I really don't want to end up back on the cigarettes. Thanks in advance.

I believe you will be fine henney. I understand your concern but there are no reports at all in QLD where nicotine use has resulted in any fines.

If you are not selling it you won't have a problem.

Enjoy your stay and keep vaping. Just be aware that where you vape in QLD is under the same laws as smoking. So if smoking is not allowed, you can't vape there either.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by henney2280 View Post
    Hi all I am currently overseas from the UK, I've successfully quit cigarettes and been vaping for a couple of years. Before coming to australia I read it is illegal to sell e liquid that contains nicotin, but you are allowed to import it from overseas? I've since found out today that it is illegal to possess e liquid that contains nicotine within queensland? Now I'm in a dilemma. I've tried zero nicotine and every liquid I've tried has been garbage. No throat hit and obviously not doing anything for the craving. so obviously I don't want to stop vaping liquids with nicotine but I'm worried about what will happen if I get caught with my liquids. Am I likely to get a huge fine? I entered australia with liquid in my carry on, told security about it and they weren't interested They said it's fine. How will police be able to tell if my liquid has Nicotine in it? Could I transfer it into a non nicotine bottle and keep all labels if any on them. I've bought liquids in australia zero nicotine and bottles had no labels.... Someone please advise me... Have you been fined for bieng in possession of personal use e liquid containing nicotine? I really don't want to end up back on the cigarettes. Thanks in advance.
    You are correct that is the law but I have not seen it enforced I have been ask once by police at a random breath test if my ecig had nic in it I just said no and that was it

I would not be to concerned a lot of people vape here and use nic they may one day enforce it but I am not concerned yet
    Last edited by robertch; 30-03-15 at 11:21 PM.

AVF Regular
    I have no problems either, but as mentioned it's illegal to vape in no smoking areas... other than that it's a free for all.

Vape on mate. Spread the word.

AVF Regular
    one person who posted on avf was stopped by police for what they thought was smoking with a child in the car. when they discovered it was vaping i think she was sumonsed to stand trial for a $5000 [?] fine, but it was dropped with only a warning before the trial
    maria likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    one person who posted on avf was stopped by police for what they thought was smoking with a child in the car. when they discovered it was vaping i think she was sumonsed to stand trial for a $5000 [?] fine, but it was dropped with only a warning before the trial
    It'd be a fiasco... typical Queensland cops trying to drag everything before the courts.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Im new to vaping and will be going to Cairns on the weekend. Should i be taking my PV with me to Queensland or not? I can see no problem bringing it in but getting it back out worries me. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

AVF Regular
    I've never heard of any tourist having trouble with vape equipment.
    You'll be ok, to be safe pack it in your suitcase while you travel by air.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    I believe a vendor was fined recently for having his own stash with nic in it
    Other than that, all the cops I know couldn't give a rats.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

AVF Regular
    ^^^^^^^^^Yeah....got fined for possessing his own personal nic.....$350......

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast