Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Juzm
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By Juzm

Thread: Reusing plastic bottles

AVF Regular

Reusing plastic bottles

Hey all just a quick one. I have had a custard vape in a plastic bottle for about 2/3 months . Just finished it a couple of days ago and want to reuse the same bottle for a cola vape. Washed it completely thoroughly and still smells of custard. My question is if i put cola into the bottle will it end up tasting of custard or will it be fine. Is the plastic now permanently stained with that custard smell and will it leach into the cola. Tnx heaps all.

Clean the bottle a few times with hot water and then fill and let it sit for a day or three. Water can sometimes help get the smell and taste out. I leave my used bottles full of water for a week, they're usually good to go after that.
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Since the new liquid is probably worth more than the plastic bottle, it would be silly to re-use the bottle.

Soft translucent plastic bottles (LDPE) can hold flavours and carry them over. The hard clear plastic (PET) doesn't, but many have MDPE dropper tips in them...
    Danny76 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Yeah i think ur spot on the dot thier fab. Just chuck it hey.

AVF Regular
    just throw it heck even tho im new i dont reuse bottles like that (tho i do give my good 1.5 milk ones a wash for tons of cold water) cheap ones like these nah i wouldnt

AVF Regular
    Oh, to be clear: I do reuse bottles, but as soon as they come up anything but pristine I chuck them rather than trust my liquid to them.

AVF Regular
    I do have a heap of 50ml glass bottles but they r a pain to carry around in ur pocket. Just thought I would ask before i used it might save it for another desert vape that i get.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    I do have a heap of 50ml glass bottles but they r a pain to carry around in ur pocket. Just thought I would ask before i used it might save it for another desert vape that i get.
    Yes, glass is good that way. Also makes great freezer storage for high concentration nic. I have the pump caps for the glass bottles that sit on my desk with e-liquid. Pump it into the atty :-)

I hate throwing plastic out. It's a recycling thing. The shit never dies or decomposes. I'll always try and reuse bottles but yeah, sometimes some bottles can't be saved.
    iamgirlsam likes this.