Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Less harsh throat hit?

AVF Regular
    I am now on 3mg after 7 weeks of no smokes. I was a pack a day guy also, even 6mg is too strong for me but im sub ohming using a crown tank with .25ohm coils. I enjoy vaping and do lots of it each day lately i have been chewing through a good 10-15ml of juice a day.

As above though higher nicotine with high ohm coils would be ideal if you just want to quit smoking. I prefer the huge vapour production and taste of the sub ohm setup so just use lower nic levels and still have dropped the smokes.
    Northerner likes this.

tmi
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Oh yep sorry. I forgot it's hard to go low nic concentrations early on. I was thinking about eliminating his nic TH problem. That was a big deal for me. I also prefer the low ohm low nic levels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlo View Post

As above though higher nicotine with high ohm coils would be ideal if you just want to quit smoking. I prefer the huge vapour production and taste of the sub ohm setup so just use lower nic levels and still have dropped the smokes.
    Whether you're vaping high power with low nic or low power with stronger nic, you're usually getting the same amount of nicotine into your system. You're just chewing through a lot more juice with that extra power.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    I totally agree with Northerner. You will need to up your nicotine to get off the smokes completely. Look at other ways
    mentioned to reduce TH instead.

Also to remind you guys that the mg rating on a pack of smokes is the rating for tar content not nicotine. This thread
    should prove helpful in working out your nicotine intake and requirements....
    Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

AVF Regular
    i vape around 25mg at 0.25 ohm on a mech, excessive Throat Hit is my first sign the battery is going flat, it is smoother for me at the higher voltage/watts

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    I have found that mouth to lung inhales gives more throat hit which I don't like so I switched to lung inhales even on atties with tight draws. My smoking wife finds vaping too harsh for her throat but I can't seem to teach her how to lung hit, she always does mouth to lung even when she is trying to do lung inhales. I've tried 100% VG & a very low nic but It wasn't until she had a eureka moment & did a proper lung inhale that she found the vape a lot smoother. I'm hoping now she can lung inhale I she can eventually get off the fags.
    DogMan and emu like this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    The low nic juices are best for low ohm coils or people weaning off nic, go higher mate, much higher... Or it won't satisfy and you'll crave the smokes.
    yeps, i agree, i too am struggling to find a balance , trying my best to find that sweet spot, i went straight into DIY, which didn't really bother me, i loved the idea of mixing. my first mix was a 70/30 blend basic strawberry with a few creams, steeped for a week 3mg nic.......and im struggling to keep that down......ive tried nearly everything, im convinced the Nic i bought prob isn't the best Quality, which irritates me considering the time it took to get into QLD. im subohming around
    0.2 to 0.4 on my Alien 220w TC im currently sitting on 40W in normal mode and the throat hit is just tolerable. im shocked at how the Nic is holding me, i was a heavy smoker i smoke bout 20-30 a day, white ox roll your own.....so yeah i have a few jitters here and there, but i have kind of come to the end of the road with finding a balance. anything above 3mg, is just to uncomfortable and to be honest would deter me away from my vaping all together, i know the throat hit is somewhat important for me, i need it to feel like im smoking, but not to the point where im coughing and spluttering like a demon.... so i think im gonna sit where i am and just vape a little more, im diying so juice consumption doesnt bother me, control and enjoyment does.....

stick with it mate you will find your way......eventually.....
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    I opened a bottle of Vaper Empire Ry4 24mg yesterday that's been in my draw for over 12 months, filled up the Ello sub tank and couldn't believe how smooth it is. Hardly touched the sides going down and equally pleasant exhaling, gave me the biggest head rush I've had ever accompanied with palpitations but it was awesome.
    Has to be the quality of the nic for sure, I'm a DL vaper and love big tokes but if I did the same with Hiliq or Mixology nic at 24 mg I'd be coughing my guts up. I'm not bagging those two suppliers at all just stating facts, I have no idea what nic Vaper Empire use but whatever it is it's superb.
    Proves to me that it's all in the nic you use and you get what you pay for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12