Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Importing e nicotine (qld)

AVF Regular
    Of course Qld authorities can grab our nic because it's illegal to have it in Qld. As far as I know the customs officers are all on the federal payroll & follow the federal laws & diluted nicotine seems to be a gray area. I don't think customs have to concern themselves with all the different state laws.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    I know its not ideal but the prescription route might be valid in QLD

Wa health (tobacco control) state its totally illegal, then did a retake when I asked if a prescription filled by a phamacy was legal, they changed their tune, thats ok.

Not cheap and a pain but if you coul avoid prosecution this way could be an option for the future?
    LustStarrr likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hi, although I am late to the party I have read this thread then found this information on current laws.

"Current Australian Law about Importing Nicotine from Overseas
    07 Nov 2016

The sale, possession and use of e-liquids containing nicotine is currently illegal in every jurisdiction in Australia. As nicotine is classified as Schedule 7 Dangerous poison, it is completely prohibited in every state across the country. However, if you would like to use nicotine e-liquids for therapeutic purposes such as to quit smoking or easing nicotine withdrawal, you should purchase e-cigs and e-liquids registered by Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).

About TGA:

Unfortunately, there arenít any vaping products registered by TGA yet, mainly due to tough rules, vastly expensive and almost impossible procedures to follow. These strict regulations have been imposed to fail the applicants even before they launch their application...."

Put simply, the Australian government are making such a killing on tobacco taxes that they don't want the sugar ride to ever end.
    They put half-arsed ads on TV and set up a half-arsed "quit line' but really what good is it? I tried it a few years ago, or should I say thousands of 50gram White Ox tobacco pouches ago.
    Instead of pretending to give a flying hoot about us smokers, by banning methods used to aid long term smokers in quitting and repackaging cigarette brands or upping the price for the consumer which is only upping the tax for the government why don't they get serious by banning the toxic chemicals that they control in our tobacco that are A harmful to us and B keep us addicted.
    This is even proven by the fact that its illegal in the country to grow your own tobacco. Pure and clean of dangerous deadly addictive chemicals.
    Even home grown marijuana is being accepted before tobacco. Why, because they can't tax it.
    If growing our own tobacco was legal we could smoke without addiction and quitting would be achieved effortless. even if it meant weening our selves off harmful retail tobacco gradually.

I too currently live the Qld police state but this effects the whole nation not just the banana republic.
    LustStarrr likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12