• 2 Post By sperex
  • 4 Post By Littleraf
  • 4 Post By fabricator4
  • 3 Post By sperex
  • 5 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By flyingfox12
  • 9 Post By Hoofprint
  • 2 Post By shaneo

Thread: Nic sources - have they changed?

Nic sources - have they changed?

It's been almost 2 years since I last bought nic (VapingZone PG + Freezer FTW).

Has much changed in the landscape? I know quality was a bit all over the place back then, but is VZ/Nicvape/etc still alright?
    RyanohRyan and flyingfox12 like this.

AVF Regular
    As far as I know they're both still ok (not personally tried them though).

A fair portion of the forum now buy their 100mg nic from hiliq (they have a thread here). Good quality as far as I'm concerned and decent pricing too.

Alternatively you can also buy from NZ now too mixologyvape has liquid nic as well in various strengths upto and including 100mg for slight faster postage if you in a hurry.
    sperex, RyanohRyan, AllyP and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Hiliq also do 200mg/ml, and synthetic nicotine which is the cleanest nicotine you will get anywhere by far but is a lot more expensive.
    Review of the synthetic if you are interested: Hiliq NTN (synthetic nicotine)

There's really no difference between using the 200mg/ml and using 100mg/ml - just work in a well ventilated area. Taking a sniff right out of a bottle of 200mg/ml is about the equivalent of taking a little toot on 24mg/ml judged by the amount of nic rush. It's more economical to get the 200mg/ml.

Decant it into 50ml glass bottles topped off (minimum air space) and into the deep freeze FTW. Nic in 100% PG travels better, but nic in VG freezes better and lasts longer because it solidifies at -18C (deep freeze is normally around that). Your choice. Shipping from Hiliq is normally 5 working days or less.

Don't leave it until the Chinese New Year arrives. All of China pretty well closes for at least a week.

The TGA will be making a decision on removing nicotine < 36mg/ml from the S7 dangerous poisons list mid next year. We don't know which side it's going to come down, or what will happen to imports of high concentration nic at that point. Just so you are aware ;-)

Shipping a litre from Hiliq will cost you about US$24 if you are lucky (might be more if you add anything else - they have some useful flavour concentrates). Use the code HILIQAussie to get the AVF 15% discount which takes some of the sting out of the shipping.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 17-12-16 at 08:21 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Hah, seems I fail at reading, last bought in March '13 - so that's, umm, almost 4 years.
    Went with 500ml/100mg last time & still have ~200ml left. So yeah, not in a rush.

Did have a quick look at the synthetic stuff, but given "normal" is ~%20 the price... i'm not convinced I care enough tbh.

The Hi-Liq pricing is pretty sharp, but Mixology isn't far off after conversion.

thx for info!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sperex View Post
    Hah, seems I fail at reading, last bought in March '13 - so that's, umm, almost 4 years.
    Went with 500ml/100mg last time & still have ~200ml left. So yeah, not in a rush.

Did have a quick look at the synthetic stuff, but given "normal" is ~%20 the price... i'm not convinced I care enough tbh.

The Hi-Liq pricing is pretty sharp, but Mixology isn't far off after conversion.

thx for info!
    Ah, the good old days... My nicotine from that period I have no interest in finishing. NTN has ruined me forever.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sperex View Post
    It's been almost 2 years since I last bought nic (VapingZone PG + Freezer FTW).

Has much changed in the landscape? I know quality was a bit all over the place back then, but is VZ/Nicvape/etc still alright?
    HiLiq has served me well for quite some time. DHL is cheaper than AU Post and I do not know what the Kiwi's charge. Have a link by any chance that I can have a squiz at please.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    One of the best reasons about hiliq isn't the cost or the packaging (its good).
    Its the fact can go in to the hiliq thread, go RYAAN you suck and he will reply.

He shitstirrs like the best of us, follows AVF Rules to a tee
    Always helps out the little guy, and holds hiliq to account when someone fks up.

sounds like a man crush i know,
    but its been to long since ive seen a overseas vendor actually give a shit
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 18-12-16 at 03:34 PM.
    gtadmin, Tara, shaneo and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    One of the best reasons about hiliq isn't the cost or the packaging (its good).
    Its the fact can go in to the hiliq thread, go RYAAN you suck and he will reply.

He shitstirrs like the best of us, follows AVF Rules to a tee
    Always helps out the little guy, and holds hiliq to account when someone fks up.

sounds like a man crush i know,
    but its been to long since ive seen a overseas vendor actually give a shit
    Ryan just gets a extra bonus to give a shit
    RyanohRyan and flyingfox12 like this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    I did buy nic juice from the Kiwi's when I first started vaping. I am trying hard to remember the year. Oh well WTF over two years ago. $15 for 10 mls...Bull.....t to that and then postage on top. Get real....that was $AU btw. I now make my own thanks to Ryan and HiLiq and it costs me less than 10c per ml. There is a truck load of movies on youtube as how to do it fer christsakes. People are just lazy just as some smokers are lazy and want to pull out a stinky light up and go. I also am a lazy bugger when I am up and about and want a nic fix. Mods, this may be a bit off topic, I use a snuff bullet. Simple As. At home or when not busy oh yeah I love my vapes.