Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Where to find Halo Tribeca?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Where to find Halo Tribeca?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm making a return to vaping, since I gave it up back in 2007 when the technology didn't look anything like what it is now.

I just bought my first MOD, tank, batteries, etc. I was after a smooth tobacco flavour liquid and came across Halo Tribeca which seems to have received good reviewed everywhere. I wanted to see if I could get one in a shop rather than ordering online. I've already found a few placed in Australia that have it in stock (some others don't) but wondering if anyone knows any shops here in Melbourne that I could just walk in and get one. If I could test a few first that would be even better!

Thanks in advance!

axx
    AVF Regular
    Hi xisr & welcome,

Im sorry I cannot help with where to buy it without googling for you, but Ive made the clone recipe pack you mix up for yourself from Sydney Vapour. Ive read many reports that its the same as the original. Its a very simple recipe that needs to steep but you can pick up some ready to vape eliquid whilst you wait, there are some fantastic mixes using RY4

Great value for money in DIY - you could for example pick up another 20ml of RY4 Double for $10 & be able to make 300ml for around $30.

Tribeca Clone

Just a thought for when you get sick of paying the premium price they will charge!

Hope you find a b&m shop or online place to order from
    xizr likes this.

AVF Regular
    In Australia, Jostech and ecig for life.

I've not dealt with either of them so you're on your own there.

https://jostechecig.com.au/tribeca-e-liquid.html
    HALO Tribeca E-Liquid | Ecig Life
    xizr likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Vape Street got them in a month or so ago, https://vapestreet.com.au/collections/halo-eliquids = SOLD OUT sorry.

I also tried the clone from Sydney Vapor it was pretty good ended up making a larger batch after getting my own flavours but I found the taffy a little strong.

Vape King has a doubler called Rebecca. lol Tribecca/Rebecca get it, made in the UK. Rebecca | Cloud Chasers | VapeKing

On a side note : HALO have amazing drippers in their bottles with the mil's marked down the side.
    Last edited by Dhufish; 02-12-16 at 08:19 PM.
    xizr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by axx View Post
    Hi xisr & welcome,

Im sorry I cannot help with where to buy it without googling for you, but Ive made the clone recipe pack you mix up for yourself from Sydney Vapour. Ive read many reports that its the same as the original. Its a very simple recipe that needs to steep but you can pick up some ready to vape eliquid whilst you wait, there are some fantastic mixes using RY4

Great value for money in DIY - you could for example pick up another 20ml of RY4 Double for $10 & be able to make 300ml for around $30.

Tribeca Clone

Just a thought for when you get sick of paying the premium price they will charge!

Hope you find a b&m shop or online place to order from
    Thanks a lot for the advice! I knew I would be doing DIY soon but couldn't imagine this soon! It's certainly much more costly to buy the ready to vape liquids, although I'll probably go and buy one in the meantime.

Just to make sure I understand what I'll be doing... all these TFAs are PG based, is that correct? even the double RY4? so if I want to make my own ration of VG/PG (which is probably 60/40 or even 70/30) then I'll have to buy some VG separately and adjust the concentrations, right? So if my calculations are correct, that clone pack gives me 10 + 2 + 1.6 + 2.4 = 16 ml of PG-based flavouring for which I'll need almost twice more VG to get that ratio - I know I should redirect the rest of the discussion to the DIY forum, but just to make sure I'm on the right track.

Thanks again!
    axx likes this.

Thanks Chris for the links! Those were the two I had already found online but I was more after shops that I could walk in and grab one while I make up my mind on whether start mixing my own or try more first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhufish View Post
    Vape Street got them in a month or so ago, https://vapestreet.com.au/collections/halo-eliquids = SOLD OUT sorry.

I also tried the clone from Sydney Vapor it was pretty good ended up making a larger batch after souring my own flavours but found the taffy a little strong after a lenghty steep.

Vape King has a doubler called Rebecca lol Tribecca/Rebecca made in the UK i'm lead to believe Rebecca | Cloud Chasers | VapeKing pretty well spot on.

On a side note : HALO have amazing drippers in their bottles with the mil's marked down the side.
    I actually ordered everything from Vape Street but sadly, as you mentioned, they didn't have any in stock. I might try making my own and see how it goes.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by xizr View Post
    Just to make sure I understand what I'll be doing... all these TFAs are PG based, is that correct? even the double RY4? so if I want to make my own ration of VG/PG (which is probably 60/40 or even 70/30) then I'll have to buy some VG separately and adjust the concentrations, right? So if my calculations are correct, that clone pack gives me 10 + 2 + 1.6 + 2.4 = 16 ml of PG-based flavouring for which I'll need almost twice more VG to get that ratio - I know I should redirect the rest of the discussion to the DIY forum, but just to make sure I'm on the right track.
    For how much? That doesn't look right at all. Here's a recipe with nicotine on the calc I use, for 30ml. If you don't want nicotine just replace it with PG.

e-Liquid Calculator :: DIY Tribecca 30ml 8mg/ml ejuice

So it will make 80ml in total.

Personally, I would reduce the concentrates used significantly but try a small batch like that first before you go ahead and mix a 30ml.

You'll notice to make up to 10 batches you'll only need to buy more Double RY4.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 02-12-16 at 04:44 PM.
    gtadmin, axx and xizr like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

axx
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by xizr View Post
    Thanks a lot for the advice! I knew I would be doing DIY soon but couldn't imagine this soon! It's certainly much more costly to buy the ready to vape liquids, although I'll probably go and buy one in the meantime.

Thanks again!
    You're welcome

Yes the flavourings are PG based.

Fabricator posted a link that assuming you were to make 30ml of Halo you would add 18ml of VG and roughly 4.8ml of PG to the 6ml of flavours used and the rest (if needed is nicotine).

I hope this helps give you an idea
    xizr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    For how much? That doesn't look right at all. Here's a recipe with nicotine on the calc I use, for 30ml. If you don't want nicotine just replace it with PG.

e-Liquid Calculator :: DIY Tribecca 30ml 8mg/ml ejuice

So it will make 80ml in total.

Personally, I would reduce the concentrates used significantly but try a small batch like that first before you go ahead and mix a 30ml.

You'll notice to make up to 10 batches you'll only need to buy more Double RY4.
    Right! Now I see what I got wrong! I made the assumption that all the PG content (30% or 40%) comes from the PG-based flavouring! Now I see that it would be too much, that's why I need to replace half with PG (since I don't want nicotine at this stage) to bring it down to 20% flavouring + 10/20% PG + 70/60% VG. Did I get it correctly? I'll probably start with even lower concentration of flavouring, maybe 15% and see if I can bump it up to 20%.

Thanks again! The link was very helpful!
    fabricator4 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast